Meatcan

[MOC] [LDD -WIP] C1-10P "CHOPPER" UCS

Received the parts for the head:

mWao1SH.jpg

9wf6nrS.jpg

DXZkLQp.jpg

Ep0Glmp.jpg

Last shipment for the torso parts will be delivered this week.

I wasn't convinced when you posted the first WIP photo, but seeing it in physical bricks on R2 has got me excited for where this project is going.

Edited by Junior Shark

I wasn't convinced when

I am still not convinced.

And I fail to understand how you tackle your project.

I googled C1-10P for pics. I got this : http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e5/Chopper2-Fathead.png/revision/latest?cb=20150310040946

With that single pic, I got a few informations :

- the body is a cylinder, so the head is round. Why the base of your head is a square with round corners ? Oo

- you probably should have made the head a bit smaller, and the eyes much smaller.

- except the colors, the legs have a similar look to R2-D2's legs. If you had designed the model in the same size as 10225, you could have use 10225 design on your model.

Thanks for all your comments.

@TheNerdyOne_ I hope to build the torso tomorrow but knowing the delivery times of Bricks and Pieces it will be Thursday at the earliest.

@Anio as you can see on the first page I tried a couple of iterations of the head already but if you have a better way to make a round cylinder please share and I will alter the design. As for the eyes I am actually starting to like the more cartoony style it gives chopper as it is a animated character. Smaller would look like this: 7qg8Xpx.jpg

I plan on using a somewhat same design on the legs as 10225 except make them shorter as the are compared to r2's.

New links with the finished product. Thanks everyone for your help, I hope you enjoy the pictures.

fCy3HmX.jpg

PAy0auD.jpg

XrnhVcW.jpg

Thanks guys for all your nice comments.

Does the wheel retract or fold back into the body?

The wheel retracts and you can roll around chopper backwards and forwards.

:wub:

Definitely cute!

I'd be proud to have him stood next to my R2-D2 :sweet:

I don't know how R2 feels about that

GSnwvqK.jpg

Edited by Meatcan

The wheel retracts and you can roll around chopper backwards and forwards.

Thinking about it, I did not know wheels and tires exist in the galaxy far far away!

Thinking about it, I did not know wheels and tires exist in the galaxy far far away!

Well it was either his jet engine or his wheel (he has both in the series). A working wheel is a lot more fun then a not working jet engine, in my opinion. But you are right about wheels being rare in Star Wars.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for your help and comments on my first MOC, and I wanted to tell you that I have uploaded my idea to the LEGO Ideas website. If you would like to see this project become an official set support me here:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/140959