To: CEO Raven

Subject: Status Report - Project Star-Lord

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25022958833_6c2a36e05a_o.png

We have taken delivery of the package, and work has begun on Project Star-Lord.

25557020151_f5f5656dc6_o.png

The work is proceeding quickly. We are currently using the standard Octan mounts for Dr. Gregorovich's propulsion designs - however, due to structural integrity issues caused by design conflicts between Octan and Kawashita conventions, especially when implemented in a dreadnaught-scale vessel, we are currently operating an ancillary project to develop new mount designs of greater practical value.

25354058140_d58249eb98_o.png

The hull is currently unpainted. We anticipate that Dr. Gregorovich will remain with us for a further week - until that time, only Spyrius equipment and techs are present, as per your orders.

25282106129_c71a443098_o.png

Our initial assessment, supported by small-scale tests, indicate that Dr. Gregorovich's work on direct-conversion power sources will provide an immediate 7% increase in power supply capacity in allied vessels if properly implemented. Retrofitting of direct-conversion reactor plants could yield efficiency increases in excess of 45% for dreadnaught-scale vessels or land-based reactor facilities. Benefits will be smaller for smaller vessels, but are expected to remain significant at all output levels.

25282102499_e846bf1e1b_o.png

My commendation to the crew and captain of the Variga. Dr. Gregorovich was delivered unharmed and in full health and, as nearly as we can make out, good spirits. How Octan Corporation's scientific community is able to flourish with such ... difficult individuals at its heart is a subject worthy of further study. The design prototypes the Variga delivered were also in sterling condition, and have proven invaluable to the rapid completion of Project Star-Lord.

25019152074_00f0a41bf3_o.png

Approximately two weeks of construction remain. Much of the superstructure has been completed, and currently the pace of construction is limited primarily by available surface area for work. After completion of the vessel, approximately two further weeks for trials and testing will be required. You will be notified when the this period commences - we look forward to turning Project Star-Lord over to Kawashita for its shakedown cruise as quickly as possible.

25022930783_317f85edf3_o.png

The designs you have provided for "flying hand" construction vehicles have been invaluable in this phase of the construction process. While the inclusion of a second thumb is an ... interesting choice, there can be little doubt that much is owed to the versatility of this design. Project Star-Lord is currently running 17.5 hours ahead of schedule, with no major obstructions anticipated.

Go forward with honor.

Edited by VK-318

OMG! I have goten a Spyrius ship!

Great work on integrating it in your story and a really nice space ship.

OMG! I have goten a Spyrius ship!

Great work on integrating it in your story and a really nice space ship.

Thanks! I'm kind of proud of how it looks, but it's not at all swooshable. I need to figure out how to give it a stronger "backbone," because it keeps bending, and the fins keep falling off.

I love how you made the story tie in to the tech build. I started reading and had to scroll back up to make sure I had clicked the right topic!

I like the four-winged design of ship itself, :thumbup: although I can imagine it would get a little fiddly being built around those wheel pieces. :wacko:

Edited by rodiziorobs