Well done Hallbricks. Love those doors. All in all a great bus and would you consider putting it on Lego Ideas?

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. Yes, I'll probably submit it. I just have a feeling that Lego rejects all large technic models, but I think it's worth a try. :classic:

Superb! The door mechanism is simply brilliant, very realistic/smooth and I love the fact that it looks solid and so well executed.

The model as a whole is really impressive.

Awesome model of bus and I also like how you did video. It looks like you are profi creator of videos.

So cool, I never seen a lovely BUS MOC like this before, You would be an Lego designer :thumbup:

Thank you! Being a Lego Designer would be amazing!

Glad you put it on Lego Ideas. I could imagine this becoming an official Lego Technic set ... if there is enough interest/promotion

My congratulations! It's really great the fact that you mamaged to hide all of its mechanisms and how nice you managed to make the doors open and close!

Finally the instructions have been finished, I feels like it has taken ages and I have had a couple of different problems with LPub. Unfortunately that led to that the look isn't always perfect but there should be no problems to follow the instructions. I hope for a macOS version of LPub 3D until next time. The project is now also on rebrickable.com so please visit my page there and also leave a like if you like my model.

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/HallBricks/motorized-bus

/HallBricks

Hi everyone! I decided to create a new topic to make it more clear, since I realized I wasn't able to rename a topic.

I have now, finally, finished the work with the instructions for my bus. It took ages to make them, and I had several problems with the different softwares the unfortunately led to that the result was not perfect, but it's totally usable. I apologize for the errors.

The project is on rebrickable so please visit the link if you are interested, and I appreciate if you give it a like if you enjoy it.

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/HallBricks/motorized-bus

Thank you!

/HallBricks

Edited by HallBricks

I'm glad you were able to finish the instructions. Looks very good, especially for a first time :wink::classic:

Only the quality of the images looks a bit weird ('bad'). It doesn't look like it's a low DPI, it looks more like you've compressed it or something like that. Did you modify/resize the pdf or something?

According to Rebrickable I have almost 90%, I'm missing mainly blue parts (and a ton of 32017 :tongue: ).

I'm glad you were able to finish the instructions. Looks very good, especially for a first time :wink::classic:

Only the quality of the images looks a bit weird ('bad'). It doesn't look like it's a low DPI, it looks more like you've compressed it or something like that. Did you modify/resize the pdf or something?

According to Rebrickable I have almost 90%, I'm missing mainly blue parts (and a ton of 32017 :tongue: ).

I had to compress the PDF since it was way too big. The size was over 300 MB. I used Acrobat, but I should probably have done it in another way. I still have the original file, do you have any suggestions of how to do it better?

I had to compress the PDF since it was way too big. The size was over 300 MB. I used Acrobat, but I should probably have done it in another way. I still have the original file, do you have any suggestions of how to do it better?

Haha, I expected Acrobat, because the compression of the images looked quite like when I compressed an instruction pdf a while ago using Acrobat :laugh:

I don't really have another suggestion. The file size is that big, because there's just a huge amount of images. I mean, you have 390 pages. If there would only be 2 images a page, it would have almost 800 images. However, there are many more, so it's really a few kilobyte per image. It's just that there are so many...

The compression is indeed a way to reduce the filesize, but you're also reducing the quality. I don't know if it's a problem for a lot of people, but I instantly noticed it (don't get me wrong, it's not a real 'problem' for me either, just a... minor annoyance :wink: ).

You could also play a bit with LPub's DPI setting. Around 150 looks quite good with a reasonable filesize. Lower DPI means lower quality but also lower size. A little warning though: when changing the DPI, it's very, very, very likely your LPub layout is screwed up a bit. You might have to change the front sizes to something bigger or smaller (because the DPI changed). I usually set my desired DPI at the very, very beginning before doing anything else in LPub.

Other than that, you can also just split the pdf or put in a zip file (although the .7z format seems to compress a pdf a little better than the .zip format). :wink:

Haha, I expected Acrobat, because the compression of the images looked quite like when I compressed an instruction pdf a while ago using Acrobat :laugh:

I don't really have another suggestion. The file size is that big, because there's just a huge amount of images. I mean, you have 390 pages. If there would only be 2 images a page, it would have almost 800 images. However, there are many more, so it's really a few kilobyte per image. It's just that there are so many...

The compression is indeed a way to reduce the filesize, but you're also reducing the quality. I don't know if it's a problem for a lot of people, but I instantly noticed it (don't get me wrong, it's not a real 'problem' for me either, just a... minor annoyance :wink: ).

You could also play a bit with LPub's DPI setting. Around 150 looks quite good with a reasonable filesize. Lower DPI means lower quality but also lower size. A little warning though: when changing the DPI, it's very, very, very likely your LPub layout is screwed up a bit. You might have to change the front sizes to something bigger or smaller (because the DPI changed). I usually set my desired DPI at the very, very beginning before doing anything else in LPub.

Other than that, you can also just split the pdf or put in a zip file (although the .7z format seems to compress a pdf a little better than the .zip format). :wink:

I totally agree that the quality looks weird but I think it's good enough to follow the instructions. I don't think I'll improve them now, but I'll do it differently next time.

I found that the layout changed the first time I changed the DPI, it was a real pain going through all pages again correcting errors. And then it changed again :(

Thank you for all your help with this project.

Also the edge lines around boxes, parts lists for example, got really weird when compressing. I don't know why and recompressed with different settings multiple times without achieving better results.

Edited by HallBricks

Hi everyone! I decided to create a new topic to make it more clear, since I realized I wasn't able to rename a topic.

I happen to do renames and merges. Which original topic are you refering to?

I do remember the bus. Do you have link to the topic?

I just wanted to make it clear in the topic name that the instructions are created.

Let me do that for you :wink:

Merged both topics and changed the title. Do you a nice promo picture?

Let me do that for you :wink:

Merged both topics and changed the title. Do you a nice promo picture?

Thank you Jim! It's as I wanted it now :)

Amazing MOC. Simple compact and efficient. Very impressive. Can't wait to see your next design