@grum64 very nice you finished, your bwe.

As the topic of your ramblings.... This is one of the things, that keep me bound to this forum. I'm always in anticipation what you build next or how far you came this time. 

1 hour ago, grum64 said:

Thank you. As for the lack of building space in your work environment. Does your employer have a suggestion box?Afterall, a happy worker is a productive worker :classic:.

I had one of those in the states really only good on the highway. I'm a owner operater at least I have a bit more room than the poor guy in the Scania parked next to me 

2 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I had one of those in the states really only good on the highway. I'm a owner operater at least I have a bit more room than the poor guy in the Scania parked next to me 

You may not have room to build but you do get to travel around one of my favourite countries and one of the world's most beautiful. I'll try not to be envious.

Nope, not working.

EnviousEmoji.jpg

Edited by grum64

4 hours ago, AkiyamaWataru said:

@grum64 very nice you finished, your bwe.

As the topic of your ramblings.... This is one of the things, that keep me bound to this forum. I'm always in anticipation what you build next or how far you came this time. 

That’s very kind. Thank you.

Just now, grum64 said:

That’s very kind. Thank you.

Not kind just unpolitly honest. A few pages ago you had the plan to alternate between studded and studdless set. I just want to help you fight your nemesis ;) I wonder how this plan comes along? 

Yes, you're quite right, I did say that but to be honest it'd completely slipped my mind. My bad.

I've some sorting out to do and a couple of projects to get finished and then (if I remember) I'll do a studded build. It'll be one of these:

8285 Tow Truck
8275 Bulldozer
8466 4x4

I've sold almost all my other studded sets along with several smaller studless sets to help fund the purchase of the Bugatti Chiron and the Rough Terrain Crane.

Edited by grum64

16 hours ago, grum64 said:

8275 Bulldozer

Missed this as I was in my dark ages, still trying to find a reasonably priced one, It gets my vote for your next build.

1 hour ago, LucyCol said:

Missed this as I was in my dark ages, still trying to find a reasonably priced one, It gets my vote for your next build.

The 8275 is one of my very favourite sets. I built it several years ago but with no shed to keep/display my builds in I sold it. Instant regret. Luckily a short while later I saved one from the ignominy of being parted out to Bricklink. It cost me the princely sum of a 8053 and 8295 which to me made it a bargain.

Build Day 1 - Days build time 3hrs / Total build time 3hrs

Firstly, apologies to those expecting to see the 8275, it'll definately be next.

Jake, George & Penny bought me the 42065 for my birthday and during our stay in LEGOLAND a week or so ago they saw one in the shop and wanted to know why I'd not built theirs yet. Feeling guilty (and rightly so) I told them I'd build it when we got home. I needed to build it soon for an upcoming project so I guess now's as good a time as any.

So far the 42065 has been a nice, simple little build. It's repetitive but on a model like this I expect that. I'll build it as per the instructions to see how it goes then I'll chuck in a BuWizz unit to see the difference it makes. If nothing else it might help it keep a little dignity when up against the rampaging Dirt Crushers & Outdoor Challenger that Jake & George want to run it against :classic:

20180606_141832.jpg

20180606_145045.jpg

20180606_145640.jpg

20180606_154625.jpg

20180606_155849.jpg

20180606_164806.jpg

I thought you hated the new track links ? or are you now fully expert at putting them together after all the practice with the BWE?

I always love your commentaries, no matter the set. Cant wait for next big project.

24 minutes ago, Pvdb said:

I thought you hated the new track links ? or are you now fully expert at putting them together after all the practice with the BWE?

You're right. I did go through a stage where I hated the track links but with all the practice from those on the BWE I think we could become freinds.

23 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I always love your commentaries, no matter the set. Cant wait for next big project.

Thank you. The 42065 will just be a quick build and then it's on to the 8275 which I'm very much looking forward to. More links :look:

Edited by grum64
Spelling

I just got this set today in the post.  @grohl would be proud.  Managed to get it misb for $78 off eBay with free shipping. Sure beat the $99 price tag at Xmas. In your case, getting it as a gift, even better :laugh:

16 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

I just got this set today in the post.  @grohl would be proud.  Managed to get it misb for $78 off eBay with free shipping. Sure beat the $99 price tag at Xmas. In your case, getting it as a gift, even better :laugh:

I'd say I'll race you to get it built but...... :sweet:.

Edited by grum64

4 minutes ago, grum64 said:

I'll race you

With my golden streak of procrastination, the tortoise just might beat the hare :grin:

13 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

With my golden streak of procrastination, the tortoise just might beat the hare :grin:

20180606_233733.jpg

21 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Great progress! 

Thank you.

Build Day 2/3 - Days build time 3hrs 55mins / Total build time 6hrs 55 mins

With the Grandchildren waiting patiently and the 8275 in the wings I wanted to get this build finished sooner rather than later which was helped by it only having 370 parts and a complete lack of complexity (no suspension etc). It's an enjoyable little build but not what you'd call fun, no, that's to be had once the building stops and you fire this thing up. 

I skipped building the standard model and went straight to running it with the BuWizz. Credit to Zero Bricks for his idea to fit the unit without needing new parts. In this guise it's fast but was no match for the flying Dirt Crushers & Outdoor Challenger the Children were running it with but I didn't really expect it to be, they're completely different machines. The 42065 does have one thing in common with them though, it's a real hoot to drive.

The Children had huge fun with it. On our wooden floors it slid around like Mr Bean on an ice rink, fitting the tracks with 24375 Rubber Track Studs (not their official description but it makes more sense to me) gave it much better grip. Outdoors, on tarmac, grass, paving slabs, dirt & gravel, it coped admirably with them all. 

For such a simple build it's a fairly sturdy model. During the course of an afternoon it crashed into fences, trees, plant pots, my 'chair(!), various items of furniture and to it's complete surprise, the neighbours sleeping cat! and all the little Racer lost was the 'antenna' (which I forgot to fit before taking pics :cry_sad:).

All in all it's a very nice little set.

Away for a week and then it's on to the 8275.

20180609_141127.jpg

20180609_142543.jpg

20180612_141434.jpg

20180612_204136.jpg

20180612_204219.jpg

1528831420520_20180612_201549.jpg

20180613_163229.jpg

20180615_190356.jpg

20180615_191038.jpg

Very nice build for your Grandchildren and fun for them for play with and even for you a easy build.:thumbup:

I think combo of Buwizz and rubber pads really make this set much more capable and fun. Thanks for the shout out, Grum :thumbup:

You bashed that together quickly.  About time to start the bulldozer ?

22 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

This is a great set. I've got the B built at the moment and it can really handle a duvet. :laugh:

Yes, this is a good little set. Can’t say I’m likely to run it on a duvet but everything it has ran on it's handled surprisingly well. If the Little Darlings say they'd like the B model built then I'll build it with them but otherwise not.

21 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Very nice build for your Grandchildren and fun for them for play with and even for you a easy build.:thumbup:

They've had so much fun with it, most of an afternoon it was charging about and the BuWizz's battery showed no signs of giving up.

20 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I think combo of Buwizz and rubber pads really make this set much more capable and fun. Thanks for the shout out, Grum :thumbup:

That combination transforms the 42065 from a mediocre set into a really good one. 

No wurries about the creditation. I'd settled on my own way to fit it but would've had to hunt high & low for the few parts needed. Your solution, using parts from the set saved me a lot of time and effort so thanks again.

19 hours ago, Pvdb said:

You bashed that together quickly.  About time to start the bulldozer ?

Yep, I think it's my quickest build yet but it is only a little ‘un..

It is indeed time to start the 8275, I'm really looking forward to it. 

Edited by grum64
Spelling/Corrections