CM4Sci

IDEAS 21308 Adventure Time Figures Discussion

Not sure about this - love the idea of adventure time but not so hot on the brick built figures.

May buy to support it

I feel like characters are missing from here that should have been included. I would not have minded paying more if they included 2 to 3 more characters like LSP the linch or tree trunks

I think i like the design of the original idea better. Well on some of them. The new design is somewhat too slick or funny.

Luckily we have the dimension sets!

Love this set! Insta-buy! :wub:

I particularly adore the use of those super-duper rare black hot dog pieces for BMO's arms. Now if Lego would just stop being so damn lazy and make those Mixels ball joint pieces in colors other than grey, we'd have a lot nicer looking figures. :hmpf:

I'd like to see those joint pieces in new colors as well, but there could be any number of reasons why they haven't been produced yet. So why is "lazy" always the go-to explanation? Is it because AFOLs are too lazy to come up with a better argument?

I'd like to see those joint pieces in new colors as well, but there could be any number of reasons why they haven't been produced yet. So why is "lazy" always the go-to explanation? Is it because AFOLs are too lazy to come up with a better argument?

How much does it cost to make joints in different colors? :shrug_oh_well:

It looks okay, but I certainly won't be buying it. I love the show, but this set's too expensive for something that won't fit into my collection at all.

It looked good at first glance, but then I just understood, that it's just a set of details and printed faces. Totally not worth 50$, I can just bl all the necessary details and make custom faces.

Edited by Ookami

I think it looks great! While the LEGO Dimensions minifigures are fantastic as well, I do think the brick-built approach serves these characters and this franchise well.

I get the complaints about the grey Mixel joints, but I was under the impression they intentionally produce those joints only in grey, for some particular reason (along the lines of how certain Technic elements are produced only in specific colors).

Cheap, then?

Looks decent

There Jake the Dog looks a lot better

It's a shame they didn't include the Lumpy Space Princess, with all those lavender pieces.

This could be like the Mixels, I might get it just por pieces, and not for the set as a whole

Here are both, the project and the set:

1776915-o_19d01afui6jdqvm1jlm1lmj1e1n7-full.jpg

https://dp1eoqdp1qht7.cloudfront.net/community/blogs/1/2555771-o_1anhketindbe8df981n6dkgur.jpg

Edited by Rick
Oversized image removed.

Does anyone think they'll include another print for the faces? Either a separate piece or on the backside?

That set blows....Ideas sets get worse and worse. Used to be a genuine moment of excitement when one was revealed.

I'm sure the Caterham and Beatles Submarine will look great. :wink:

In regards to the release date, it may be timed to match up with when new episodes of the cartoon are going to be aired...

In regards to the release date, it may be timed to match up with when new episodes of the cartoon are going to be aired...

It comes out January 1

I don't like what LEGO did for Jake's arms.I wish they were more posable like everybody elses arms (besides Gunter and BMO).

Other than that it is a good set, and can't wait to get it.

I feel like characters are missing from here that should have been included. I would not have minded paying more if they included 2 to 3 more characters like LSP the linch or tree trunks

I feel like I probably agree with this, but...

I think i like the design of the original idea better. Well on some of them. The new design is somewhat too slick or funny.

Luckily we have the dimension sets!

When it was approved, it was the first confirmation for the IP, and I was stoked, since I'm a huge fan. And I thought the original submission looked great! I especially loved the builds of Flame Princess, the Lich, and the inclusion of the snail, who was one of my favorite easter eggs. And now, lo and behold, all three of those are missing. And I'm not sold on some of the changes that have been made, though I am a fan of others. And with the Dimensions sets having been revealed before this, I already know I'm getting some solid AT minifigures, which is always my preferred form for most normally-scaled characters.

However, I am considering getting it for some of the cool parts. Like most, I was praying for joints of a different color, but I'm not surprised, or really even disappointed, since it seemed such a long shot.

All that said, Lady Rainicorn looks amazing, and may even stay built, even if I do get it mainly for parts.

Cheap, then?

Ba dum bum! :laugh:

Just looked up some pictures of it. It's likely we could get some interesting parts from this.

Found a couple custom things that look way better than the set Lego approved:

Custom Minifigures

Rejected Adventure Time Project

I wonder why this got approved but not the above project except for the Minfiigures which maybe they didn't want that many new molds?

Off-topic and irrelevant, my apologies, but HOLY GUACAMOLE, those custom minifigures are incredible. Does anyone have a link with more info about those, anything other than just the picture? I would really, really like to know more.

Edited by rob-ot5000