SrChuck

Do you know how many LEGO do you have?

I have more than 100 minifigs, I love it, but I have a problem when I see one that I don't know if I have...

How you can organize your collections? Do you have an Excel or something? :sceptic:

I thinking in made an app to store and query all the minifigs...

I used to use Peeron to keep track of my collection, but the last several years it's been insufficiently updated for keeping track of newer sets and parts, it seems, and I find it less and less useful as time goes on. Oh, well. For those whose collections consist entirely of older material, though, if should still be an excellent resource.

I used to use Peeron to keep track of my collection, but the last several years it's been insufficiently updated for keeping track of newer sets and parts, it seems, and I find it less and less useful as time goes on. Oh, well. For those whose collections consist entirely of older material, though, if should still be an excellent resource.

This seems interesting if you have numbered pieces, but if you have, for example, all the Indiana Jones minifigs, you have my problem.

I have about 95 minifigs now I think, and I display them all pretty much together. I know exactly what I have though, even without looking at my spreadsheet. I maintain a decent spreadsheet with Lego #, description, set #, date purchased, and price paid. I buy all my minifigs new.

I've found it pretty easy to keep up with so far, but I think a collection as small as 100 is easy to do that with, now 200 might be an issue!

I use Brickset. 370 sets, 677 minifigs. But those are only the sets I have bought new or used complete- there's a lot of loose bricks & minifigures floating around from thrift store finds, PAB cups, and other people's outgrown collections. Bummer Brickset doesn't tell you how many pieces you own. :sceptic:

If I knew I might have to face up to my addictions... however back of the envelope calculation, there are five beams in my living room, each one can hold roughly 50 minifigures. So 250 CMF, plus the simpsons series on top of the freezer, about 282, plus half a shoe box of spares and the ones in my scenes, maybe about 400? They're all about to be packed away as I move home, I am a little sad, the new place doesn't have built in display beams.

In terms of keeping track I feel like I just know what I've got plus or minus a few duplicates, but then my collections are not that diverse nor in the scheme of thing that big either.

Edited by BrickOn

Bummer Brickset doesn't tell you how many pieces you own.

It does, on the summary page for your collection. It's not really accurate though, because they rely mostly on Lego Customer Service's inventories which are often incomplete.

According to them I own 68570 pieces and 588 minifigs, however these are only the sets I bought new since coming out of my dark age about 1.5 years ago. With used sets, loose collections and parts and my KFOL sets which are still on my parents' attic these numbers would be much higher.

This seems interesting if you have numbered pieces, but if you have, for example, all the Indiana Jones minifigs, you have my problem.

That's actually not much of a problem for me, though in my case it's because I'm a huge, obsessed Indiana Jones fan, so I have no trouble simply remembering what figures are in what sets, how many I have of each, etc.

It does, on the summary page for your collection. It's not really accurate though, because they rely mostly on Lego Customer Service's inventories which are often incomplete.

Oh, yep- why is it so small? The indicator, I mean. That's a pretty important part of any collection analysis- you think it would be bigger on the page or something. Looks like I have 52,506 pieces according to Brickset.

I do update Brickset now and then but I prefer to use my own spreadsheet I've made.

I've currently got........ (let me add up :grin: ) 297 not including duplicates! The majority of them (219) are from the Super Heroes line up. The rest are Star Wars, Simpsons, Ghostbusters, BTTF, Scooby Doo and the Monsters minifigs. I also keep my girlfriends keyring collection up to date on there which is currently at 108!

Set wise I don't keep many to be fair due to space and I only really collect the minifigs. I think I've only got 3/4 complete sets?

I also use BrickSet, 373 sets, 845 mini figures and approximately 150000 parts, (counting Bricklink orders).

Brickset is currently the best way to keep track of your lego sets and minifigs.

Loose and custom bricks are better listed in other ways.

According to rebrickable I have about 347 Sets (I think I'm still missing at least 20 Sets I just forgot I have) and around 70000 parts, but that is just including a very small amount of pieces outside of set pieces; I would estimate it would add up to something around 90000 +/-5000 bricks total; I'll never find out how many exactly though, I feel like it is far to late for figuring that out... According to Brickset I also have around 780 minifigs, but I think it is more around the 900 mark considering how many figures I bought separately over time.

Keeping track of your collection is - if you don't start at a point where you have 99% of your sets disassembled and unsorted - is, to my knowledge, the easiest with a combination of Brickset and Rebrickable. Add your sets on either one, add your extra figures on brickset and add your loose pieces on Rebrickable. As I don't care that much about figures I'm mainly using Rebrickable though. It is great that both of those services work that well together.

The only thing I keep track of is minifig torsos and I use Bricklink for it, that way I can also keep track of market value of the parts at the same time.

My Peeron inventory, which is a few years out of date, says I have 1,032 Sets (575 unique), 139,411 Parts, including 1,979 Minifigs, and a total combined MSRP of $15,046.70.

Yeah I use Brickset to keep track of my sets; although my "loose pieces" are not registered there. Brickset's database also allows to mark sets "wanted" to allow easy tracking of availability and MSRB on sets.

I have more than 100 minifigs, I love it, but I have a problem when I see one that I don't know if I have...

How you can organize your collections? Do you have an Excel or something? :sceptic:

I thinking in made an app to store and query all the minifigs...

I used to like collection stats and things like that but the size of the collection is so big that I'm not interested in taking the time to do this anymore. (I already spend a lot of time sorting and building). I guess I probably have a few hundred minifigures. Maybe 400? That's about as detailed as things get.

As far as organizing collections goes, I don't have a running digital spreadsheet. I physically sort almost everything by type of part and hope I'll find the right ziplock bag(s) when building. If there's a ton of a given part type, I then sort by color. I have special places for transparent parts, golds and silvers because I like to find those right away. hehe

I don't have an actual piece count for my Lego, I only track the figs. I was looking at brickset today, and including everything I have 111 figs and 39 sets. Some of those sets are polybags or CMF, so that's a bit skewed.

I also tend to give my son vehicles and stuff I don't care for, like the latest batbike from the Gotham city chase set. I kept Harley Quinn's bike but only because it's hers. Pretty much any structure or ground vehicle from my Superhero sets gets parted out and sorted into the brick collection for future MOC's. The only thing I keep built or separated at this point is the Aircraft/spacecraft from Superhero sets. I dig those.

So being that I don't keep everything from all the sets, a true piece count is impossible. Which is good considering it's hard enough to explain the Minifig count to the wife, let alone a staggering piece count. I would say right now, including those sets on brickset and PAB orders I'm sitting at around 5,000 pieces give or take a few hundred. I only came out of my dark ages in November, this hobby hits you hard!

I use an excel spreadsheet as well as Brickset.com.

Probably one of the smaller collections on here.

181 different sets, 185 total sets. 79,564 pieces, 311 minifigs (though 99% of those are from sets. only have a handful of CMFs)

I'm consistently amazed that people don't seem to use Basebrick to track their collections. It is incredibly easy to use, and allows you to not only track your sets, but also individual elements and minifigs as well. It's saved me a ton of time when I want to know exactly how many of a particular element I have in a particular colour for a MOC.

Check it out at www.basebrick.com. You can import from other databases (Brickset, Peeron, Bricklink) like I did from Brickset. Another very handy feature is the "Can I build it?" function - where you can view a set's inventory and find out if your collection of elements would allow you to build it, with or without minifigs included. It's incredibly handy if you are someone who wants to Bricklink a UCS Falcon or something. Speaking of which, I just checked and out of the 267 unique elements in that set, I have enough in the right colour of 221 of them, 35 I have enough, but in the wrong colour, 6 I have not enough of, and 5 I have none of. How great is that?!?!!?

Also - when I go to a LUG meeting and we have a draft, I actually take the time to enter each part and quantity into Basebrick individually when I get home, which is very easy. That way, I can maintain an up to date count of all my elements, not just the ones in sets. It uses Bricklink part numbers and colours, so it is very simple to relate to. Oh, and speaking of Bricklink, when you receive a bricklink order, you can import it directly into Basebrick.

Hopefully you all give it a shot. BTW, I am in no way affiliated with Basebrick - I just adore their tool and really don't want it to go away or stop being supported, so the more people using it the better!

PS - Basebrick says I have 870 sets, 1,999 minifigs, and 300,199 parts altogether (246,291 in sets and 53,908 loose). It also says my collection weighs 285.4 kg!!

Edited by Chorduroy