I made this Scarab SRV (Surface Recon Vehicle) from the video game Elite Dangerous: Horizons.

It is built to Minifigure scale, and contains over 450 bricks. I hope you like it. Feedback is very welcome ofcourse.

(Also I added it to ideas.lego too, if you fancy supporting it https://ideas.lego.com/projects/134382)

2354900-o_1ad3divclfqvv7rn5s12n912kfn-full.jpg

Main Features

• Two Commander Minifigures - male and female.
  • Movable side boosters - used for jumping over obstacles and ravines, and for self-righting if the vehicle gets stuck upside down after a tumble.
  • Movable top mounted turret with twin-plasma-repeaters for mining minerals, for self-defence, and for data-link transmission.
  • Headlights (x6), brakelights (x2) and reverse light (x1).
  • Twin wavescanner probes at the front of the cockpit, for locating interesting objects.
  • Two salvaged cargo cannisters - the generic blue/grey type. They often just contain tea, but hopefully these ones are full of gold!
  • A spooky black "Unknown Artifact" - no-one knows why these mysterious alien objects started appearing near the "Merope" star system, or why they emit such creepy sounds ...

So what is a Scarab SRV?

It is a one-person buggy, designed for exploring remote rocky and icy worlds in high or low gravity. It can easily achieve speeds of over 85mph on flat terrain, and is great for doing skids, donuts and low-gravity-somersaults. It can carry two standard cargo units, and can scoop up minerals and resources from planet surfaces. In the game it looks like this, and features in this game trailer.

2354903-o_1ad3divcl1m161k9jb8cs121gplo-full.jpg

2354909-o_1ad3divclm5211eg10h71l6or7mq-full.jpg

2354912-o_1ad3divcl1bih9s14f15gm1rolr-full.jpg

2354921-o_1ad3divcl1tjjdv31rgjbm9l8su-full.jpg

2354924-o_1ad3divcl1e7ng3tned10aq8c1v-full.jpg

2354927-o_1ad3divcllj6l6e1dsmk691ne110-full.jpg

Thanks.

Yeah, If you look at how it is in game, you can see that the wheels have a blue thruster on each one. I tried a lot of different ways to recreate that, but it just felt tidier and looked better to pretent the thrusters dont exist! :classic:

Wowzers! I'm not familiar with the source material, but this rover looks great nonetheless! The wheels and their struts are top-notch, definitely my favorite part of this creation.

Never played the game but I like your rendition! I know what you mean about the thrusters...not any obvious LEGO equivalents at this scale.

Keep it up!

I made some improvements to the design, which I am pleased about.

The cockpit is quite a bit stronger now, which enabled me to make it openable, and makes it easier to get the minifigures in and out ...

2385081-o_1aemucfuc116b1t2i1a0m1kcl1aidi-thumbnail.jpg2385078-o_1aemucfuc1mjd1np01art11407n4h-thumbnail.jpg

Also two cargo units can be attached underneath the vehicle too ...

2385093-o_1aemucfudsrt1rfm15knpqufhem-thumbnail.jpg2385090-o_1aemucfud731e0b3i91dcu1tlql-thumbnail.jpg

Check the Lego ideas update page for more info and photos: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/134382/updates

Thanks. :classic:

Nice model indeed but actually i would like to ask something a bit different: can you tell me exact model of the camera used? :classic: I like the fact it can manually focus (or I guess so from what I see) and I would like to own one myself (if the price is good, you know)... :grin:

can you tell me exact model of the camera used?

My friend kindly did the photography for me. I will find out exactly what camera he used. It was nicely lit too which really helps.

It is a Canon 600D with a 50mm Prime lens. :classic:

Thank you for the info :thumbup: