Sign in to follow this  
Kwatchi

[SR - FB2] - March '16 - Dugay's Hut

ZSAR6f2.jpg

Laurent Dugay lives at the edge of Lowtown in a small shack on a sandy spit of land, which he has built with whatever drift wood and debris he has come across. He lives a simple life. Every day he walks along the shoreline, casting his net in the  and selling his extra fish at market for a few coins; coins used to buy a bottle of grog now and again.

picZUgi.jpg

4gaiFcO.jpg

This build came about while playing with my 5 y.o. son and his collection (we have separate collections of course) this past weekend, when it dawned on me that Spiderman's web would make a great fishing net. I have to admit, building 'ramshackle' has proved far more challenging for me than I thought it would.

Property: Small residence

Status: Licensed small residence in Charlatan Bay's Lowtown

Edited by Kwatchi

Neat build. The ramshackle hut looks good, the layered terrain is nicely represented, and the web piece as a net is brilliant. (I might just steal the idea...) I'm glad to see the CMF Prospector hat put to good use in this theme; it seems a natural fit for certain environments and this is one of them. The streamer of fish swinging in the breeze is a neat feature as well. Keep it up.

Neat vignette. I like the use of the spider web as fishing net. Especially because you added some weights. Good sense for detail!

Neat build. The water looks pretty good, as do the walls of the hut.

Nice hut, I do like the trans white on grey fro water, looks very realistic.

After reading your post, my initial thought was wow your son has a lot of brown tile pieces in his collection... but then I realised you probably didn't build the entire thing for his bricks, just pinched his spider web (typical Sea rat behaviour).

Looks good.

Really clever usage of that spider web - great job, I will definitely copy this idea at some point! ;-)

The hut is quite beautiful as well.

As others have mentioned, the spider web makes a great net, and the round parts are fantastic weights. Additionally, the water is really well done as is the hut. Really clever use of the door for the roof.