Willem Guilder was pleased with how his cotton plantation was progressing. With some early returns in hand, he could afford to open up additional acres for planting. So he set a team of men to clearing and plowing the land.

This build expands on the earlier medium plantation found here, increasing it in size to a large plantation. Here is the new build by itself:

01_new_build.jpg

And here it is combined with the previous build:

03_full_build_1.jpg

In addition to the new sections, I added some stones to the road along the fence in the old build, as you can see better here:

04_full_build_2.jpg

A close-up of the plow:

06_plow.jpg

And a resting worker with his scythe:

07_scythe.jpg

I think the plowed rows in the field worked out ok (although I did get some glare off the slope pieces I used in one of the photos). All feedback welcome!

Lovely expasion! That plow and it's field are really cool, but the rest is great too

This is a truly epic build! Great work. Lovely plough. You have taken a build that was already brilliant and made it even better. Willem is going to be a rich guy once he gets all that cotton to market. However, it is really difficult to capture such a big build in a photo, a lot of detail gets lost, so I think a couple more close up shots might be good.

Nice addition, the use of cheese slopes to convey the plowed up dirt feeling is right on. :thumbup: The stones also improve the original section!

Wow, that ploughing looks fantastic, great extension! I like the updated road, I supposed the all the stones for the road were cleared from the field before ploughing...

Excellent way to show an expansion. The plowed fields are nicely done with a great attention to detail with the dark tan and the brown along the rows.

This is a beautiful addition to the original and definitely makes the whole scene that much more impressive. The plowed ground looks really good, although I tempted to say I probably would've made the furrows a little more consistent (but I understand handling a plow behind a horse or ox was no easy task). The roadbed looks fabulous, and is more realistic than solid cobblestone. Good work.

Great looking expansion, Capt. Wolf! You really did a great job maintaining the original style, while still adding something new.

I really like the plow and the furrows. While they might look a little regular, and the plow not entirely realistic, I really don't see how it can be done much better in Lego! (Yes, anyone may take that as a challenge! pirate_tong.gif )

Thanks to everyone for their feedback on this build! The feedback I received on the first build definitely had an impact on this expansion.

Great way of expanding the build, I really love that idea

That plowed field is amazing, what a great expansion!

Thanks. I'm not sure when I hit upon the idea for the plowed field, but as soon as I did, I knew i had to do it.

Lovely expasion! That plow and it's field are really cool, but the rest is great too

Great way to expand ! That plow is excellent !

The plow went through at least 3 attempts. Thanks to Fuzzy MacFuzz for pointing me at an example elsewhere on the internet, and that helped a lot, although what I came up with is different.

It is really difficult to capture such a big build in a photo, a lot of detail gets lost, so I think a couple more close up shots might be good.

This build has already been torn down, giving its parts to a dock and some jungle battlements, but i do have some pics I didn't post. Is there something in particular you wanted a better pic of?

Nice addition, the use of cheese slopes to convey the plowed up dirt feeling is right on. :thumbup: The stones also improve the original section!

Wow, that ploughing looks fantastic, great extension! I like the updated road, I supposed the all the stones for the road were cleared from the field before ploughing...

The road was the one area that really needed improvement from the original build, so I wanted to make sure I incorporated the feedback I got on that. And I actually played around with having someone picking stones out of the plowed field, but it wasn't obvious what he was doing. He cold have been harvesting potatoes! I just couldn't make it work. But, yes, the idea is the stones for the road came from the fields.

An excellent addition to an already excellent MOC.

It was very, very good before, now it is excellent! Great work.

Thank you!

Edited by Capt Wolf

I think this may be the first plantation expansion on here - and it certainly sets the standard! I like how you actually expanded off the original and show the process in your build. As others have said, that plough is inspired! Great job!

I was very sceptical when you said you wanted to expand it. I no longer am. Clever concept, amazing execution.