On 8/31/2016 at 11:30 AM, syclone said:

Oh , I see 8675! I have one , but the accu was playable only for 10 min, bought a racing 2000 mah one, now faster and longer racing :sweet:

Dear sysclone,

I have 8675 as well. Replaced the bateries with 2400 mah NiMh. İt's quite better compare to original 1200 mah NiMh Bateries but still it drains very quickly. So my plan is to replace them with 2cell lipo 20c 1200+ MAH. My question is since mah only effects the capacity of batery how did you manage to get higher speeds with 2000 mah?

BR

Afols_ananymous_

Hello my Friends

It's been a long time since my last post. In the time I’ve been away from these pages I’ve only really built two models worthy of posting, the community modded Pimped Chiron v1.5 and Racing Bricks RC 42069. Both are brilliant, brilliant models and were great building experiences.

To be honest I wasn’t going to post them as I've really struggled to come up with something thing to write to accompany my previous few posts let alone these links. A sort of writers block. I was convinced to post the links anyway by Mrs Grum and good Friend and well respected member of EB who I think it best remains nameless. After all, who wants the burden of being known as the person who bought my ramblings back to these pages :wink:.

Anyway, below are the links to the pictures. I'm very sorry the Chiron pictures start where they do. Initially I wasn’t going to take in build pics but was persuaded to do so by Mrs Grum.

Pimped Chiron v1.5

RC Extreme Adventure

Edited by grum64

As I’ve said, I’ve been finding it increasingly difficult to write descriptive text which is why having a break seamed a good idea but nothing really changed.

Today I thought if I went going through messages and emails written during the builds I could cut & paste bits of text into some sort of order and add bits here and there to tie everything up I might have something to go with the builds. I’ll leave it to you to decide if it was a good idea or not.

These were both really enjoyable builds. Those who contributed to the Pimped Chiron took it to a whole new level. All involved did a great job. If you’ve got the Chiron and haven’t built this Pimped version I thoroughly recommend you do. It’s so much better than the standard set. Also, the instructions were excellent. The build went really well with no real problems to speak of which might be why I finished it in around 40hrs.

I found Racing Brick’s RC Extreme Adventure to be one of the best builds I’ve done. It’s a pretty big model but it’s beyond me how so much was fitted inside it. And it’s a strong build. I’ve turned this thing upside down more times than I can remember and not very gently, I might add, and nothing’s come adrift.

I can’t say it was a problem free build but the problems I had were of my own making.

Because of reasons I’ll not go into I decided not to fit the lights so I could get the build finished quicker. Thankfully the reason for the speedy build went away so I had time to fit the lights after all but by that time the axles were fitted making routing the cables through the chassis something of a problem. As you know they have a will of their own at the best of times which is why it took over two days to get them done. Then there was the connectors and how to hide them. Eventually I found what I think is a pretty reasonable solution but like my routing of the cables, it’s less than elegant but it does the job.

After that it was time to turn it on and test. It soon became apparent that all was not as it should be. Turning on the lights raised the roof, operating the winch sent the rear right track into reverse, when trying the steering the servo came to life but the front tracks remained where they were and although the M motor that runs the ‘engine’ whirred away the pistons didn’t budge.

A furkle about within the BuWizz app setup had the first two problems sorted but all was fine for the steering and 'engine'. All I could think of was when I was tugging the cables through the chassis I dislodged something.

Sure enough once on it's roof I could see the problems. The axle from the 'engine's' M Motor had come out, not much but just enough for the gear the axle carried to disengage from it's counterpart. Once pushed back in place the gears then meshed and the 'engine' ran as it should.

And the steering. The UV joint just behind the front axle, connected to the axles coming from the servo, was flailing about minus it's axle. Thankfully it was a quick fix.

With 7 motors crammed inside this is a heavy beast but with 2 of the absolutely superb BuWizz units powering it it seems pretty quick. When I tried on Normal it fair scampered across my table like an excited puppy. I’m looking forward to getting it out in the garden to see what it can do.

Keep safe everyone.

Edited by grum64
Spelling

10 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Hell yes.. good to see you building Clive. 

Thank you my Friend

RC extreme adventure is really impressive good old friend.

I'm pleased to see you're back :classic:

Welcome back Grum, nice work on both projects. There was a recent discussion around here that resulted in a call for more WIP topics, your posts are an example of why WIP topics work. I look forward to seeing what's next. 

23 hours ago, I_Igor said:

RC extreme adventure is really impressive good old friend.

I'm pleased to see you're back :classic:

Thank you Igor, I’m happy to be back. The RC 42069 really is a great design and I have to say was a real joy to build.

Keep safe my Friend.

19 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Welcome back Grum, nice work on both projects. There was a recent discussion around here that resulted in a call for more WIP topics, your posts are an example of why WIP topics work. I look forward to seeing what's next. 

That’s very kind. Thank you Bart.

14 hours ago, grum64 said:

Keep safe my Friend.

We will, since I hope for some free time from next week to continue to work on my telehandler and slowly on one surprise since I always had a problem to design bonnet line that would please me :laugh:

Kind regards my friend 

On 12/8/2020 at 7:07 PM, Zerobricks said:

I'm glad to see you back and building. What do you have next in plan?

Thank you Jerry. It’s been over a year since I last did a WIP post but seems much longer.

As for what’s next. I’m hoping to start building the 42078 Mack Anthem with full RC in the next week or so :sweet:.

Edited by grum64

Just now, grum64 said:

Thank you Jerry. It’s been over a year since I last did a WIP post but seems much longer.

As for what’s next. I’m hoping to start building the 42078 Mack Anthem with full RC in the next week or so :sweet:.

That's an interesting choice. Personally I never owned that set, but it seems like a good starter set with many useful parts and quite easy to motorize.

9 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

That's an interesting choice. Personally I never owned that set, but it seems like a good starter set with many useful parts and quite easy to motorize.

It’ll be for the Project. I chose it as it’s something different to what I’ve shown so far. With full RC (BuWizz powered) it’ll be very playable so it should bring a lot of joy.

Good Evening

I hope you’re all well.

I’ve been looking to get an action camera to film my builds and possibly my building for a while but I'm getting really bamboozled by all the specs, reviews etc.

Amazon have some great deals on at the moment but not knowing what's best for what I want to do and with me not knowing what's good & what's not I'm reluctant to buy.

Having bought a lot of sets lately my budget’s got to be around £120-£150.

Can anyone with experience of action cameras recommend something in my price range?

Thank you.

Keep well. Stay safe.

Edited by grum64

Sorry I can’t offer advice regarding filming as I film anything I need using my iPhone so that’s not much use. I think your idea is definitely intriguing.

I’m not a fan of building Technic personally but I do like the functionality of the final builds and even more so when a LEGO set is pimped or a rc moc is designed by afols.

Hopefully someone else more helpful will be along soon!

My apologies for the late reply.

I’m starting to think using my mobile is the way to go. The more reviews I watch & read the more confudlled I become :ugh:

Hi ! Did anyone got some news from Grum lately ? I used to love reading his building logs and even if writing text logs may have become a tedious task, which I can perfectly understand, I just want to know if everything is OK for him so if anyone has some news, I would be very grateful to hear about him. Thanks and take care.

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Last visited

April 18

That's reassuring, I do hope he's okay. All the best to you Grum if you read this.

My Dear Friends

I hope all’s well with you and your loved ones.

I’ve been away for a while now initially because of the problems I was having writing stuff to go with my WIP posts but then health problems caused by couple of dirty great spanner’s thrown in the proverbial works.

Now, Mrs Grum and I don’t like spanners, of any size, being thrown in our direction, they disrupt our strange version of normality, so we chucked said spanner’s back from whence they came and got on with the Lazarouesque process of recovery.

It’s taken longer than anticipated but I’m pleased to say we’re through the worst and things are going well to the point I can annoy our Daughter in Law almost as much as in better times. OK it has to be by text, video call etc but that doesn’t diminish the enjoyment which just goes to prove that technology is indeed a wonderful thing.

Once I’m firing on all cylinders I hope to be able to resume my WIP’s. The Defender, CAT, Sian, Volvo Hauler, BMW M1000, Zetros and the Heavy Duty Tow Truck all sit waiting to be built to be joined by the SP3 once it comes down to a sensible price. I’d also really like to revisit the 8043. All very good incentives to get beck into my shed.

Thank you very much for your concern but be assured I’m OK and will be back.

Great to hear from you! Welcome “back” :wink: