I made a new updated file with all the minifigs in CMF series 1-13 and the LEGO Movie minifigs, futhermore all the minifig torso and leg printings I found.

http://www.brickshel..._and_torsos.lxf

Disclaimer: It contains only the decorations that a had so far and the ones PeabodySam shared with us a couple of days ago. There are some missing decals that I couldn't find myself in the software gallery either. I had some trouble identifying all the colors, especially the metallic ones, so please correct me if you find something wrong. And I couldn't find some of the new capes/collars.

Thanks, this is cool!

Also, there's a banknote in a 10 denomination? Since when? Everything has always been $100 in Lego world...

Lego Digital Designer keep crashing a lot now, it's just starting to happen, I don't know why, I tried everything. Hiding the building, copy little by little sections, down grade the graphics, restarted my computer,...etc. It only crashes when I'm trying to copy a section like 2x2, still, someone typed about it has to do with before its new update, but like I haven't bumped into this problem 45 pieces ago, it was fine don't know what's going on, I don't know if it reached to its limit of copying. For some of you wondering what it is, I'm recreating the World Trade Center. I have 48,583 pieces used so far, and don't think that's really a problem with my computer like what I typed, 45 pieces ago it was working just fine. And like there's going to be 20,000 more for me to complete this too, so I don't want to individually place one by one, because I want to make this accurate, so like there's a lot of individual tiles and so, and soon there could be a repetitive support structure, most likely for 7. Also, I'm still pretty new to Lego, so don't know if this is easy to fix.

(Link to it) http://imgur.com/a/BFf6S

Lego Digital Designer keep crashing a lot now, it's just starting to happen, I don't know why, I tried everything. Hiding the building, copy little by little sections, down grade the graphics, restarted my computer,...etc. It only crashes when I'm trying to copy a section like 2x2, still, someone typed about it has to do with before its new update, but like I haven't bumped into this problem 45 pieces ago, it was fine don't know what's going on, I don't know if it reached to its limit of copying. For some of you wondering what it is, I'm recreating the World Trade Center. I have 48,583 pieces used so far, and don't think that's really a problem with my computer like what I typed, 45 pieces ago it was working just fine. And like there's going to be 20,000 more for me to complete this too, so I don't want to individually place one by one, because I want to make this accurate, so like there's a lot of individual tiles and so, and soon there could be a repetitive support structure, most likely for 7. Also, I'm still pretty new to Lego, so don't know if this is easy to fix.

Anything about 15-20k pieces in a single file is too much for LDD to handle. Split the model in smaller files while you still can.

Anything about 15-20k pieces in a single file is too much for LDD to handle. Split the model in smaller files while you still can.

Don't know how really, and I don't want to split it up because I want to submit it to Lego Idea when I'm done, and I won't like if I have to show the complex without the twins, and show another picture only the twins or one of the twins. (The twins individually are little bit over 18,000 pieces) But you're right about that it's too much for LDD to handle, I experiencing some lag, but like tiny tiny. Thanks for letting me know tho, If I have to do most of this individually then I must and have to spend more more time on it, hopefully if possible they can fix it, I doubt that they really can because how big it is and uncommon for someone who has a lot in their project. Oh, notice that I think I posted this in the wrong topic, and sorry for long posts.

(we really do need better QA/QC in the "Official LEGO Sets made in LDD" topic, but that's a different issue)

It used to be that I would go through the new sets there one by one and list corrections that needed to be made, but correcting the same errors over and over and over again started to eat away at my life, so I had to quit that and just leave builders to their own devices.

Super awesome to see all the new pieces and coloring abilities- dual coloring arms is awesome- but is anyone else having the problem where trying to color the lower half of a long leg black or gray only colors the insides and back of the legs?

EDIT: Having this problem with a lot more than just Gray and Black. It's fine if I paint the lower portions of the legs first, but if I paint the upper portions it spills onto the lower halves.

Edited by LegoTFGuy

This has some of the same issues that the 2x2 dome piece has, that some colors will only work on certain surfaces, or in combination with other select colors.

Super awesome to see all the new pieces and coloring abilities- dual coloring arms is awesome- but is anyone else having the problem where trying to color the lower half of a long leg black or gray only colors the insides and back of the legs?

EDIT: Having this problem with a lot more than just Gray and Black. It's fine if I paint the lower portions of the legs first, but if I paint the upper portions it spills onto the lower halves.

Yeah, and it's totally random, when you close and then open LDD, the color combination that worked before might won't work, and vice-versa...

I can't find a way to update my 4.3 to 4.3.9, if someone would post a link for that it would be a great improvisation.

I can't find a way to update my 4.3 to 4.3.9, if someone would post a link for that it would be a great improvisation.

Take this cool survey to find out your Lego personality.

Take this cool survey to find out your Lego personality.

Try to download it from the LDD website and reinstall the programme at ldd.lego.com. What should have happened was when you opened the programme a small pop-up window would appear informing you that an update patch is available, and if you don't update LDD will remain running in offline mode.

Thanks, it really helped. And worked! I look forward to telling others how to update it. Thanks again.

I know what it feels like to loose a bunch of work when the app crashes right before you save your MOC. Luckily, the new update has not shown any problems yet...

Yeah, and it's totally random, when you close and then open LDD, the color combination that worked before might won't work, and vice-versa...

The hinge align tool works really bad when You are trying to make something like the LEGO Architecture Eiffel Tower B-model. Real life sometimes beats the digital way, you know. Edited by melegolol123

I need to update to El Capitan to get this update, and reading all the bad reviews has made me a little hesitant to do it. What I'm really looking for is the Ant-Man helmet. I've checked the photos of the parts in this thread, and I don't see it, but maybe I'm missing it. Is the Ant-Man helmet in the latest update?

@mnap22

If you are looking for a part, this is the right place where to look and if necessary where to ask! :wink:

This topic and others are listed in the Section Index.

Edited by Calabar

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I think I found a new piece in LDD nobody's talked about!

It's basically an updated version of the lightning piece.

nssNrWZ.png59233pb03.jpg?1

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I think I found a new piece in LDD nobody's talked about!

It's basically an updated version of the lightning piece.

nssNrWZ.png59233pb03.jpg?1

Sorry, but you've got it the wrong way around. The version on LDD is the ORIGINAL version of that lightning piece, before the sides were reinforced in later sets. So no, not new.

Yes!

Finally the long awaited update is released 4.3.9 can't wait start designing new projects.

Thanks Lego group

Sorry, but you've got it the wrong way around. The version on LDD is the ORIGINAL version of that lightning piece, before the sides were reinforced in later sets. So no, not new.

I mean I wouldn't say "in later sets", because the physical version there is the only way we ever got it physically (I think...), and the inaccurate digital representation of it has looked like that since it showed up in LDD and Lego Universe.

Another big inaccurate one is the Wu beard.

Another inaccuracy thing: I wish there was more consistency to the resolution of the hair models but I know that's something that's never happening in here, but I'm happy the classic cowboy hat got fixed from sitting flush with the top of a minifig head :thumbup:

I've noticed two new decos for the Flat Tile 1x2 in the new update (from the LXF file posted earlier): a Speedometer and a $10 Banknote. Can someone tell me which exact sets (or future sets) they are (or will be) from in reality or more directly their correct colours in reality? I want to use these decos in builds which attempt to use only "bricks available in reality" (by sticking to the "Regular Mode" and cross-checking the bricks online if necessary), but after a long search on Brickset, Bricklink and Google I couldn't find either decos listed anywhere. So I gave up, believing that perhaps they simply don't exist in reality yet (I even checked all the Speed Champion sets for the Speedometer, but no luck). Thanks in advance!

$10 dollar is from Mr. Gold from Minifigures Series 10

Thanks for that. Now just the Speedometer left (which actually has a higher priority than the $10!).

My excitement turned sour when it turns out LDD on Mac now requires OS X 10.10 or higher (even though the installer lists the minimum requirement as 10.6.8).

But I suppose I am way overdue updating my OS X after all, wouldn't have guessed it'd be LDD that'd be the one to require it though.

Apple probably put pressure on Lego to include Apple's sandboxing to prevent viruses. I will miss the upgrade to LDD 4.3.9 because I prefer to run Mac OSX 10.6.8 which supports emulation for PowerPC code. Sorry, but no thanks to this so-called "upgrade".