Nice to hear again from you , I hope the leg will heal fast :classic:. The photos are good quality though, not something to worry about, all the details can be clearly seen. 

6 hours ago, LXF said:

Nice to hear again from you , I hope the leg will heal fast :classic:. The photos are good quality though, not something to worry about, all the details can be clearly seen. 

Thank you. It'll be several weeks but won't stop me building.

As for the photos, thank you for your kind words. I'd like to able take great pictures like those we see from Jim and others on these pages but I don't have the equipment/setup and with no clue how to use it if I did have my mobile will have to do.

Hi buddy,

Great that you are back and you have no luck at all with your health. I hope your leg is healing quick.

Good to see that you building this enormes project. Keep going the great work my friend.:thumbup:

Regards Edwin.

Hi Clive,

Really sorry for your leg. Hope you'll be back to health very soon.

This said, yours progress in this build is very impressive.

In comparison to the Claas I mean. Now you will have to face one more difficulty. The upper assembly is very high once build on your table...

Anyway, if I had the 1/2 of your perseverance when building.....

Good build man!

Edited by steph77

How it would steer if both side wheels are connected to same motor and rotates dependently?

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

How it would steer if both side wheels are connected to same motor and rotates dependently?

This set cannot steer... it has only 1 motor, so drive forwards and backwards is all that is possible... Not very realistic, but this is how LEGO designed it, probably due to already high weight and friction in this set

8 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Hi buddy,

Great that you are back and you have no luck at all with your health. I hope your leg is healing quick.

Good to see that you building this enormes project. Keep going the great work my friend.:thumbup:

Regards Edwin.

Thank you Edwin. Thankfully it's just a broken leg so is a temporary condition and doesn't stop me building.

8 hours ago, steph77 said:

Hi Clive,

Really sorry for your leg. Hope you'll be back to health very soon.

This said, yours progress in this build is very impressive.

In comparison to the Claas I mean. Now you will have to face one more difficulty. The upper assembly is very high once build on your table...

Anyway, if I had the 1/2 of your perseverance when building.....

Good build man!

Thank you for your kind words.

The upper assemblies do look high but I'm hoping my new wheelchair will help me as I can raise the seat level by 12in (30cm) :classic:

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Build well soon! :laugh: I hope you get better.

:laugh:. Thank you.

Build Day 6 - Days build time 5hrs 15mins / Total build time 26hrs 40mins

With nothing on the calendar for today it was out to the shed for a few hours building.

I was hoping to get the rest of this assembly completed and fitted onto the carrier today but it wasn't to be due mainly to much of the building being fiddly and time consuming rather than difficult, the pulley wheels and worm gear shown in pics 1 & 3 being particularly so. A lot of time was taken up getting these in place. 

As this build progresses I can't help but admire the work that must have gone into designing this monster. Most of today's building seems to have been taken up adding part after part locking the assembly together. This is proving to be one very solid build but I guess it has to be when you think what it has to carry.

Today's pictures.

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

Seems like nothing can stop you, can it? Good progress again, you're flying through this build! Looking at the pics I see lots of tricky connections.

And good luck with your leg, hope it gets better soon and without much troubles.

12 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Seems like nothing can stop you, can it? Good progress again, you're flying through this build! Looking at the pics I see lots of tricky connections.

And good luck with your leg, hope it gets better soon and without much troubles.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Patience and stubborness saw me through my previous builds and the same will be true for this one. I just think it's going to take less of the former and great deal more of the latter :wink:

Edited by grum64
Spelling. Grammer. Changed text.

2 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Awesome progress. This looks like a really fun build.

Thank you. It certainly is a (big) fun build.

I just went back and reviewed your progress on the BWE, very interesting! Your builds show more of the build, broken down into stages than any other. This is truly a great service you offer by presenting all your build photos and comments,  believe this is one of the many reasons people follow your builds.

Just great, keep it up!

Andy Ad

1 hour ago, Andy D said:

I just went back and reviewed your progress on the BWE, very interesting! Your builds show more of the build, broken down into stages than any other. This is truly a great service you offer by presenting all your build photos and comments,  believe this is one of the many reasons people follow your builds.

Just great, keep it up!

Andy Ad

Thank you Andy, that's very kind of you.

I've not taken as many photos with this build as I've done with others as it's getting increasingly difficult to hold the phone, start the 2sec timer and hold it still. For each photo of an assembly I post I discard 6-10 and with it taking a minute or two to take each one it eats into valuable building time.

I take the in-build photos mainly to post on these pages but also to give me a record of each build to look back on so yes, it's something I'll keep doing while I can and while my EB friends want to see them.

As for my comments. I'm not as articulate or technically knowledgeable as others hence the lack of any really informative comment so I just write about any difficulties I come up against & whatever else comes into my head and hope for the best :wink:

Edited by grum64
Spelling

5 hours ago, grum64 said:

Thank you Andy, that's very kind of you.

I've not taken as many photos with this build as I've done with others as it's getting increasingly difficult to hold the phone, start the 2sec timer and hold it still. For each photo of an assembly I post I discard 6-10 and with it taking a minute or two to take each one it eats into valuable building time.

I take the in-build photos mainly to post on these pages but also to give me a record of each build to look back on so yes, it's something I'll keep doing while I can and while my EB friends want to see them.

As for my comments. I'm not as articulate or technically knowledgeable as others hence the lack of any really informative comment so I just write about any difficulties I come up against & whatever else comes into my head and hope for the best :wink:

You are too modest! Your words are as valuable as any others. This is why many of us follow your builds!

Thanks again,

Andy D

23 minutes ago, Andy D said:

You are too modest! Your words are as valuable as any others. This is why many of us follow your builds!

Thanks again,

Andy D

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Hello my Freinds

Unfortunately due to complications with my broken leg I'm confined to bed/hospital for the forseeable future so building the 42055 has to be put on hold :angry:

Obviously I'm gutted I will be back building but I don't know when, all I can say is it's likely to be at least 6-8 weeks :cry3:..

I'd just like to say big thank you to those of you who've sent messages etc., enquiring of my whereabouts/well being and for your very kind words.

Edited by grum64
Text Correction.

Hi Clive, sorry to hear your bad news, rest up take it easy and you'll be back building before you know it :classic:

On 01/08/2017 at 10:36 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

That is tough. I hope your leg heals fast.

On 02/08/2017 at 0:02 AM, suffocation said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery, mate. Looking forward to good news from you and to more epic building chronicles.

18 hours ago, LucyCol said:

Hi Clive, sorry to hear your bad news, rest up take it easy and you'll be back building before you know it :classic:

17 hours ago, kolbjha said:

Hoping you're soon back in business again!

4 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Get well soon Clive, you can memorize the instructions in 6-8 weeks if you are looking for things to do. 

Thank you all for your kind comments which are very much appreciated.

I'm not going away completely, I'll still be active on these pages and hope to be back building as soon as possible.

I said a long time ago and still maintain that Eurobricks is the friendliest place on the 'net so again, thank you my friends.