Bardo has a famous brass band:

800x653.jpg

Bardo's Lonely Hearts Club Band must have been around for some twenty years now.

800x948.jpg

.. but they are still guaranteed to raise a smile ... or two.

Here you can see these guys performing for the Musician’s Talent Fair.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Nice entry, the blue and yellow on the background is great and the white pillars look really good too!

The old fireman torso is perfect for the setting. Colorful and lively, just as it should be. Love the bagpipe and brass band combination. At least in theory pirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice entry! Stage good, wall good, band good, reference good. All good! pirate_classic.gifthumbup.gif

Fine example of the power of music to unite people

Make music, not war!

Keep it up, CB!

Get them some women to hang around! Those poor lonely (hearts) souls have stayed single FOR 20 YEARS??? OMG!!!

I too agree that the firefighter torso looks excellent, as this also comes from my age, from a set my grandma gifted to me. In fact, every torso looks like it belongs in a band of brass and i keep lamenting myself for not picking this bagpipe during its time.

ooops, I missed all these replies...

Ha great entry, love the oversized trumpet thingy! Good luck Captain! thumbup.gif

I wanted to go with TLG instruments only.

Nice entry, the blue and yellow on the background is great and the white pillars look really good too!

Thanks!

The old fireman torso is perfect for the setting. Colorful and lively, just as it should be. Love the bagpipe and brass band combination. At least in theory pirate_laugh_new.gif

Only in theory - they produce a horrible sound! pir_laugh2.gif

This is clever; I like it! I particularly like how close some of those faces are.

pirate_laugh2.gif

Is the drummer named Ringo, by any chance? :p

I think they call him Ognir, but I need to check again pirate_wink.gif

The trumpet is great, but the wall even better!

.. the wall will come down once they have started to play...

Nice entry! Stage good, wall good, band good, reference good. All good! pirate_classic.gifthumbup.gif

Fine example of the power of music to unite people

Make music, not war!

Keep it up, CB!

pirate_laugh2.gif

Get them some women to hang around! Those poor lonely (hearts) souls have stayed single FOR 20 YEARS??? OMG!!!

I too agree that the firefighter torso looks excellent, as this also comes from my age, from a set my grandma gifted to me. In fact, every torso looks like it belongs in a band of brass and i keep lamenting myself for not picking this bagpipe during its time.

Well, I fear that the music they are producing is keeping the girls away... pirate_cry4.gif

And the firefighter torso is, of course, old. But very useful! pirate_satisfied.gif

Are they currently going in, or out, of style? :pir-wink:

Great vignette, Captain - I too like the mix of instruments, and the figs, but the best part is the wall and pillars in the background. Well done! :pir_laugh2:

'So may I introduce to you,

The MOC you've wanted all these years,

Captain Braunsfeld's Lonely Hearts Club Band!'

But what would you do if they sang out of tune?

Great little model, it made me laugh out loud. Really well executed,although I'm not sure about the bag pipes! John's huge trumpet is genius.

Another great scene, looks like the Talent fair is a must visit! :-)

Are they currently going in, or out, of style? :pir-wink:

Great vignette, Captain - I too like the mix of instruments, and the figs, but the best part is the wall and pillars in the background. Well done! :pir_laugh2:

Thank you, a splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Nice entry !

I like this background mosaic.

And a good mix of music instruments !

Good job

merci!

'So may I introduce to you,

The MOC you've wanted all these years,

Captain Braunsfeld's Lonely Hearts Club Band!'

But what would you do if they sang out of tune?

Great little model, it made me laugh out loud. Really well executed,although I'm not sure about the bag pipes! John's huge trumpet is genius.

pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

They usually sing out of tune. That is why they have turned to using their instruments only...

Another great scene, looks like the Talent fair is a must visit! :-)

Oh, sure, you gotta be there! pirate_satisfied.gif

Wait... does Captain Cookie know about this?! :grin::pir-grin:

Nice entry to the challenge. The band looks great and their instruments are good. I'm not entirely sold on the firefighter torso, but it doesn't look bad and happens to be one of the few classic non-Pirates-theme torsos that actually works in age-of-sail builds. (If I remember correctly you have a bunch of them; sadly I have only two...) The background/stage area looks nice and overall this promises to be a good performance. Which song are they singing/playing? :pir-wink: Good work.

Wait... does Captain Cookie know about this?! :grin::pir-grin:

Nice entry to the challenge. The band looks great and their instruments are good. I'm not entirely sold on the firefighter torso, but it doesn't look bad and happens to be one of the few classic non-Pirates-theme torsos that actually works in age-of-sail builds. (If I remember correctly you have a bunch of them; sadly I have only two...) The background/stage area looks nice and overall this promises to be a good performance. Which song are they singing/playing? :pir-wink: Good work.

I happen to have enough black firefighter torsos for an army! pirate_laugh2.gif

(but I used them for fleshies...)

The soundstage is fine, but the band is of disputable quality.

The song they are playing is a tribute to certain bricks, called "Amazing Greys".

pirate_laugh_new.gif