http://www.hollywood...na-jones-875794

You haven't heard this? What, are you living under a rock?

So a fifth Indiana Jones movie has been announced. Steven Spielberg will be returning as director, and Harrison Ford will be returning as the titular archeologist. Discuss!

Edited by LuxorV
Fixed title.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-announces-fifth-indiana-jones-875794

You haven't hard this? What, are you living under a rock?

Totally didn't hard this... must be living under a hard rock...

But seriously, 2019?!?! I was worried last time that he might be too old to pull it off in 2008 and I was worried about TFA in 2015. Eleven years after KotCS. Well, I guess if anyone could possibly still have it in him, it would be Harrison Ford.

I thought KotCS was bad due to writing and directing, but I think Harrison Ford did what he could. Maybe this time with George Lucas out of the equation it could work.

But seriously, 2019?!?! I was worried last time that he might be too old to pull it off in 2008 and I was worried about TFA in 2015. Eleven years after KotCS. Well, I guess if anyone could possibly still have it in him, it would be Harrison Ford.

He's in no way too old. He crashes planes for fun, it seems.

I really hope this is good. Really.

I think we'll see more LEGO Indiana Jones. Hopefully we'll get more "Original Trilogy" sets as well.

Nah, he's definitely too old. Need someone younger in the main role with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones as just a cameo.

So who is Harrison supposed to play, if not Indy, and why would they cast a younger actor and put him in old-age makeup when they've got a perfect age-appropriate Indy right there? That's just silly. :p

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-announces-fifth-indiana-jones-875794

You haven't hard this? What, are you living under a rock?

So a fifth Indiana Jones movie has been announced. Steven Spielberg will be returning as director, and Harrison Ford will be returning as the titular archeologist. Discuss!

What about stuff other than the fifth movie? Is there a general Indy thread here? If not, should this be it (and get a title change), or should there be a separate thread?

Nah, he's definitely too old. Need someone younger in the main role with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones as just a cameo.

Well, he got casted, so I guess he isn't old enough yet. Like Actor Builder said, he crashes planes and gets crushed by movie sets for fun.

Like Actor Builder said, he crashes planes and gets crushed by movie sets for fun.

Yes, my point was very good, wasn't it? :tongue:

For fun.

Chris Pratt struggles with CGI dinosaurs- how's he supposed to handle a 5 ton boulder coming his way? A 75 year old Harrison Ford could split that boulder in two like nobody's business.

I certainly hope John Rhys-Davies returns as Sallah. And I wouldn't mind seeing John Hurt pop up as Harold Oxley.

Totally didn't hard this... must be living under a hard rock...

Ok, Ok, you don't have to rub it in! :blush::grin:

I certainly hope John Rhys-Davies returns as Sallah. And I wouldn't mind seeing John Hurt pop up as Harold Oxley.

Yes.

I wanna see a new face for the franchise. Chris Pratt already has Guardians and Jurassic World, he doesn't need a third franchise. People will get sick of seeing him everywhere, as cool as he is.

Is it so wrong, in this age of endless reboots and endless "fresh faces", to want some constancy? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As much as I like Indiana Jones, I don't have a good expectation for this one because of the last one.

And there's a good reason why. He's a great actor.

But a great actor doesn't mean he is suitable for all films. Rowan Atkinson is a great actor, but if you subbed him in for Vin Diesel in the Fast and Furious films he wouldn't work as that particular character because he is a comedy actor. And similarly if you put Vin Diesel in for Mr Bean, it wouldn't work either. They're still great actors without a doubt, but they only work well in certain roles.

Chris Pratt may be a great actor by all accounts, but I can't see him taking on the role... I think that Harrison Ford has given us such a powerful performance as Indiana Jones it would be very hard for anyone to top it.

I'm going to give this movie a shot, I grew up on the Indiana Jones movies, they were my 2nd favorite movie franchise behind Star Wars. I wonder what artifact Indy will go after this time.

Eh? I seem to be one of the few people who actually like Crystal Skull, and even I'm a little hesitant on Harrison in Indy 5. He's not getting any younger. I'm skeptical at best. I don't want Indy 5 to be Harrison Ford recounting stories to his fellow residents at the senior citizens home. An Indy 5 that managed to take his old age, acknowledge it, and work it to the character's favour, as in he has a protege with him or someone who does most of the heavy lifting while Jones continues being a smart alex and would be kind of interesting, though.

Edited by Kintobor

Please, not another long lost son. That's be too dumb. Maybe just a young adventurer amateur that he helps

But a great actor doesn't mean he is suitable for all films. Rowan Atkinson is a great actor, but if you subbed him in for Vin Diesel in the Fast and Furious films he wouldn't work as that particular character because he is a comedy actor. And similarly if you put Vin Diesel in for Mr Bean, it wouldn't work either. They're still great actors without a doubt, but they only work well in certain roles.

Chris Pratt may be a great actor by all accounts, but I can't see him taking on the role... I think that Harrison Ford has given us such a powerful performance as Indiana Jones it would be very hard for anyone to top it.

As you said Rowan Atkinson is a comedy actor though whereas Chris Pratt is more of an all-rounds type. I can easily picture Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones, in fact I think he'd be better. I mean, look how perfect for the role he looks here:

He even has Indiana Jones-esque music in the background during the scene!

So you'd be fine with Chris Pratt as the next Doctor?

I would love to see Chris Pratt as the next Doctor. I could see him as a mix of Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton.

Really. They closed my topic :C

There was nothing wrong with it

Anyway, as a filmmaker, i was inspired by raiders and crusade so I'm in for a 5th adventure!

So yah footage leak.

Best actor i say. Saw hidden in a subbreddit where crap is just posted. its a diamond in the rough.

:tongue:

Edited by pittpenguin123

Just saying, if they wanted to replace Indy why make a new Indy film? Why not do what the Rocky franchise did with "Creed"? Do Indy 5 focusing on Indy, then make a follow up film focused on the new character with Indy as his mentor.Don't brand the follow up as another Indy film but brand it, " Amazon Rex" or whatever the name of the new character is...

(Don't take the name Amazon Rex to seriously...)

Edited by xboxtravis7992