Really disappointed with the update. Still missing lego wedo pieces: tilt sensor, distance sensor and hub. Lego wedo is supposed to be suitable for primary school education. Kids often lose pieces no matter what i do and lego is expensive. Since we can't afford new bricks every year, it is safer to have them built the model in ldd first and then give them the pieces.

Doesn't lego want to help teachers use lego in the classroom?? :angry:

I've noticed two new decos for the Flat Tile 1x2 in the new update (from the LXF file posted earlier): a Speedometer and a $10 Banknote.

Apparently, the Speedometer is not for a 1x2 Tile, but for a Roof Tile 1 X 2 X 2/3. See here.

Ever since , this update there seems to be a rendering bug ( gray triangles flashing whenever i click). However it may be because i'm running it on a windows XP. :hmpf_bad: . Luckily soon , i'm getting a zoomstoom 16 GB RAM gaming computer which came out in 2014 :grin: . Is it XP or LDD. Please tell me :blush:

Wonder how long before LDD 4.4.0 gets released.

Probably somewhere in September or October i hope. If it doesn't come then, i hope in Winter or Spring.

Edited by Ordinareo

Wonder how long before LDD 4.4.0 gets released.

The straight (but boring) answer is that no one knows. A few years back, brick updates used to arrive regularly (2-3 times per year). However, since sometime last year this stopped, and at the moment we don't know what the schedule is...not even if there is one. :look:

Posted on the Rebrickable blog - "Fun fact – the recent LEGO Digital Designer update was a direct result of some problems we encountered during this project. However, the future of LDD is still a bit of a mystery to me!" The project referred to is the newly launched LEGO Remake site, and the 'me' in the quote is of course Rebrickable's Nathan.

Not certain the implications of this, other than LDD may now get supported due to the needs of Remake, provided Remake proves popular.

So they needed to be able to accurately remake the sets digitally... Well then! City's gotten a number of new parts in the Volcano line, plus Fun in the Park... if that's the only reason LDD gets updated in the future, I say let Remake use as many new parts as we can so LDD 4.4 can come out! xD

Where are the speed champion parts? I cannot find them for the life of me, been looking for the past few hours

Try to search in "Extended Mode". :wink:

The parts number (and name):

- 18972: Windscreen 4X5X1 1/3 W/Studs.

- 18974: Brick W/Arch 2X4X2 1/3.

- 18976: Rim Ø18X12 W Cross & Stud.

- 18977: Tyre Low Ø24X12.

- 18980: 1/2 Circle Plate 2X6.

- 21445: Wheel Bearing 1X2X1/3 W/Mini Snap.

- 24299: Left Plate 2X2 27 Deg.

- 24307: Right Plate 2X2 27 Deg.

Edited by KamalMYafi

Dang it, every time someone bumps an update topic my heart does a little flutter before I realize it's just an existing topic for an existing update.

Edited by Lyichir

Agreed. What they should do is make a small update this fall with the summer pieces and the other things they missed (NK visors, for instance) and then another big one in March. Of course, given their history with updating, it'll probably happen in April...

Oh, don't be so negative! I'm thinking this October, at the earliest. I am, however, hypothesizing that TLG will use the software for LEGO Batman, The Movie.

@Perry

Welcome to EB.

You have bumped almost one year old topic, please do not do that, unless you have some important information or news to add. Thanks.