Hello,

I would like to present my latest train MOC: a German steam engine.

komplettes_set_final.png

Steam engines appeal different from country to country. In Germany most steam engines had a red wheel undercarriage, steam engines in some other European countries too.

For those who like steam engines completely black: all parts for this engine are already available.

lok_mit_tender_020.jpg

For those who like a red undercarriage: please support this set on LEGO IDEAS (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/133465).

The steam engine bases on the steam engine https://en.wikipedia...i/Prussian_G_12. This steam engine was a goods train locomotive, and as goods train locomotives have small wheels for high traction force I used small LEGO train wheels.

I did not like the plain, high gloss surface of the tender, so I decided to take bricks with studs on sides. These studs symbolize oversized rivets.

I watched LEGO sets like freight train 60052. This set does not contain only a freight train, it also contains a truck and a fork lift. So you can transport something with the truck to the station, load it on the freight car and take it to the next station.

At 1925 there were only a few trucks and no fork lifts, so I decided to add a horse carriage. Now you can play as you can play with freight train 60052: you can transport something to the station, load it into the freight car and transport it to the next station.

Ludger

It is a nice built Ludger! A touch of 7750 and of My Own Train and of some originals. LEGO would be wise to even bring it out when it would not reach the desired amount of votes. The red undercarriage would be a not so wet dream for all train fans of course!!!

It is a nice built Ludger! A touch of 7750 and of My Own Train and of some originals. LEGO would be wise to even bring it out when it would not reach the desired amount of votes. The red undercarriage would be a not so wet dream for all train fans of course!!!

Thanks.

To make it easy for LEGO to approve this set I designed this train similar to LEGO train sets. Freight train 60052 has an engine, two railway cars and two other vehicles. This set consists of 870 parts. My project has also an engine, two railway cars and, instead of other vehicles, a carriage. My set consists of 940 parts. If LEGO creates a new part slope brick curved 3x4 for replacing 4 slope brick 3x1 the number of parts would be reduced to 860, so my set would cost round about as much as set 60052.

Nice train and concept, should be attractive to a wide audience, supported!

In mean time, if desperate enough, you could combine clone wheel supports (i.e. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSINI-Train-City-Cargo-Freight-Classical-Locomotive-Model-25610-No-Box-/221947982517?hash=item33ad2172b5:g:VJYAAOSwp5JWUd4s) with BBB or Toy Story Western train chase red wheels.

I'm sorry, I feel like I'm always being negative on here lately, but I think this model is too boring and not detailed enough to appeal to the train community.

The lack of large driving wheels, which are a steam engine staple, is a real killer for me. The large and small wheels have been produced by Lego in red, so would suit your Germanic design. The two bogie design makes it look like a boiler on top of a flatcar. The boiler itself is not taking advantage of the new rounding techniques developed over the years since the My Own Train line of the early 2000s (which itself was a failure).

The Lego train community, while large, is a fractured one, as builders from all over the world look for different elements that speak to their geographic location. It is impossible to try to capture everything everyone could want, but you certainly need to wow them with a design.