soccerkid6

AoM: Gatehouse Phase 2: Nordheim's Southern Gate

Here's my build for the second Gatehouse phase. I used a similar ground texture to what I did in my previous build, “Start of a Journey,” and tried a different stone wall design for the gatehouse.

The warrior returns to Nordheim’s welcoming gate after a long journey through the clan lands of Mitgardia.

Low-1.jpg

Left-1.jpg

Corner-1.jpg

All.jpg

More pictures are available on my website: link

Thanks for looking!

Edited by soccerkid6

Fantastic build! :wub: The stonework, inset arrow slits, vine, and roof technique are all superb :thumbup:

Very nice rockwork as well :classic:

I really like the sort of chibi look you have here, with the thick squat towers. The wood section is great as well, I should keep that roof technique in mind as I have quite a few of those tan slopes! I'm actually surprised by how well the 2x2 light grey tiles work as texture; will have to remember that for next time I build a tower!

Altough Derfel Cadarn's builds were what made me join GoH, it are Soccerkid6's one that made me stay

Quotename: TitusV

:wub:

Fantastic work :wub: . I love the stonework and the use of the exo force arms on the roof

Really fantastic build SK! I love that even with a smaller footprint you conveyed a sense of majesty and great size to the gatehouse. I also enjoy that with the texture to the walls is not cluttered or busy looking, but instead still looks like brickwork!

You're putting out one awesome castle after the other at the moment. And I admire your keeps and fortifications. They're both wonderful to look at and invite to play with. Exactly what I would have loved to play with as a child.

This gatehouse could have easily counted as phase III imho. Cannot imagine what you have in mind as next step.

And I want to say that I really love your woodwork. Not only does it look very realistic and clearly medieval, you've integrated some nice detailing to give it that northern Skandinavian touch that I find essential for Mitgardia.

I always feel this desire to build a good old solid keep when you come up with new stuff. But I still have to increase my collection a bit :/

Nice build! And good coherent feel with your previous entry. The rockwork looks very good :classic:

Edited by Full Plate

Fantastic build! :wub: The stonework, inset arrow slits, vine, and roof technique are all superb :thumbup:

Very nice rockwork as well :classic:

Thanks John!

Great gatehouse !!! Nice stonework and i love the rooftechnique. :wub:

Thanks, this was my first time using that roof technique to simulate a thatched roof :classic:

I really like the sort of chibi look you have here, with the thick squat towers. The wood section is great as well, I should keep that roof technique in mind as I have quite a few of those tan slopes! I'm actually surprised by how well the 2x2 light grey tiles work as texture; will have to remember that for next time I build a tower!

Thanks Kai, it does look rather chibi :laugh:

:wub:

Well thanks Titus :blush: I'm sure all the other amazing builders in GoH helped influence your decision to stay too, though.

Amazing work! Love the rocks! :wub:

Thanks!

What can I say? It is excellent, just great!

Thanks Captain :sweet:

Fantastic work :wub: . I love the stonework and the use of the exo force arms on the roof

Thanks Balbo, those exo force arms are one of my favorite pieces to use as wooden decorations.

This is amazing!

Thanks!

Sweet moc! Love all of the techniques used!

Thank you :classic:

Very nice as always.

Thanks Blufiji :classic:

I really like the architecture and rocks! Well done!

Thanks Graham :classic:

Really fantastic build SK! I love that even with a smaller footprint you conveyed a sense of majesty and great size to the gatehouse. I also enjoy that with the texture to the walls is not cluttered or busy looking, but instead still looks like brickwork!

Thank you, Kayne. Funny, I hadn't noticed how big it does look, until you mentioned that :laugh:

The ground really stands out for me, it looks amazingly realistic and dirty. Truly inspiring!

Thanks! I'm definitely not the first to use this ground technique, I have grown quite fond of it though :classic:

Really sweet build SK. I really like the walls. :wub:

Thanks Gunman!

I love how compact, yet imposing it appears!

Thanks LV :classic:

You're putting out one awesome castle after the other at the moment. And I admire your keeps and fortifications. They're both wonderful to look at and invite to play with. Exactly what I would have loved to play with as a child.

This gatehouse could have easily counted as phase III imho. Cannot imagine what you have in mind as next step.

And I want to say that I really love your woodwork. Not only does it look very realistic and clearly medieval, you've integrated some nice detailing to give it that northern Skandinavian touch that I find essential for Mitgardia.

I always feel this desire to build a good old solid keep when you come up with new stuff. But I still have to increase my collection a bit :/

Thanks Jacob :sweet: I'd love to see your take on a good solid keep sometime :thumbup: And while I do like this a lot, I think my phase III gatehouse is even more impressive.

Nice build! And good coherent feel with your previous entry. The rockwork looks very good :classic:

Thanks Full Plate!

Wow. What a wonderful tower. I want to make a copy of it in Lego - and I also want to live there, in real life. There are some stunningly beautiful builds in Mitgardia. One day I'll pay a proper visit. Do you guys ever display this stuff together?

Nice gate! I love that wooden section :classic:

Thanks Gideon, I tried to make the wooden section a bit different than most I've done before :classic:

All the positive stuff the others said! :classic:

Thanks!

The tower with the wood is magnificent ...the whole gate with stones is gorgeous and the windows with crosses are superb! :wub:

Thank you :sweet:

Superb build. Cant add anything else to what others already said. :)

Thanks!

Wow. What a wonderful tower. I want to make a copy of it in Lego - and I also want to live there, in real life. There are some stunningly beautiful builds in Mitgardia. One day I'll pay a proper visit. Do you guys ever display this stuff together?

Thank you, at larger conventions there are sometimes multiple people displaying GoH builds, but the wide variety of locations makes it difficult to get many builds displayed at once.