Legostone

[ESL - FB1] The Auctiondock - Auctioning today: The "War Dwarf&#34

Up for Auction: Class 4A War Brig "War Dwarf", not licensed

BIDS starting at 60DB

Winning Bid: 60 DB Bregir

This Auction goes on until the 13th of March in the year 616.

Members of the Factions Eslandola, Corrington and Oleon are allowed to participate. Sea Rats can try to participate too, but their bids won't be taken seriously(except for a deal to no longer attack our convois:D)

MAESTRO gets some of the income from this auction(not specified publicly)

Quick update specifying something for the game rules:

This is a builder to builder sale; whoever gets it has all rights he would've had if he had built the ship. I don't have the right to use it as my own ship anymore.

Licenses might be easy to get from Corrington if you ask politely they may be cheaper than directly licensing it:P

Hello everyone! I need DBs, and you need some more ships, right? Well, here is the solution! A dock where we can have auctions to sell off ships I don't need - and you can get them. For now we just have one ship up for auction - the War Dwarf. As this is a Warship (a class 4A, currently not licensed, but maybe you can get one of the licenses from the Corringtoners, they have a lot of them in the drydock. Or maybe you just want to prevent them from getting another strong ship which would make them, in your opinion, to strong) I will only offer this ship to Factions who are currently at peace(friendly relations) with us Eslandonians - Sorry, Sea Rats, I don't want another Warship in your hands ;)

Okay, back to the story now:

Finally! They are there! Took you long enough to arrive here *insert name of messenger of interested members of Corrington* and *insert name of messenger of interested members of Oleon*!

25015699914_b9f2155fec_z.jpg

Well, at least they didn't start a war while getting here!

25278637419_281e675f9f_z.jpg

So, you are here to speak for those interested in this beautiful ship, the War Dwarf? Well then!

25527527112_ce9a98a3b1_z.jpg

I'm glad you followed the rules here - I'm glad I don't have to order my guards to kill you because you brought to many weapons!

25646234645_7ae2a55491_z.jpg

STAND STILL GUARDS! I hope you'll like this ship as much as I do - sadly I need money to get my trade ships back up and running.

25646234645_7ae2a55491_z.jpg

My good captian, Captain Damian Chetham, will be glad to show you around the ship. If you want to use this ship to defend your convois he would be glad to be at your service, together with his crew, who know this ship well.

25015709694_d38ed38f75_z.jpg

What are you guys doing back there? I'm trying to sell a ship here!

25278647009_3f5fc46920_z.jpg

*splashing noise*

25620058696_3cdcf27751_z.jpg

The War Dwarf is a amazing ship, I'll be glad to show you around! Lets check out the gundeck!

25019491923_2a65f2162b_z.jpg

You know, I told you before I shouldn't take you with me on this kind of mission. At least you didn't start a war...

25350589780_0398b667cf_z.jpg

And you guys are setting up the chest for the auction? Great, once they are done checking the ship, we'll be able to continue quickly!

25278653759_2e4b6c31cf_z.jpg

*Seaman in the background talking about the guy who fell into the Harbor*

25620064466_34bb0d6702_z.jpg

That's one great ship, I'll go as high as I am allowed to go!

Same here!

25350593640_28afc21436_z.jpg

So, I see that as you think all of those who sent you here are interested in this ship?

Yes, indeed.

Hey, stop answering his questions first! I'm sure whoever sent me wants this ship!

25278656939_6ccbc0ebe4_z.jpg

Hey, can you hold this for a few minutes? Don't dare dropping with it into the Harbor though!

25019499603_244b995ce1_z.jpg

Let me pass through! I want this ship too!

25527549142_1e9fe64f8e_z.jpg

You told me you were just here to observe an auction! What made you change your mind?

25350600790_17ab5ff0cc_z.jpg

I guess you will have to make some space so I'm not standing in your way now and am still able to get my bids in!

*annoyed mumbling that they don't want another competitor*

25553567421_6af335f346_z.jpg

GOING! GOING! GONE! You've won a beautiful ship mister!

25553571081_fd1b0e1038_z.jpg

*some time passes, whoever won the ship leaves with it, the Eslandolian members carry away the gangway.*

25527558932_3d59e015f1_z.jpg

Quick overview over the dock and all the Eslandolian protagonists:

25015737814_828a62f69c_z.jpg

And, lastly we have the *insert name of messenger of interested members of Corrington*, his guard, the *insert name of messenger of interested members of Oleon* and his guard.

25527561752_539b7478b9_z.jpg

I know this is a rather simplistic build, this was really just about the story - I hope this can still go as a freebuild like this:P If you don't think so tell me please - I have more ideas for this month anyways.

This plays in the Docks of Elysabethtown.

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!

Edited by Legostone

Very nice ship and very funny story LegoStone, hope you can get a good deal for it! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

One note about the auction though - technically you cannot sell unlicenced ships. However, once the auction is closed you could have the buyer first send you the money to licence the ship, then licence it, and then sell it to them at the price you agreed on, and then they will be getting the licenced ship pirate_classic.gif

Very nice ship and very funny story LegoStone, hope you can get a good deal for it! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

One note about the auction though - technically you cannot sell unlicenced ships. However, once the auction is closed you could have the buyer first send you the money to licence the ship, then licence it, and then sell it to them at the price you agreed on, and then they will be getting the licenced ship pirate_classic.gif

I seem to have missed that rule, can you show me where to find it? There are some other unlicensed ships for sale in the index.

I agree with Garmadon - It is a very busy story, and the setting is nice - I really think it conveys the competitive atmosphere of an auction well. I would say it is plenty for a freebuild. pirate_blush.gif

Why is that so, Garmadon? Which rule stops you from selling a ship-moc without a license?

As I see it, players should be able to make almost any transaction they see fit, provided it falls within the spirit of the game.

Registering a vessel for the MRCA requires two things: 1) A moc, 2) a license.

Thus, auctions like this allows people unable (or unwilling) to moc such a (beautiful) vessel to participate in the MRCA.

As I see it, the lucky winner will aquire the right to use this vessel *as if he had built it himself*, meaning that we are technically trading for blueprints for this ship.

I see no reason why this should not be possible, but there is of course the remote possibility that I have missed some important aspect.

/Bregir Onassis

(I prefer that to "the rich tool" pirate_tong.gif )

/Bregir Onassis

No problem, I will send you the invoice for alowing to use that name pirate_laugh_new.gif

By definition an unlicenced build (ship, in this and probably most of the other cases in which it might be an issue) is outside of the EGS, and a build outside of the game system cannot be sold for in-game profit (hope that makes sense) pirate_wink.gif In most cases it would not be a problem if the spirit of the rules is respected, but it is simpler and better to stay within the rules by following the "transaction, licence, sell" steps I posted earlier pirate_classic.gif

By definition an unlicenced build (ship, in this and probably most of the other cases in which it might be an issue) is outside of the EGS, and a build outside of the game system cannot be sold for in-game profit (hope that makes sense) pirate_wink.gif In most cases it would not be a problem if the spirit of the rules is respected, but it is simpler and better to stay within the rules by following the "transaction, licence, sell" steps I posted earlier pirate_classic.gif

Well, to me it doesn't. I am allowed to make basically any transaction with my (many) dubloons that I wish, but you are telling me that this specific transaction is impossible? pirate_look.gif

I think we are putting an unneccessary limitation on the game and people's freedom here, as the trading of moc's makes sense both in game terms and in character.

I fail to see how this makes it any harder to manage, which would be my go-to argument for any complications for the gamemasters.

Should I, hypothetically, purchase this vessel, I would certainly make sure noone else infringed on my rights of ownership, making the system self-regulating.

I will (after hours and hours of endlessly annoying bickering pirate_tong.gif ) respect any decision leadership should make, but I reserve my freedom of speech to vent my dissatisfaction with the decisions and the related arguments! pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_blush.gifpirate_wink.gif

In other news:

To the honourable Auctioneer,

In the name of my client, I have been authorized to place bids in his interest.

For now, I shall bid 30 dbs.

Best regards

Ibn al'Sayeed

No problem, I will send you the invoice for alowing to use that name pirate_laugh_new.gif

Shouldn't he fill a webform for that? :laugh:

Well, to me it doesn't. I am allowed to make basically any transaction with my (many) dubloons that I wish, but you are telling me that this specific transaction is impossible? pirate_look.gif

I think we are putting an unneccessary limitation on the game and people's freedom here, as the trading of moc's makes sense both in game terms and in character.

I fail to see how this makes it any harder to manage, which would be my go-to argument for any complications for the gamemasters.

Should I, hypothetically, purchase this vessel, I would certainly make sure noone else infringed on my rights of ownership, making the system self-regulating.

I will (after hours and hours of endlessly annoying bickering pirate_tong.gif ) respect any decision leadership should make, but I reserve my freedom of speech to vent my dissatisfaction with the decisions and the related arguments! pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_blush.gifpirate_wink.gif

Go ahead! pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif What I was saying is that it hardly makes sense to pay in-game money for things that are out of the game (that's the reason he would need to licence it first - to put it in the game) However, despite that, I'm not sure that there's much reason for the rule either, but you'll have to ask Ska as (at least as Kai told me) he had stated that it could not be done before pirate_laugh2.gif

Go ahead! pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif What I was saying is that it hardly makes sense to pay in-game money for things that are out of the game (that's the reason he would need to licence it first - to put it in the game) However, despite that, I'm not sure that there's much reason for the rule either, but you'll have to ask Ska as (at least as Kai told me) he had stated that it could not be done before pirate_laugh2.gif

I will assume that Ska reads our above debate and that we will see a conclusion at some point. For now, I am interested in paying a (limited! Despite recent rumours, I am not made of money! pirate_tong.gif ) amount of ingame currency for the right to license this as my own. pirate_wink.gif

/Bregir Onassis (R pendingpirate_tong.gif )

Upon being informed that the minimum bid is 60 dbs, my client has authorised me to raise the bid to the minimum: 60 dbs.

At your service

Ibn al'Sayeed

Why is that so, Garmadon? Which rule stops you from selling a ship-moc without a license?

As I see it, players should be able to make almost any transaction they see fit, provided it falls within the spirit of the game.

Registering a vessel for the MRCA requires two things: 1) A moc, 2) a license.

Thus, auctions like this allows people unable (or unwilling) to moc such a (beautiful) vessel to participate in the MRCA.

As I see it, the lucky winner will aquire the right to use this vessel *as if he had built it himself*, meaning that we are technically trading for blueprints for this ship.

I see no reason why this should not be possible, but there is of course the remote possibility that I have missed some important aspect.

/Bregir Onassis

I don't remember if I said something on this earlier or not. Someone find it!!! I have only added like 500 posts to my post count in the last four months!

Ok so the fundamental problem here is the idea that these are blueprints for sale -- if they were truly blueprints, than they could be sold over and over again. This cannot fly for the MRCA because of the limit that one MOC = only one active ship at a time.

I also took the story to be that the actual ship was being sold. So I think this comes down to a new set of legal rights.

First -- is this an in character purchase, or a purchase between two builders. If it is a purchase between two builders, just to use a MOC picture, then I think it could be traded on the free market without restriction. But only one use of the MOC could be active at a time in the EGS/MRCA. In this case, you could use this MOC to represent a license you had bought, or had captured because it is not in the story, so to speak.

If i- character the purchase is made:

A) is this blueprints or a ship?

B) if it is a blue print, then the buyer is actually buying the rights to construct a ship in the image of the original, but the original CANNOT be licensed while the new "blueprinted" ship is active. You also could not apply a captured license to this, because that would be a miraculous capture in deed to find out that it had the exact same blueprints as you had bought!

C) If it is a ship, then the buyer would have to license that ship as is in story purposes. As in, you couldn't apply a license you had already to it.

But the big issue here is legal rights after that ship has met Davey Jones. Who has the right to use the MOC picture again? That probably needs to be established at time of sale or before and auction begins.

I don't remember if I said something on this earlier or not. Someone find it!!! I have only added like 500 posts to my post count in the last four months!

Ok so the fundamental problem here is the idea that these are blueprints for sale -- if they were truly blueprints, than they could be sold over and over again. This cannot fly for the MRCA because of the limit that one MOC = only one active ship at a time.

I also took the story to be that the actual ship was being sold. So I think this comes down to a new set of legal rights.

First -- is this an in character purchase, or a purchase between two builders. If it is a purchase between two builders, just to use a MOC picture, then I think it could be traded on the free market without restriction. But only one use of the MOC could be active at a time in the EGS/MRCA. In this case, you could use this MOC to represent a license you had bought, or had captured because it is not in the story, so to speak.

If i- character the purchase is made:

A) is this blueprints or a ship?

B) if it is a blue print, then the buyer is actually buying the rights to construct a ship in the image of the original, but the original CANNOT be licensed while the new "blueprinted" ship is active. You also could not apply a captured license to this, because that would be a miraculous capture in deed to find out that it had the exact same blueprints as you had bought!

C) If it is a ship, then the buyer would have to license that ship as is in story purposes. As in, you couldn't apply a license you had already to it.

But the big issue here is legal rights after that ship has met Davey Jones. Who has the right to use the MOC picture again? That probably needs to be established at time of sale or before and auction begins.

This is gonna be a purchase between two builders then - once a price has been decided - where I'll give all rights (in the borders of BOBS) of the MOC to the buyer(as if he had built it himself). I couldn't use it further in the game which I wouldn't mind. I do not sell blueprints here - it is the whole ship, I wouldn't see how it would make sense otherwise anyways.

This is gonna be a purchase between two builders then - once a price has been decided - where I'll give all rights (in the borders of BOBS) of the MOC to the buyer(as if he had built it himself). I couldn't use it further in the game which I wouldn't mind. I do not sell blueprints here - it is the whole ship, I wouldn't see how it would make sense otherwise anyways.

At least this prospective buyer is entirely on the same page as you. However, given recent discussions, and the fact that this is a first, I understand the debate here.

You did sum up my argument nicely. pirate_blush.gif

This auction is then not to be considered truly in character, I suppose, but more of OOC fun - a role which it plays out wonderfully! pirate_laugh2.gif

I guess the Auction is over now! Congrats Bregir for winning the War Dwarf! That is 60 DBs to me and we can now see how to deal with the paperwork:P

The said amount has been deposited at the requested banking house.

My client should like to thank you for a succesful transaction.

For my part too, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Your servant,

Ibn al'Sayeed

You tell a good story with all these auction scene pics. The setting looks pretty realistic. And congrats to Bregir for placing the winning bid; she should serve Corrington well.