Sign in to follow this  
kaiju

[SR - March FB 2] Fort Crimson, Haven

With thanks to KolonialBeamter for suggesting I use rendering software to improve the presentation of my LDD based builds.

One of the greatest dangers of fledgling settlements is the threat of raids, be it less scrupulous Sea Rats, other nations, or even the natives. When the first settlers arrived on Isla del Diablo they tried to establish a proper defense for the town. Roland Blaze, captain of the Crimson Marauder, offered his heavily damaged ship to form the basis and provide materials for the first fortress. In honour of this, the settlers refer to the building as Fort Crimson.

fortcrimson.lxf_00000.png

fortcrimson.lxf_00001.png

fortcrimson.lxf_00002.png

fortcrimson.lxf_00003.png

Yes, you did it! And see? Presentation improves immediately thumbup.gif Is that Blender you're using?

It's a nice fort, and its story is quite well told. It still has the 'ship-feel', and the rowboats fit in nicely.

Good job, keep it up!

Excellent fort there Kaiju, the dark red and brown go very well together, and I really like how the fort resembles a ship though it is still clearly a defensive structure on land! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif The lanterns next to the door and the use of those rowboat-hulls are my favorite details, and the rendering helps the presentation tremendously! Keep it up! :thumbup:

Yes, you did it! And see? Presentation improves immediately :thumbup: Is that Blender you're using?

It's a nice fort, and its story is quite well told. It still has the 'ship-feel', and the rowboats fit in nicely.

Good job, keep it up!

If by Blender you mean Bluerender, then yes. I did a few test runs with other builds before these to make sure it was working properly (had a few issues with the height of the Bloody White Crow's masts). Quite happy with the results.

And thanks.

Excellent fort there Kaiju, the dark red and brown go very well together, and I really like how the fort resembles a ship though it is still clearly a defensive structure on land! :pir-wink::pir-sweet: The lanterns next to the door and the use of those rowboat-hulls are my favorite details, and the rendering helps the presentation tremendously! Keep it up! :thumbup:

Thank you. The rowboats were actually the part I was most worried about; they could easily have come across as more goofy than thematic and stylised. I couldn't get the rigging to work to add in a crow's next/look out post, sadly. Might try again if I'm ever upgrading the fort.

Also, I forgot to mention this in the original post, but the gentleman in the red coat is Roland Blaze himself.

Presentation has improved indeed! Nice job on the woodwork too

Whoa... that is one well-armed fort. And yes, it looks infinitely better in rendered form. The design is fairly basic, and I doubt they'd really need that many cannons, but it looks pretty good as it is. Keep it up.