Sign in to follow this  
Electricsteam

What did you guys think of the Mars Mission series?

I only had two sets from this series. The big base set

CIvPgsZ.png?1

I barely remember getting this and like the only piece of it I have left is that big pump... so there is that.

This friggin epic walking drill unit thing

AW4wRWg.png?1

a1qI7YM.png

I recently found at flea market a whole bunch of those orange alien containers and part of this set here.... not much but still kinda neat for 5$

So what did you guys think of the Mars mission series ?

The human vehicles were awesome after the first year. The drop ship and that drill are still great designs.

Everything dealing with the Martians was horrible. I can't believe LEGO thought those figures were a good idea. Then the ship designs were 'ehh'.

But the human sets were fun. I feel that Space themes are always so underappreciated.

I have a soft spot for those stupid jellies. :laugh:

I liked them. Okay, I liked the human vehicles, as Bricknblue said. The aliens were (and still are) all kinds of horrible. I mean, not even nostalgia can save those dumb green dudes. And their vehicles were just as terrible. You telling me it's too hard for Lego to just recolor some Battled Droid parts or something? Viewing the theme as a whole, I prefer the older Life on Mars theme.

Well, I OWN COMPLETELY ALL of Mars MIsion and all I can say is: absolutely awesome - I love them! :wink::thumbup:

I absolutely LOVE this theme! It was my first space theme and I own about ten of the sets. The Crystal reaper has to be my favorite, but I really wish I'd gotten the drill walker, the hypersonic operations aircraft and the claw tank.

I think I have a few of the stickered bricks from the drill walker, looking at it now it's kinda reminds me of an oil drill but with legs! I'm trying to see if there is anything I can do with the huge pump, doesn't have too many places to build from.

I think that is a great theme mainly because of the terrestrial vehicles. I bought some of them but I dismounted them to pieces except one, the excelent 7649: MT-201 Ultra-Drill Walker.

I never had much Mars Mission, but I loved it all the same. The variety of vehicles, especially for the humans, really gave the impression of a complete universe. I was also quite fond of the Lego.com Mars Mission RTS game. I must admit the aliens were rather badly done, though I suppose some of the rationale for it was so they could fit in the launch tube things at the base.