CM4Sci

IDEAS 21308 Adventure Time Figures Discussion

Yeah but LEGO Ideas sets don't introduce new parts.

Both of them were impossible to make

I've only seen a few episodes of the show, but liked enough that I was really considering this Ideas set. Now I'm kinda thinking I'll just get the Dimensions items and try to MOC the rest of the stuff. There's just not enough here in the Ideas version to warrant the cost.

Off-topic and irrelevant, my apologies, but HOLY GUACAMOLE, those custom minifigures are incredible. Does anyone have a link with more info about those, anything other than just the picture? I would really, really like to know more.

http://www.geek-art.net/volatile-vertex-adventure-time-batman/

Customs are not customs but 3D concept from Volatile Vertex

But in my opinion, Ideas one is wonderful

This is where I wished Lego HAD messed more with someone's Idea project (even if they visibly did). I find it weird that the brick-built Dimension's BMO looks much better than the one in there.

I love Adventure Time, but I'm not sold on this one (again, except Dimension's BMO), and the Dimension Finn & Jake look weird as well.

This said, it's all 3D, let's wait for reviews.

I particularly adore the use of those super-duper rare black hot dog pieces for BMO's arms.

Even there I'm disappointed, on Dimension's one they seem to be in DBG (or maybe sand blue), that's as rare as they could be.

Edited by anothergol

Just my personal opinion, but this looks pretty ridiculous.

Be it design-wise, price-wise, colour-combination-wise, I can't find any positives in this set. And that's a first for me.

But, apparently, a lot of people like this one, so LEGO must be doing something right.

Can't win them all. I've been spoiled to bits already by LEGO this year, so I'm not complaining. :classic:

Just my personal opinion, but this looks pretty ridiculous.

Be it design-wise, price-wise, colour-combination-wise, I can't find any positives in this set. And that's a first for me.

But, apparently, a lot of people like this one, so LEGO must be doing something right.

Can't win them all. I've been spoiled to bits already by LEGO this year, so I'm not complaining. :classic:

I completely agree. I see no reason to buy brick built figures especially at that price.

After looking again at the original Ideas project, I now notice that this is missing half of the characters!

I'd call it a let-down, but I never really had interest in brick-built characters anyways. I think this got its 10,000 votes for the license alone.

I'm just noticing what's possibly black 1x1 round tiles on BMO's feet. Pretty rare, only to be found in the Porsche so far I believe.

Ohh my... I cant believe this is a thing!

I once watched the cartoon and found it horrible and really childish, maybe its just my opinion.

The show is remarkably deep and sophisticated, even while being outlandish and goofy. It's not for all tastes, of course, but nothing is.

I think the brick-built approach serves these characters well. Honestly, most of them look more accurate this way than they would as minifigures, though the minifigures we've seen from the LEGO Dimensions packs do look good.

I'm not a big fan of build able figures, but the Ice King and Lady Rainicorn look fantastic. If they make the Ice King into a minifigure for LEGO Dimensions he would go well with the upcoming Ice Queen in CMF S16.

If they make the Ice King into a minifigure for LEGO Dimensions he would go well with the upcoming Ice Queen in CMF S16.

He'd finally have a girlfriend he didn't have to kidnap.

Probably not every single one, but certainly the most prominent, important characters, along others who are particularly noteworthy, fan-favorite, and/or especially visually distinctive (though of course that last part describes most characters from the show). Obviously Jake and Finn will be the two biggies, and I think we can also count on Princess Bubblegum, Lady Rainicorn, Ice King, Gunter, and Marceline.

Ooh, I called almost every one we now know about the set having, and every one I did call made it in! Do I win a prize?

I'm betting you its gonna be the same one used for the eyes of Jake.

yep, except printed

but the 1x1 black round tile is now available at B&P!

Being one of my favorite animated series, I was thrilled to see this ideas set get the go ahead. I'm glad it also opened the door for fans to get minifigures of certain characters through dimensions. Unfortunately, with the tv series ending in 2018, unless there's a much-hyped, feature-length film hitting theaters sometime around then that Lego can capitalize on, I can't see this license becoming a regular theme with sets containing minifigs and the like. 

But glob knows I'd buy any Lego Adventure Times sets that get produced. Such a wonderful show with so many lovable and colorful characters.

On 7/17/2016 at 1:20 AM, anothergol said:

yep, except printed

but the 1x1 black round tile is now available at B&P!

Bummer CM4Sci is gone, but it's nice he was wrong about BMO's feet. The brick show video confirms they aren't printed like the eye pieces. But as pointed out, that nice piece made its way to b&p anyway.

2 years later, I get this set on sale (at the price it should have started with IMHO), because I love Adventure Time & I had to get it, and also thinking that I'd appreciate it better in hand.

Well, no..

Even the build is as basic as it gets, as bottom-up, studs-on-top as a Lego set could ever be. Like your little sister designed it.

I just couldn't find the same charm in these as I find in Brickheadz. Perhaps the Ice King is ok enough (but honestly Adventure Time characters are so iconic that just the right basic shapes & colors are enough to make them very recognizable), but..

It looks like people voted this because as a way to tell Lego they desperately wanted Adventure Time stuff, to which Lego replied "joke's on you, we are really producing this".
Lego could have totally redesigned it. The difference between the BMO in this set & the one in the Dimensions set is striking.

Edited by anothergol

I really hope LEGO makes more Adventure Time sets one day, even though the show is set to end this Labor Day on September 3rd.

34 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

I really hope LEGO makes more Adventure Time sets one day, even though the show is set to end this Labor Day on September 3rd.

This set sold poorly (in the U.K. right now it’s been half price for weeks and is the only set in the sale section to not sell out) so I doubt they will. 

12 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

This set sold poorly (in the U.K. right now it’s been half price for weeks and is the only set in the sale section to not sell out) so I doubt they will. 

Well, maybe LEGO might as well give us Adventure Time BrickHeadz someday.