1. 1. How do you rate this polybag?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

It has been great fun for me to be able to review these new LEGO Nexo Knights recently. Fortunately, when I was buying these new LEGO Nexo Knights set, there is a promotional giveaway of this awesome 30373 Knighton Hyper Cannon. As long you purchase SGD$30 (equivalent to USD$21) worth of Nexo Knights products in LEGO Certified Stores (LCS) or Toys R US in Singapore, you will be entitled to this polybag for free. It is certainly a great incentive to venture into this new theme. Without further ado, let me share with you on this simplistic review.

Name: 30373 Knighton Hyper Cannon

Theme: LEGO System / Nexo Knights

Year: 2016

Pieces: 43

Minifigs: 1 minifigure

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30373 Knighton Hyper Cannon

25521434680_072c4ee7f6_o_d.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30373 Knighton Hyper Cannon

25701166132_e32c861035_o_d.jpg

A good defensive artillery placement to protect the kingdom

25701166352_c6c24cf8c5_o_d.jpg

This new polybag is a value-for-money fun playing supplement to your LEGO Nexo Knights. It comes with a static light-weight hyper cannon that allow long range ballistics to fend off enemies or even take it to the war zone to provide suppressing counterfire. More importantly, I like the fact that it include a generic royal looking soldier to protect the kingdom defenses arming with appropriate battle outfit. It is pretty fun to play with.

The LEGO building content

25521435090_5756b1da11_o_d.jpg

The polybag contains 43 building parts and is largely meant to build for the Hyper Cannon. You can see the clear front view and back view of the instruction manual that showed the detailed steps for this construction. These are the remaining spare parts. I like the advertising on the instruction manual which promotes the scanning of Nexo Power shields and I actually doing the actual scanning whenever I could find a new one.

Front view of Knighton Royal Soldier

25521434920_348388854e_o_d.jpg

I welcomed more of these wonderful generic Royal Soldiers. In fact, there are not many generic royal soldiers being made available in regular LEGO Nexo Knights set in large quantities. This metallic looking Royal Soldier does not come with energy armour unlike in those small box sets like the 70310 Knighton Battle Blaster and 70311 Chaos Catapult. If the armour was given in this polybag, it could have been perfect. There are back printing and alternate subtle facial appearance. The difference can be spotted at his lips alignment which is very hard to notice at a quick glance.

The completed built of the Hyper Cannon

25822123675_55b974471c_o_d.jpg

The Hyper Cannon is surprisly compact and well equipped. It has dual-barrage hyper cannon for long range ballistics while dual short-blasters shooters for close range defensive. The Hyper Cannon is able to rotate 360 degrees and can be shifted upwards up to about 45 degrees maximum on flat grond. The four-legged stand can be elevated for additional height to adjust the range based on the target grid. The target grid can be computed in this sophisticated artillery controls which happened to be a slope printed brick. That was a welcoming surprise for a small polybag.

Which one will be more deadly?

25727010591_17c6fc8c82_o_d.jpg

King Halbert, we will protect our borders no matter what

25701166732_7e738545c6_o_d.jpg

To conclude, this is a very fun playing and well-designed polybag. My only complaint is the missing of an energy armour. Other than that, I think it will be a good static defenses that can be easily placed in different parts of the kingdom. I think this is an excellent promotional giveaway but I am not sure if is worth the efforts to acquire them separately in the secondary market. I don't think this promotional polybag should be given for top dollars. A reasonable USD$4 to $5 will be acceptable based on the standard LEGO polybag rates in the United States. Overall, I am glad to have these wonderful polybags through the means of buying these new LEGO Nexo Knights sets.

Summary review

Playability: 8/10 (Fun to rotate and adjust the Hyper Cannon, coupled with stud shooters.)

Design: 8/10 (Good compact artillery looking design.)

Price: 8/10 (If you get it as part of the promotional deal, then is definitely worth it. Otherwise don't pay more what it perceived to be.)

Overall: 8/10 (Nice generic looking royal soldier to increase the total of the soldiers accompanied with a good polybag design.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

Nice review. Also would like to get a bulk of them - nice turrets, minifigure and neon windscreen :) But its a bit disappointing, that figures in polybags do not have an armor.

Any information on when/how/where these will be released in the US? I'd imagine in Toys R Us, since that's where it's been released in Singapore.

With a name like "Knighton Hyper Cannon", you'd assume that the entire nation had one hyper cannon for itself. could you imagine how cool a build of a giant solar powered technology cannon would be?The side builds could be a few vehicles to protect it or something. it could be $40-50.

I was a little let down when I realized it was a polybag, but it still looks pretty cool and is a good way to army build, so I can't say this isn't awesome :wink:

Edited by gamejutzu

Thank you for your comments! I am very pleased with this polybag but it will be a full completion for me if it include an armour for the minifigure.

Any information on when/how/where these will be released in the US? I'd imagine in Toys R Us, since that's where it's been released in Singapore.

No news as of now. We can't buy this off-the-shelf unlike in the US. This is part of the promotional giveaway in Singapore.

With a name like "Knighton Hyper Cannon", you'd assume that the entire nation had one hyper cannon for itself. could you imagine how cool a build of a giant solar powered technology cannon would be?The side builds could be a few vehicles to protect it or something. it could be $40-50.

Well, the name sounds 'bigger' than it appeared. :tongue:

I was a little let down when I realized it was a polybag, but it still looks pretty cool and is a good way to army build, so I can't say this isn't awesome :wink:

I dunno, to me the name reminds me of things like "Imperial Turbolaser"—not necessarily indicative of something all that powerful or unique. :grin:

I dunno, to me the name reminds me of things like "Imperial Turbolaser"—not necessarily indicative of something all that powerful or unique. :grin:

Just Googled hyper cannons... Seems people are thinking in my direction. A lot of hyper cannons are a ship's main power weapon, or it's attached to a tank or something... But what they all have in common is that they're huge.

Sure this isn't bad, but for someone who's never heard of that set in my life and all of a sudden seeing a polybag, it's kinda... There, I guess.

One thing that bothers me a bit about this set is that it doesn't have any real medieval motifs to speak of. Other Nexo Knights hero vehicles generally feel very medieval-inspired... flying crossbow, flying sword, horse mech, knight mech, rolling fortress, etc. But this one just feels like generic sci-fi. It doesn't even have any medieval weapon pieces as decoration. Aside from the minifigure and his sword, it could pass for a Space set or even a Star Wars set.

With that said, it's not a bad design. It's got a cool color scheme and a nice range of motion.