LDD 4.3.8 -> 4.3.9

bricks 3300 -> 3700 (450 multi-colors)

decorations 1500 -> 2000

360 VR easypano link

http://sky.easypano.com/panoramic-images/bricks-44577.html

25500577870_42d8ced69b_q.jpg360 pano VR LDD 300+ new bricks by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Render of all new bricks. LXF with all 318 new bricks by Superkalle.

25797969345_889ab9e144_q.jpgLDD 4.3.9 Update Released by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Talk about a game-changer. This is one gigantic update. New car parts, and much-awaited small parts.

LDD is awesome again.

WOW as I though LEGO had given up on LDD I did not expect an update!

Now if LEGO have not given up and they shouldn't especially because of LEGO ideas, give us iPad usage, give us more desktop options, especially for those using multiple monitors.

If LEGO are intending to give up OPENSOURCE IT!

I know there are plenty of people out there in the AFOL community just itching for LDD to become OPESCOURCE, they have awesome IDEAS.

Maybe LEGO should just ask the AFOL community for input, after-all we use it!

Great news, now lets hope they keep it current!

Have a grouse day BRICK ON!

Hey Guys, Look what I found:

CLASSIC SPACE LOGO TORSO PRINT. Both Classic, and Benny's Tattered one...

PERFECT FIND - another previous "hack" that can be abandon now... :laugh:

This is really really REALLY COOL :laugh: I finally get to try out the new 1 x 1 quadruple slopes

Have you found it....have been so looking forward to this piece but...but where is it??? :(

Update: Looked through everywhere if they misplaced it but cant find it...did they seriously forget/ignore it...

Edited by cefa

Have you found it....have been so looking forward to this piece but...but where is it??? :(

Update: Looked through everywhere if they misplaced it but cant find it...did they seriously forget/ignore it...

I think he means part 22388, the second part (extended mode) in the slope category :wink:

I FOUND IT, I FOUND IT, I FOUND IT.....soo happy :P

How the heck did I miss it, looked everything over 3 times :P

Edited by cefa

Now if LEGO have not given up and they shouldn't especially because of LEGO ideas, give us iPad usage, give us more desktop options, especially for those using multiple monitors.

things like the LDD rely a lot on mouse hovering to be efficient, I can't really imagine this on tablets, until hovering technology comes to them (which, I agree, is imminent)

things like the LDD rely a lot on mouse hovering to be efficient, I can't really imagine this on tablets, until hovering technology comes to them (which, I agree, is imminent)

Well, it could function by selecting the desired part with the index finger (preferably from the right hand) and drag it across the screen to wherever desired, then release the finger to drop it or snap it to another part. For rotating the camera view besides with the arrows, it could function by dragging the thumb and index finger across the screen, then expand or draw them in closer to zoom in/zoom out.

BTW I have just find out (do not ask me how :grin: ) that we can probably expect brick 30363 to be decorable in some of next LDD updates/releases too cos there is internal decoration (609090 = CS Golden Moon...probably for Benny's spaceship) already assigned to this brick although it has not its 3D binaries ready yet...interesting (I would hope for 3297 & 3298 as well - that'd be great if they finally make those OLD STYLE CS bricks decorable too)... :wink:

Edited by bublible

I'm guessing another update will come in 3-6 months, as they need to assign correct colors to all of the new parts, plus fix all of the new bugs... :sceptic:

And thanks TLG for keeping our dreams alive (overly dramatic music plays on a tiny little violin). :angel_sing:

Mmm, nope.

It's Anna's new hairpiece, from Frozen.

Gah, my bad. I mistook it for the other hairpiece because of the braid.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but most of the new parts are in "LDD extended" theme only, which means that unlike the older parts, new colors for older parts or any color for new parts are not in the "LDD" theme. For example, no technic axles are shown in yellow, although some are now available in sets, and the L- and servo-motors are in 'all-red' only in LDD-extended only. Of course, you can always assign any LDD color to any part, but having official (in terms of current or past availability) color-part combinations is convenient for MOCing purposes.

@JGV thats why I made several templates with correct colors for the L, Servo, wheel hubs, suspension arms, and other parts I use a lot.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but most of the new parts are in "LDD extended" theme only, which means that unlike the older parts, new colors for older parts or any color for new parts are not in the "LDD" theme. For example, no technic axles are shown in yellow, although some are now available in sets, and the L- and servo-motors are in 'all-red' only in LDD-extended only. Of course, you can always assign any LDD color to any part, but having official (in terms of current or past availability) color-part combinations is convenient for MOCing purposes.

The list of parts in "normal" mode isn't always accurate. I was just looking through the modified plate section, and saw several pieces in the new grays that went out of production long before the color switch. If you filter the list by color, you can quickly find lots of other parts that were never produced in the specified colors (at least as far as Bricklink's sales history knows).

My recommendation: give up on normal mode, and enjoy the freedom that comes with LDD Extended! :grin:

But beware, I find any number of sets built in LDD in which the wrong colors are used (we really do need better QA/QC in the "Official LEGO Sets made in LDD" topic, but that's a different issue) - most often its old grey for MSG and dark grey for DSG, but I have come across many other instances of wrong color usage.

What would be nice if the next update of LDD would have a theme just for current, and correct, color-part combinations, and a theme for current and past color-part combinations. Or, maybe we can find a masochistic person to make some templates with valid combinations.

Edited by JGW3000

What would be nice if the next update of LDD would have a theme just for current, and correct, color-part combinations,

Yeah but it has never been reliable anyway. Plus, even when it was reliable, it was still not hinting you the price, while a little part priced at 15eur in a specific color, is pretty much the same as non-existing.

Pretty sure many newcomers to the LDD were disgusted when they found out that their cool MOC was using parts that simply didn't exist. Now I always have Bricklink open in order to check what's really available & for how much.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I love creating builds that would never be made in real bricks. I have used parts that are license specific in alternate colors to create a variety of plants and other things.

It is great to have the Classic Space Torso decoration; I already have udated the models I posted long time ago.

Edited by marco9999