sheo

[MOC] Nuclear Building

Nuclear Building is a round modular building whose shape resembles a mushroom cloud.

Model characteristics:

• Building comprises 3 stories and has a height of 40 bricks.
  • Fits into 32 x 32 modular standard and can be put near any other modular building not taller than 28 bricks.
  • Building is equipped with a functional elevator.
  • Model consists of over 4100 parts.

25527381961_690e0c090b.jpg 25612222226_bb550b0f11.jpg 25545733251_5a02650f14.jpg

Some of the architectural features:

25271469819_d0c23c627d_c.jpg

Model consists of 4 modules:

25343900910_2772ecf273_b.jpg

The following picture shows how the modules are connected together:

25013265753_e2745b6b44_c.jpg

The building is equipped with a functional elevator:

25013897413_2436cf29dd_c.jpg

Despite its oversized top floor, the building can be put near any other modular building not taller than 28 bricks. The connection points are embedded in the fences.

25014386383_d62661dda3_c.jpg

Additional links:

Edited by sheo

Probably the coolest building I've seen.

Very nice indeed.

Must be first time anyone would have ever though of how cool it would be to live in a mushroom cloud ! :laugh:

Great idea. Great MOC !

Wow! That is stunningly original. The offsets and math involved to get that shape is not trivial by any stretch. Well done.

That is seriously impressive.

I've made some round buildings, so I understand the challenges, and the detailing in this is amazing and to have solid floors on each level must have taken some working out.

A job well done

What a great concept. It not only looks great on the outside, but has an inside that works as well. Very cool!

This is amazing and very impressive! Usually modern modular attempts end up looking boring, but this really isn't an average modern box of a house!

I especially like the idea of a completely round building. I think the top floor should definitely house a restaurant (and if it were physically possible, a revolving one).

How sturdy is the building?

It's a pity modulars don't get approved in Lego Ideas. I would definitely get this if it were to become a set.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm glad you like my building!

Also I'd like to inform you that building instructions are now available for purchase in my Bricklink store, and inventory is listed on Rebrickable.

I think the top floor should definitely house a restaurant (and if it were physically possible, a revolving one).

Good idea! I think it's quite possible.

Wow, all of the different circle diameters must have been really tricky to work out. The result is fantastic, especially all of the architectural textures. I also like the judicious use of studs.

Now, this is simply wonderful! I like the counter-expressionist vibe here, as a mushroom cloud usually denotes destruction, but you have built it into a symbol of construction! Brilliant techniques are also evident with the concentric floors and I can imagine a neat row of workstations around the perimiter of each. No depressing, soul-sucking cubicles in this office, everyone gets a nice view out the large windows. :laugh: I love this building. :thumbup: