Bonaparte

Decal Wish List

Hello, can someone please make some ninjago decals? Most important ones are torso (front and back) head and legs. Nya (Samurai X, Ninja, movie, and season 1 clothes), Lloyd(ninja, movie, maybe disguise, kid), Jay(ninja,movie), Zane(ninja, movie, student (from the movie)), Sensei Wu(movie,season 1), Kai(movie, ninja), Cole(ninja, movie), maybe Garmadon(Sensei, season 9, movie(jungle, normal) and season 1 and maybe some serpentines. I know it's a lot but please, anyone?

I'd really appreciate if someone could make the following decals: 

Miss Trunchbull (Matilda the Musical Movie) in her "military" uniform: 

-Torso (front and Back)

-Arms

-Head

-Legs (front)

Miss Trunchbull (1996) in her dark green outfit:

-Torso (front and back)

-Head

-Legs (front)

I'm a huge fan of both films, and I couldn't find good parts to make a custom figure, so I'd like to request these decals. I will be using transparent waterslide paper, so the olive green parts for the new Miss Trunchbull and the dark green parts for the old Miss Trunchbull won't need to be filled.

Hello, I am trying to make a crystallized final battle MOC but I need the front and back torso decal prints, and the leg decals of the following minifigures:LEGO Set fig-012724 Lloyd / Golden Oni Lloyd (Minifig - Front)800x800p.jpg?1679637419.4036498

Thank you to anyone who can make these. As I stated above, I need the front and back prints for the torso and the leg prints. I also need Garmadon's standard angry face for I snapped the neck on mine inwards and it will not go on anymore.

Edited by EpicNinja423

On 3/23/2023 at 11:00 PM, EpicNinja423 said:

Hello, I am trying to make a crystallized final battle MOC but I need the front and back torso decal prints, and the leg decals of the following minifigures:

Thank you to anyone who can make these. As I stated above, I need the front and back prints for the torso and the leg prints. I also need Garmadon's standard angry face for I snapped the neck on mine inwards and it will not go on anymore.

Hello, I've been out the minifigure design scene for many years now however I've started to get that creative urge to draw Lego decals again. I choose your request because its very simple and your also the most recent person to post on this topic so lucky you. The design isn't complete by any means but I figured I show you the rough draft and to let you know someone is working on your project. By chance do you have ref images of the backs? 

52847155147_00832c504c.jpg

On 4/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, Project Black Brick said:

Hello, I've been out the minifigure design scene for many years now however I've started to get that creative urge to draw Lego decals again. I choose your request because its very simple and your also the most recent person to post on this topic so lucky you. The design isn't complete by any means but I figured I show you the rough draft and to let you know someone is working on your project. By chance do you have ref images of the backs? 

Hello, Thank you for taking the challenge but oni lloyd is different now - I just got the set with him so instead of making all of it, just do the torso for him but adjust the size to fit on a torso that has 4 arms (I think you see what I am doing here) and for Garmadon, the back torso reference you can find in a speed build of set 71775: Nya's Samurai X Mech. I let you know this because if I try to screenshot it for you, my computer screenshots are always very blurry and will cause a lot of difficulty for you. For lloyd, I snapped a photo with my phone and it came out better and I managed to give you a reference. Remember to also make the back taller and modified for 4 arm torso's. Lloyd's back torso reference is here: 

image.png

Anyway, thanks

Edited by EpicNinja423

Alright, just so I am understanding you better when you say a torso with four arms your mean two regular torso stacked onto each other? Because when I google searched that’s what appeared. If that’s the case I’ve got some ideas to alter the original to fit. Such as changing the six pack to an eight pack and adding in additional armor plates maybe more of the green area too. What I’m trying to avoid is stretching out the original design because that’ll look gross. 

I apologies for the double post. I've worked more on the decal making some alterations to the original design to fit with the four arm figure. Let me know if you'd like any changes but please keep in mind this is still a rough draft. One question I have for you is the type of media you’ll using to apply this decal to the figure? 

52852573379_2a05ac5a5e_c.jpg

Edited by Project Black Brick

On 4/27/2023 at 1:13 PM, Project Black Brick said:

Alright, just so I am understanding you better when you say a torso with four arms your mean two regular torso stacked onto each other? Because when I google searched that’s what appeared. If that’s the case I’ve got some ideas to alter the original to fit. Such as changing the six pack to an eight pack and adding in additional armor plates maybe more of the green area too. What I’m trying to avoid is stretching out the original design because that’ll look gross. 

No that is not it. Look at Lego figures like most garmadon figures for the accuracy. If you want the measurement then it is 2.4cm tall. Not the height of 2 Lego torsos. Apologies for taking more of your time with the misunderstanding. And no, making the six pack into an eight pack is wrong, it is supposed to be the height and shape stretched and adjusted. Another thing I would suggest is finish designing the front torso decal to be perfect first, then work on the back because if you work on both, then you have to keep editing both. Finish the front until it is good and then work on the back to save your time 

Edited by EpicNinja423

I've never designed decals for a four armed figured honestly didn't know Lego created that type of figure till now. I've got two designs one is a regular lego torso and the other is a lego torso plus a half. I taken your comments and changed the abs back to a regular six pack I've got some tweaking to do but you'll get the proof of concept. 

52853352611_f51e805d13_c.jpg

On 4/28/2023 at 5:19 PM, Project Black Brick said:

I've never designed decals for a four armed figured honestly didn't know Lego created that type of figure till now. I've got two designs one is a regular lego torso and the other is a lego torso plus a half. I taken your comments and changed the abs back to a regular six pack I've got some tweaking to do but you'll get the proof of concept.

OK good enough. If anything I can do the final adjustments on my own as well as fixing the color slightly. Apologies if you think I have been a bit demanding or bossy.

Edited by EpicNinja423

No need to apologize I under stand the difficulty of conveying your ideas to someone else using only words. We'll just keep this back and forth dialog making changes to the design as we go. You mentioned about the color? what colors need to be tweak so I can make that adjustment for you.

52855768703_3c8a11c121_b.jpg

52855714520_681946fac2_b.jpg

On 4/29/2023 at 12:04 PM, Project Black Brick said:

No need to apologize I under stand the difficulty of conveying your ideas to someone else using only words. We'll just keep this back and forth dialog making changes to the design as we go. You mentioned about the color? what colors need to be tweak so I can make that adjustment for you.

I mean you used yellow instead of gold, and for the decorations you used an orangish color instead of dark gold. The background gold color code is AA7F2E and the decoration gold is B48455. I hope this helps you out.

EDIT: I just realized that your original plan backfired - you said you took my request because it seemed simple but it is not, you missed something each time. At least now the only problem is the color

Edited by EpicNinja423

Gold is a difficult color to use when designing decals which is why I used a yellow and orange colors. By providing me those color codes I was able to make the changes to the design rather quickly. Color is one of the more tricky aspects to design work. Everyone's screen shows the hues slightly different than when you print out the decal the colors could be entirely wrong for Lego so you've got more adjustments. What type of application process are use using? 

52855691794_b053bc3c88_b.jpg

And the colors in this decal I generated by taking samples off the reference figure. 

52855709149_2018bf5d70_b.jpg

On 4/29/2023 at 2:08 PM, Project Black Brick said:

Gold is a difficult color to use when designing decals which is why I used a yellow and orange colors. By providing me those color codes I was able to make the changes to the design rather quickly. Color is one of the more tricky aspects to design work. Everyone's screen shows the hues slightly different than when you print out the decal the colors could be entirely wrong for Lego so you've got more adjustments. What type of application process are use using? 

Thank you. It looks like the front is done! now I gave you the reference for the back and that should help for the back decal. I will post this on my rebrickable workbench and note at the bottom that the decal was made by you. You have done a very good job after a lot of effort. I would hire you as my decal designer if I could but I don't think that's a job but maybe I will make that job and the salary would be $2 - $3 for one decal or more for more complicated ones. And about the application process I use HP Smart printing. My printer makes colors a bit faded but this should be good enough to match the colors on my figure. I bought a 4 arm torso and started modifying the shape and color for your decal. Anyway, thanks again!

Edited by EpicNinja423

Happy Friday! I was able to work further on your design. Let me know what you liked and disliked so I can make changes. Another topic I wanted to bring up with you is color. If you could create a color palette for me to use that would be so helpful.    

52871185907_679b3a8572_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Project Black Brick said:

Happy Friday! I was able to work further on your design. Let me know what you liked and disliked so I can make changes. Another topic I wanted to bring up with you is color. If you could create a color palette for me to use that would be so helpful.    

Absolutely perfect! Except one thing - the color. I left you the regular gold but I found the gold for the decorations is wrong, the color code for the decorations is 582A12

Color codes all needed - 

Pearl gold (for the background) - AA7F2E
Reddish brown (for the decorations) - 582A12
Green - 237841
Black - 000000

For all LEGO Colors, visit https://rebrickable.com/colors/

You did a very good job. You should make LEGO Decals, print them, and sell them

Edited by EpicNinja423

Thank you for those wonderful compliments. I’ll adjust the colors to your specifications probably tomorrow for me. Question for the next figure you have requested does he also have a four arm torso or is it just a regular torso? The figure is black so I’m assuming you’ll be using white decal paper? I’ve found that when using white decal paper it’s best to have the decal background color be a large square to minimize the white color from showing through. Gosh it’s so hard to explain this. Unless your perfect at cutting waterslide decals you want the design to be a large Black square to avoid any white lines from showing up.

On 5/5/2023 at 3:05 PM, Project Black Brick said:

Thank you for those wonderful compliments. I’ll adjust the colors to your specifications probably tomorrow for me. Question for the next figure you have requested does he also have a four arm torso or is it just a regular torso? The figure is black so I’m assuming you’ll be using white decal paper? I’ve found that when using white decal paper it’s best to have the decal background color be a large square to minimize the white color from showing through. Gosh it’s so hard to explain this. Unless your perfect at cutting waterslide decals you want the design to be a large Black square to avoid any white lines from showing up.

1 - Your welcome

2 - Regular torso. If you want, you can send me a 4 arm as one as an extra challenge but the only one I really need is a regular 2 arm torso. Also, this time I need the face and legs for the figure

3 - Yes. I am going to be using white paper.

Edited by EpicNinja423

I've made corrections to the colors and started working on the next figures design. For the face I couldn't tell if the lines are light grey or dark grey so I made both just let me know which one you want to go with. 

52876338536_212cb28a47_b.jpg52875759182_8dc4367bf8_b.jpg52876719875_77c9399216_b.jpg 

7 hours ago, Project Black Brick said:

I've made corrections to the colors and started working on the next figures design. For the face I couldn't tell if the lines are light grey or dark grey so I made both just let me know which one you want to go with. 

The face should have the wrinkles in light gray with dark gray eyebrows. Also, the face needs to be dual sided - the face you made and a smile

Reference - He smiles Garmadon does a lot of bad stuff but honestly I think he's one of  the best characters. He is very conflicted b… | Lego ninjago, Ninjago,  Animated cartoons

Good job so far

Edited by EpicNinja423

You've got it! I designed a happy face to go along with the angry face also included is the front torso design. Still need to adjust the torso decal however you get an idea and can input your suggestions. 

52877774278_9ec1f81885_b.jpg 

45 minutes ago, Project Black Brick said:

You've got it! I designed a happy face to go along with the angry face also included is the front torso design. Still need to adjust the torso decal however you get an idea and can input your suggestions. 

Hello. You almost got it right but the belt sash should be dark purple (as in the actual lego color dark purple) and also the eyebrows on the happy face are slightly, uh how do I put this into words, slightly awkward. They need to still be bushy and not flat on the top. Good job so far

I see what you mean by the eye brows being too flat. I've corrected that and changed the color of the belt to dark purple. 

52880275939_fbe56e3b21_b.jpg

29 minutes ago, Project Black Brick said:

I see what you mean by the eye brows being too flat. I've corrected that and changed the color of the belt to dark purple. 

You nailed it! Thank you so much