markus1984

[MOC] Episode V - Hoth Echo Base

Hey guys,

Now i finished my next MOC " Episode V - Echo Base".

I love Hoth so much an after some years i must build a scene from the movie so good i can.

X-Wing and snowspeer are from Lary Lars and Slaki.

But now the photos

25609543721_9a7dcdc1ec_b.jpg

25075524273_73899e8005_b.jpg

25583543462_9d76ecf6de_c.jpg

watch all detail pics on my flickr stream https://www.flickr.com/photos/71475401@N07/albums,

markus

Amazing diorama! Perfect work as usual! I love the lights, great use of the scaffolding pieces! You have really captured the curved pillars of the base! One of the best dioramas I have recently seen on the site, apart from your Sullust base. I like the vented slope pieces used for the ground, great idea. Sick MOC,

Ellis! :laugh:

Incredible detail, you really payed attention to your source material. Everything is so smooth and cut clean, giving it that cleaved look when carving ice. My favorite part between all the custom ships are the lights in the ceiling, I don't know why, I just like that small amount of ceiling showing there. Also, the amount of 2x2x3 white slopes is startling to the wallet. unless you already had those on hand from previous MOCs

I love the few places where there are angular indentations/imperfections in the ice. Using all 3-brick-high slopes would have looked a little too perfect.

Markus ...again....kicking as..s...

Perfect diorama, it looks star wars, it feels star wars. Nothing is over the top, proportions are perfect, details are perfect.

It's perfect. :wub: I love the subtle details scattered throughout the scene, like the nicks and dents in the ice and the wires snaking across the floor. It captures the atmosphere of Episode V perfectly. Fantastic diorama. :thumbup:

out of interest why did you choose this snowspeeder design? the front end and rear are great but the wing angles are far too steep tbh i prefer the TLG ones

They way you built the angled snow for the hangars is almost perfect. I don't know how to really put my feelings - It more than just looks right, it /feels/ right. Spectacular work all around!

This is epic! I absolutely love it! Great job! Upside down walls do great job here, very nice idea!

Woah ,I REALLY love it!

You've done an amazing work, thanks for sharing!

I wished LEGOs 75098 would have been "a little little bit" like this...

What I like on all your dioramas Markus is the original composition. You always manage to come up with different layout, something that hasn't been used before.

The only aspect I would change on this moc is the very top of the 'hangar' section. It really looks like some highway being this flat and uniform. I'd prefer some more textured surface od perhaps even wavy profile to picture the snow surface above the base...?

so many great feedback – can´t belive it!

THANKS VERY MUCH!

After the fun with building the MOC it`s also great when you like it so much!

@Lobot

Thanks for blogging the MOC!

@jhaelego

Hahah, it`s only the shadow from the lamps – but when I was finish with the photos I saw it and think it looks perfect

@PLP

Why not?

I think this are the best Lego Snowspeeder MOC I have see the last years!

And the scale is perfect!

@krisandkris12

Yes, that’s right but the problem was that its not so easy to make textures with revers 2x3 Slopes

So thanks again for your words!

markus

Edited by markus1984