Sign in to follow this  
CelesAurivern

[COR -CH2B] I have no voice, and I must scream...

We should never have come here...

Three days ago, our expedition landed on this island.

The weather cool, the berries ripe and the water sweet, we quenched our thirst and eased our fatigue after a long voyage from the homeland.

With an excellent harbour and all the necessary resources available, our surveyor believed there is no better place to start a new settlement.

How very wrong he was...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They came without warning. Swift. Sudden.

Our firearms were useless at close quarters.

It was a massacre. A pure bloodbath... Brutal... Savage...

I watched in horror as my comrades were ruthlessly slain...

...then mutilated as their dead or dying bodies were repeatedly stabbed for pleasure...

CH2-Ambush002.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran as fast as my legs could take me.

I ran... with the Queen's Colours in my hands...

I ran... for dear life... I ran...

CH2-Ambush001a.jpg

I have no idea where I am. Not that it matters.

I know I have no hope of ever leaving this godforsaken island alive.

Three days on the run, with no food or water.

I can neither move nor utter a word.

I am spent.

I will die here.

CH2-Ambush006.jpg

I hear them.

Their bloodcurdling howls.

They are near.

They have come for me.

CH2-Ambush007.jpg

I have no voice, and I must scream...

CH2-Ambush008.jpg

The full 32 x 32

CH2-Ambush004.jpg

Edited by CelesAurivern

Excellent presentation. Not every voyage is a pleasant one, and the tales of those unfortunate are often overlooked, forgotten, or never heard in the first place. This is one great tale to recount in the late hours of the seaside pubs. And for moms to tell their kids, so they don't run off on dangerous adventures. "Now you're going to univeristy school to become a doctor, a lawyer or such, ya hear me?"

Wow, that is a very dramatic build and story! Your narrative, rather poetic, style is perfect here, and it feels like something right out of a first class thriller! pirate_blush.gif

As rumours have it, your troops have landed on Island 2 - and one might conjecture that these natives were what drove the Mardierians of the island, rather than the decease some have spoken of? And perhaps killed the soldier found dead at the beach depicted by another of Corrington's fine gentlemen? pirate_wink.gif

Nice entry!

As rumours have it, your troops have landed on Island 2 - and one might conjecture that these natives were what drove the Mardierians of the island, rather than the decease some have spoken of? And perhaps killed the soldier found dead at the beach depicted by another of Corrington's fine gentlemen? pirate_wink.gif

The description sure doesn't sound like island 2 to me.....

The weather cool, the berries ripe and the water sweet, we quenched our thirst and eased our fatigue after a long voyage from the homeland.

Nice build, great story and really good storytelling with the photos. Chilling ending as well.

Of course it all worked out well in the end, but the early history of British and French settlement in the New World (before about 1650) was something of a disaster, with starvation and native spears a regular threat and the settlers themselves deeply divided on religious and political grounds. Most of the early settlements failed. Indeed serious problems continued well into the 18th c. (e.g. The Darien Expedition). So actually this is much more typical of that early history than most of the 'happier' builds posted here.

The description sure doesn't sound like island 2 to me.....

Ahahahahahaha! Trolling!

On the build itself, this is very realistic and could have happened in any of the islands of this Archipelago. A very interesting choice of minifig heads for the savages and also the shrunken head is top notch! The tragic story that accompanies it, also stirred my emotions. I even felt (only a bit) sorry for those poor Corrish souls...

On the build itself, this is very realistic and could have happened in any of the islands of this Archipelago.

Indeed. The island is not specifically mentioned as this was one of those lost expeditions that didn't make it.

No survivors, no tales.

At least not until the next expedition discovers an abandoned ship off the coast and starts to get curious...

And here was me thinking the natives were a friendly bunch. I will beware.

Gruesome little story, I like all the expressions of your guys, even if the situation they've found themselves in is not so nice. Let us hope at least one Corrie gets out alive.

That is a rather cool horror story you have there. Good work, and great use of some of those minifig expressions.

Very suitable build (and quite similar to what I'm working on :wink:)!

Excellent storytelling and good job with the action-packed jungle scene. The macabre in this case seems perfectly realistic. The posing and expressions are excellent. Good work.

That was a great story build and an interesting take on the challenge. Well done.