It seems like all of my MOCs are being finished during the month of March.

I present a Large Scale version of the Kalmar 180-9 forklift. I started this MOC last July, and after completing a number of other distractions, it's done. I'm please with the result. All pictures may be found on Flickr. The MOC features:

• Dual Stage Lift, PF L
  • Forklift Tilt, PF M
  • Steering, PF Servo
  • Drive, PF XL
  • Opening Doors
  • Removable bodywork

The lift is able to move three AA PF battery boxes (~600grams) to the height of 39 studs.

Much more at thirdwigg.com.

Photo

25676380441_47cfd24033_c.jpg

Photo 2

25650466112_886963fc30_c.jpg

Lift

25470735760_34987fbfa8_c.jpg

Chassis

25140931594_9328f9f510_c.jpg

Open

25745341156_80b0e4e9fc_c.jpg

Enjoy, and happy building.

As I love heavy forklift I can only say this is wonderfully executed! Tidy and works well!! I also like the mix between studless and sudded design! Well done!!!

Excellent build!

It seems like all of my MOCs are being finished during the month of March.

Oh, how I envy you :)

Thanks all for your comments. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

May I ask what scale it represents?

It's about 1:16 scale. Roughly.

Oh, how I envy you :)

Don't envy me. March just happened to be a little lucky. or I prioritized a bunch of projects that have been sitting dormant for a while. Since I am finishing everything now, I might not have anything done for the next couple of months. We'll see.

I like it very much but there is one thing, it has very little ground clearance, I would raise all mechanisms one stud if I colud.

it has very little ground clearance, I would raise all mechanisms one stud if I colud.

I agree. I found myself making the choice between a low clearance and a motor on the fork boom. I found the choice I made to be a little cleaner.

Well that is great, fits my trucks quite perfect! Great to have it as load someday to fit my lowboy trailer...!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Let me know when you are in the states. We'll have a little get together. :classic:

I don't plan to be in the Netherlands anytime soon, but if that changes, I'll bring it along.

Very nice forklift!

too bad it isn't in 1:12.5 :(

otherwise it would fit my Mogs :)

Edited by Pat-Ard

For someone who has been playing alot recently with Lego Technic cranes lifting other things I can firmly say that 600 grams for a fork lift is really, really awesome. Great looks AND great function. Great job.

Let me know when you are in the states. We'll have a little get together. :classic:

I don't plan to be in the Netherlands anytime soon, but if that changes, I'll bring it along.

Deal... Let us keep that in mind for sure!!! :classic::thumbup: :thumbup: That really would be so nice... :wub:

I LOVE this, such a great level of detail.

Thanks.

Great job again, I like the steering geometry!

Yeah, it was a simple solution, but it was pretty effective for getting a tight turning radius from the Servo motor.

You have changed my mind about the mini chain links. I rarely use them because I have doubts about their strength, but your forklift is turning me around. Great performance and a nice build, too.

I have completed instructions for this model, which now posted on Flickr.com. Build your heart out.

Some day I'll finish the part list, but don't hold your breath.