Bregir

The Naval Licensing and Prize Court

While I am quite sad that this decision is unfavourable to my fellow Eslandolans, I still think it's they right way.

Else I would have MOCed six micro-ships of class 5 over the next weeks and would have licensed them all instantly, have (one of the) biggest private trading fleets - yet still the effort wouldn't have been comparable to the effort I had when I MOCed my 2T.

Not saying your MOC isn't fantastic @Legostone (because it is!), but allowing that would really have opened up doors that shouldn't be open.

Edited by Elostirion

18 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

If I were to build a full scale portion of the ship, like I did for the Puppy Hustler, would that satisfy the Court?

I'm sure you understand that digital MOCs require a higher effort to be eligible for licenses, compared to their real-bricks counterparts here. Using software you are not bound to your 'arsenal' of bricks, so it's only fair to demand a higher quality ship than you could build in the (real) brick. So, no to minimoc + full scale portion = license. Build the whole ship - or wait to win a 'microbuild activation required' license in a challenge. 

And I - again - would like to ask for renders of digital builds in general. Just consider the effort it takes to produce decent photographs of a real brick MOC - a render is the very minimum regarding presentation one should expect to see. I'm sure there's always someone willing to help out if one cannot come up with renders by oneself. 

Then that takes away all LDD builds from me, because the computer I have for LDD cannot run rendering programs.

2 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Then that takes away all LDD builds from me, because the computer I have for LDD cannot run rendering programs.

I'm sure you can ask many of us Eslandolans to render your builds for you, don't you worry ;)

Honourable gentlemen of the court,

I, Captain Benjamin Morgan, wish to condemn the unmoced 2T vessel "Applevilla" as a prize. It came into my possession completely legal on my journey during the january MRCA.

5 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

Honourable gentlemen of the court,

I, Captain Benjamin Morgan, wish to condemn the unmoced 2T vessel "Applevilla" as a prize. It came into my possession completely legal on my journey during the january MRCA.

As per the rules, a 24 hour delay is now instituted. In this period, everyone may contact Captain Benjamin Morgan with bids for the vessel. After that, we will condemn the prize.

29 minutes ago, Bregir said:

As per the rules, a 24 hour delay is now instituted. In this period, everyone may contact Captain Benjamin Morgan with bids for the vessel. After that, we will condemn the prize.

@Faladrin ? "The Applevilla", something for us? :laugh:

Sirs,,

I wish to condemn the unmocced vessels 'Chumpy (2A)'  and 'Toby (3A)' as prizes. These came into my possession during the recently completed February MRCA.*

*In truth these were captured by both Gulagurag and myself, but since I do the book-keeping for us both I am posting this request.  However, please send all generated funds to him rather than me.

Noted. 24 hour bidding period is now open. Contact the pious Bishop Meloche for bidding.

On 2017-03-03 at 3:32 PM, Bregir said:

Noted. 24 hour bidding period is now open. Contact the pious Bishop Meloche for bidding.

With 24 hours long past, could I get a final ruling please?

@Kwatchi:
The Chumpy has been found in ill shape, with rotten plans and only brought in 30 dbs, while the Toby was almost unharmed and brought in 150 dbs.

@Jacob Nion:

The Applevilla was found to have sprung a leak during the fight and sold as scrap for 20 dbs.

Funds will be transferred shortly.

Sir,

This month I wish to also condemn the unmocced vessel 'Mac Quinnes (4A)' as a prize. This came into my possession during the recently completed February MRCA.

@Bregir

UPDATE: sold to Legostone for 240 Db

Edited by Kwatchi

I wish to sell my recently acquired 3A, the Traders Doom, unMOCed. Please let the 24 hours begin.

Bids from 105 DBs upwards can be discussed.

Edited by Elostirion

Hi

I'm jumping ahead to solve a potential headache.

1) During the January MRCA, Gulagurag and I caught a Mardieran 4A by the name of Puck's Jest.  He took possession of the licensed but unMOC'ed prize and did a little write-up here. It has been dry-docked ever since.

2) Tonight, Gulag licensed a new 5HA as the second part of the story and named it Puck's Jest. I like the ship as it is some of his best work to date, and the all the more impressive when you see what little he has to work with.

So with him now owning two warships ships of the same name, there will be a future book-keeping problem.  And since I already do most of his BoBS book-keeping for him already for reasons like this...

I request that the Mardieran Class 4A Sloop Puck's Jest (1.0) owned by Captain Amara (Gulagurag) be condemned by the court with the following stipulations:

1- Gulagurag receives the funds generated minus a penalty of 1 Db for making his brother fix his paperwork for him again.  That 1 Db is to be given to the Victims of Benjamin Morgan Fund.

2- No player make any private offer for this vessel so that it may sink quietly into BoBS accounting infamy.

3- Prior to being disposed of, the ship be renamed "Gulag's Mess" in his honour.

@Gulagurag

Dear Sirs,

The following prizes has been condemned:

• The Traders Doom, 3A. Rot found in her keel and planking, making her unfit for further duty. Therefore sold for firewood for 75 db. (@Elostirion)
  • Gulag's Mess, formerly Puck's Jest (1.0), was found to be in excellent condition and sold to a Mokolei... gentleman for 225 db. The Victims of Benjamin Morgan Fund has spent the one db on drinks, being utterly unable to cover even a fraction of the damages afflicted by the infamous Sea Rat. ( @Kwatchi)

Transfers will be conducted shortly.

The Prize Courts.

Just one question:

I still have the permission to upgrade my flagship by mocing a fitting scene. If I make a proper speedbuild and post it within the next two hours, would the court be able to make its decision before the deadline for the mrca?

11 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

Just one question:

Just one answer.

I would say no. First, we wouldn't be able to ensure proper treatment of your request, and second, we do not want to encourage rushed builds.

Just now, Bregir said:

Just one answer.

I would say no. First, we wouldn't be able to ensure proper treatment of your request, and second, we do not want to encourage rushed builds.

Although I hope you know that I would never post a build that not accomplishes my own quality standards, I understand and accept that a cetain number of court members have to examine the case and that this takes a certain time. I thank you nonetheless for the quick answer.

Just now, Jacob Nion said:

Although I hope you know that I would never post a build that not accomplishes my own quality standards

I would never have expected you to do so! Merely stating that we must treat everyone equal, and therefore must consider what behaviour our practices could concievably encourage. :pir-blush:

4 minutes ago, Bregir said:

But you cannot use an existing license for a ship bought here, I would say. Don't see how that would pan out IC, at least.

What if we say that player A caught a prize and sends it to player B's shipyards to be refitted, so that in fact player B depicts the ship as it will be licensed.

1 minute ago, Jacob Nion said:

What if we say that player A caught a prize and sends it to player B's shipyards to be refitted, so that in fact player B depicts the ship as it will be licensed.

Makes sense :)

1 minute ago, Jacob Nion said:

It might just be me being an over-zealous nitpicker, but this ship was presented as a ship for sale, so I am personally against redacting history to make it a refitted ship.

This may well seem a mere technicality, and probably it is, but personally, I think we should adapt to what happens, rather than adapt what has happened to what we would like... :hmpf_bad:

Just now, Bregir said:

It might just be me being an over-zealous nitpicker, but this ship was presented as a ship for sale, so I am personally against redacting history to make it a refitted ship.

This may well seem a mere technicality, and probably it is, but personally, I think we should adapt to what happens, rather than adapt what has happened to what we would like... :hmpf_bad:

I agree, I was in fact thinking of a case where player A specifically orders this ship from player B.

14 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Why couldn't a person crush a captured/bought ship he didn't want for timber and then use the papers for a totally new ship bought from someone else's dockyards?

Just now, Kai NRG said:

Why couldn't a person crush a captured/bought ship he didn't want for timber and then use the papers for a totally new ship bought from someone else's dockyards?

For that to happen, one should use the prize court to transform the old ship to money, with which to buy a new. To me, the license cost represents not the paperwork (literally: License) but the construction costs, i.e. there is no distinction between a ship and its license. A ship *is* its license, so to speak. I also believe that is how the Naval Licensing courts have ruled in the past.