Quentin Collins

[MOC] Li'l Vampire's Birthday Party

24759908924_69b3e1f678_b.jpg

Li'l Vlad's 107th Birthday by Quentin Collins, on Flickr

"The kids arrived and dutifully put their presents on the table. Truth be told, they didn't really want to come, they all thought Li'l Vlad was a bit creepy.However their mothers had insisted that they go, mostly because they wanted to get a peek inside the old mansion themselves.

As they took their seats around the table, the children were horrified to discover the rather dangerous buffet laid out before them. Then Li'l Vlad's mother arrived with the cake, all smiles and fangs.

Needless to say, his next birthday party was sparsely attended..."

This is my first attempt at a larger vignette and my third MOC overall. I had a blast building it! :sweet: As you can tell, I like the spooky stuff with a sense of humor. This is also the first story I've ever attached to one of my pieces. It was inspired by some of the great ones I've seen around here.

Edited by Quentin Collins

Haha, nice work! I really like the background decor and use of the large wings. The head on the cake is a nice touch too. Li'l Vlad is one ugly vampire kid.

The other kids reactions to this hit the nail on the head :laugh: but if anything makes this MOC above and beyond it's got to be the kid vampire's face!

The use of the wings to create a gothic arch is inspired!

The scene has an Adams Family/Munsters feel, at once comic and creepy. Nicely done!

Thanks! The bat wings were a last minute inspiration. I opened a mix and there they were, begging to be used. Luckily for me, the fit exactly in the space that needed filling!

Has the happy company gathered in in a restaurant of Vampire State Building? I like the playability of your creation and that you combined a few different ideas in one set. I like your ideas. Your story is nice, too.