Siegfried

Road/Rail vehicle

indexed.gif

I've been wanting to make a road/Rail vehicle for months and I have at last got around to it this week!

2027334312_f78dd3b1ff_o.jpg

It's loosely based around a Unimog, hence the circle on the front of the truck. (It's supposed to represent a Mercedes Benz logo...)

2027341910_efc6b37d15_o.jpg

I did the rails in the standard way.

2027347254_9c5648df70_o.jpg

In road mode. I changed it slightly in this picture; the dish is removed and is replaced with grills. Any opinions on what works better would be appreciated.

2026552189_414f5a5f96_o.jpg

As a free bonus here is my modified 7898 crane. I didn't like the reach it had so I changed the boom... but now it has stability issues :-| so I might trash it and start from scratch.

Thanks for looking and any comments are appreciated, especially on the dish! :-P

A very nice and smooth car, very useful and pretty clever. *y*

For the logo, I think you can find a very neat version here,

if you just click on Lasse D

Very nice car!

I love the use of those tiles to make it studless, and the wheels look good as well being just the right size.

Like Asuka I can also recommend the 'tape-piece' to use as a Mercedes-sign, it looks very good and I believe those pieces are not that expensive to buy on Bricklink.

My only point of criticism would be the taillights: I don't think they do the rest of your vehicle justice, perhaps you can place them on a 1x6 plate with an equally designed snot technique as used in the front of the car?

I must get around building some road-rail vehicles myself because I really like the category!

:-)

Edited by simonwillems

Hey, look at you! *wub* Great new MOC and mod, buddy! I love the truck, it is very similar to the ones I see zipping down the rails outside our house. It's one of the better pick-up style LEGO truck MOCs I've seen. I'm wondering if the "nose" shouldn't be a little longer. Unimogs seem to have more room for the engine. Regardless, I think it's great. Simple yet detailed and very effective. Great new motorcycle. We'll have to work that into the comic.

Nice smarty modification too! *sweet*

Very nice car!

I love the use of those tiles to make it studless, and the wheels look good as well being just the right size.

It's my new policy that all my trucks use those wheels. :-P I think the scale is better.

My only point of criticism would be the taillights: I don't think they do the rest of your vehicle justice, perhaps you can place them on a 1x6 plate with an equally designed snot technique as used in the front of the car?

Actually I wanted to, but I was out of black slopes. :-$ How's this then? :-P

2032797306_5bb846e015_o.jpg

I must get around building some road-rail vehicles myself because I really like the category!

:-)

I love them. Lego haven't done one by itself for a while. :-/

Hey, look at you! *wub* Great new MOC and mod, buddy! I love the truck, it is very similar to the ones I see zipping down the rails outside our house. It's one of the better pick-up style LEGO truck MOCs I've seen.

Thanks! It gives me a dual purpose truck for my town, and I will probably make a different back for it.

I'm wondering if the "nose" shouldn't be a little longer. Unimogs seem to have more room for the engine.

I did try a few "noses" but I kind of like this one. X-D It's probably wrong though. Looking though Brickshelf it turns out that there are a few Unimogs there, most do have the same nose length as mine, but none do it my way. I'm not sure if that's good or not! :-P

Regardless, I think it's great. Simple yet detailed and very effective. Great new motorcycle. We'll have to work that into the comic.

I got it the same time as my head, but I hadn't found an excuse until now to show it. X-D

Nice smarty modification too! *sweet*

I was planning a double train feature, but in the end I didn't like the crane enough. I only showed it so people know that it's possible. I haven't decided yet if I will trash the lot or re-design the stabilisers. :-/

Thanks for the great comments and tips everyone! *sweet*

That's a very cool truck Sinner! Studless on!

The only think what strikes me about this MOC is the loading space. The walls look a bit low, your motorcycle could fall off and that would be a shame! :-P

The new taillights look fine, better than the old ones, I must say.

About the disk: I think you should add it! The current grill looks a little bit empty to my taste, add the logo and it looks fine. I think the disk Asuka pointed out would do the job!

Very nice Moc Sinner buddy I love the smoothness of the model and the way it looks welcome on both rail and road! Again your cute Sig-fig continous to add a little charm into all of your moc photos! ;-)

It's a neat truck, altough it reminds me more of a Tatra rather than a Unimog, since the former has proportions more like your truck.

IMO, the taillights look to modern for this truck, I would probably have used round 1 x 1 plates instead. That, or extended the bed a bit so that the taillights wouldn't stick out so much.

Very fancy Sinner! *wub* It looks very smooth and sleek! A good colour choice too, I think it goes well! I wish TLC would make one again..... One slight criticism, is that perhaps the Mercedes logo could be changed to another part, although this has already been pointed out.

A cool truck indeed! It looks very nice, and smoooth. :-D Very neat! *y* *y*

~Peace

Nice vehicle Sinner! The second verion of the back is better.

And for the front, personnaly, I prefer the vresion with the circle, it gives it a more train feeling, dunno why... And this with considering it like a mercedes logo.

It's so sad tha TLC doesn't bring us some extra train set like your truck, and other things like a washing station for wagons, small docks,... like they done in the past, but with actual design...

Great moc!

its supposed to represent this vehicle, right, Sinner?

800px-Shunting_vehicle_01.JPG

those rail wheels are small! 8-

Edited by AzMean

Thanks everyone for your comments!

IMO, the taillights look to modern for this truck, I would probably have used round 1 x 1 plates instead. That, or extended the bed a bit so that the taillights wouldn't stick out so much.

The bed and rear will be re-designed soon anyway so it can be used as a shunter. The parts are in the mail... *sweet*

It's so sad tha TLC doesn't bring us some extra train set like your truck, and other things like a washing station for wagons, small docks,... like they done in the past, but with actual design...

I know. :'-( One of my favourites was the snow blower. :-P

its supposed to represent this vehicle, right, Sinner?

Sort of. I based it of several Unimogs of different ages. The one that gave me the idea was this one...

unimog_and__APT.jpg

...but I based most of the front off...

unimog.jpg

I probably should have just picked one eh? :-$ (While re-finding these pictures I ran into a lot of great road-rail pictures that I missed last time. *wub* )

Thanks! Exo-builder59's MOC's are all better then mine. I smell bad.

Aww Sinner that was nice.

:-/

*sad* ........................................... X-D Fine, you smell adequite.

Edited by Exo-builder59

I like the grill with the radar dish best. Great vehicle *y*

Thanks for your input. *sweet* I will have to Bricklink that reel print and see if that looks better. Next I'm planning on adding a buffer and magnet to the back... I'm just waiting on my Hobby train to arrive! *wub*