Sign in to follow this  
Capn Frank

[OL-FB1] KB's House in Breshaun

Greetings Fellow Oleanders, and those who aren't Oleon. Kolonialbeamter invited me to his house in Breshaun. Even cozy little Oleon houses have a some class.

25143743494_f4b5d3e32c_z.jpg

Some exterior shots:

25748145916_16b49ae400_m.jpg 25143746684_5b441674ed_m.jpg

25748144956_43f8fa4107_z.jpg

25143744064_e3c5143ea5_z.jpg

It looks like Kolonialbeamter and his wife started having coffee without me, again.

I have to start showing up to these gatherings on time. At least they haven't started eating desert before I got there this time. :pir-grin:

A quick shot of the upstairs bedroom.

25774215195_095ab6d08a_z.jpg

In case you haven't noticed, I reused the roof from the Creator Apple Tree House (I love the dark blue :pir-wub: ). I also used the door and windows.

Thanks for looking. :pir-classic:

This is a neat house, great job. I especially love how you arranged those angled tan flat 1x6.

It really fits Oleon, where I imagine the rather conservative people to invest more into a solid housing than other nations. Well done!

that woodwork is just amazing :wub:

Great job in reusing the parts too!

Lovely build, both inside and out. That pie reminds me it is time for my beakfast, so i'd better log off now!

Great work, Prhed. I too like the diagonal rafters holding up the upper workings, and I am a fellow fan of that dark blue roof.

The interior is really nice too and overall, the house looks rather stately, while it maintains modest proportions fitting for the new world.

My only gripe is that the pictures look a bit off, in some way. Might be the whitebalance, but others are more qualified to address this than I. pirate_blush.gif

The tudor beams on this look fantastic, nice interior as well! :thumbup:

Thank you all for the complements.

My only gripe is that the pictures look a bit off, in some way. Might be the whitebalance, but others are more qualified to address this than I. pirate_blush.gif

The color balance on the photos and lighting was the same for all photos. I'm going to blame my light bulbs and failing camera. :grin:

I had gotten all new, brighter bulbs, and they don't get along with my old, broken camera. Hopefully future pictures will be better when I put the dim bulbs back.

This house has style! Nice colour combinations on the exterior and I really like the beams and the overhang that creates the front porch. The blue roof is a nice touch and makes sense for an Oleander house.

A very nice house, true to the Oleander spirit! Really nice tiling and i also love the inner spaces as well.

Very nice build. I love how you made the angled beams with the 1x6 tiles, and as others have already said, the interior is very nicely done. Overall, you've done an excellent job of capturing the look and feel of a middle-class Oleander's home.

I am a generous god host default_purrr.gif

Good job on that house, love it, great style and the colors are perfect for Oleon. Perfect fit for Breshaun thumbup.gif

Here you can see how Oleanders support each other.

You forgot one thing though: the shed for all the colonial minions default_laugh2.gif

Beautiful little house Phred, the tan Tudoring is superb, and the interior is very nice as well! pirate_satisfied.gif And who can not like dark blue roofs? pirate_wink.gifpir_laugh2.gif Great job!

Great job in reusing the parts too!

Thank you Titus. I actually built the house from the roof down. :pir-laugh:

I like the fact that it's possible to open the house for play inside!

My daughter does too. She keeps on playing will my six buildings and fort that have similar accessibility to the inside with alligators being the primary visitor. :look:

You forgot one thing though: the shed for all the colonial minions default_laugh2.gif

I'll get right on that. What kind of property would that be? If the minions live there, then it'd be a residence. If the minions are sold and bought there then it's a commerce. If the minions work there, it could be a factory or artisan. :grin:

I'll get right on that. What kind of property would that be? If the minions live there, then it'd be a residence. If the minions are sold and bought there then it's a commerce. If the minions work there, it could be a factory or artisan. :grin:

Definitely commerce pirate_laugh2.gifthumbup.gif

Or factory, if they are being processed. No better use for them default_devg1.gif

Very nice house! Looks entirely suitable in an established but still fairly young settlement. I also like the playable feel of it, reminds me of the MMV houses :classic:

(Color balance can be easily corrected in the computer, at least as long as you have something white or gray to calibrate with (don't use lego bricks however). I used to use a folded white paper and now I've upgraded to a proper 18% gray card :classic:)

Thanks Gideon.

But why does KB lose a leg every time you two guys meet?

pir_laugh2.gif

I think KB was disfigured in some sort of ship accident. :pir-laugh:

Beautiful house! Haven't seen half timbered buildings with tan coloured wooden sections so far. Great colour scheme all in all. And the interior is small but definitely eyecatching. Could have been an advanced set of the never realised 80ies Europa Lego theme.

Nice house. The colors are great, especially the dark blue roof, and the use of the slope bricks in the same color as the timbers is neat. The accessible interior is fine as well; pity KB is in poor shape (again...) but he seems to be enjoying it anyway. Keep it up.