garethjellis

3 way switch

I am very surprised at how well that ballast worked out (even if there is a piece missing in the top left!). Well done!

garethjellis,

I am sensing a strong need for the god hand here. But brilliantly designed none the less. With the ballasting it almost hides its multi-faceted capabilities as if to detract fro its intended purpose while hiding in the guise of yet another run of rail and ties. I wonder how prevalent such configurations are in real life application. It seems to me that it would be one of those evils to avoid if at all possible yet learn to live with if no other choice was available. (Cost, room constraints, etc.)

Now lets hope that that is not the junction switch where the mainline diverges into three separate directions. I would hate to be the man in charge of that switch. An untimely sneeze, a momentary memory lapse and the president and his entourage are long on their way to New Orleans... and not Chicago.

3D LEGO

What happens when you throw both levers :)

Bad things - but since it's the only choice out of four different positions for the switches that doesn't work, I imagine that avoiding that particular setting would become second nature quickly.