Sign in to follow this  
robinnilsson403

[OL - FB2] Visiting Aludra

After navigating the streets of Breshaun Lan and Gawyn arrives at what used to be Aludras workshop

25342071690_a83b9324d8.jpg

"Hey Aludra!" Lan greeted her. "How are you? What have you done to this place? It's large!"

"It burnt down. Too much sulphur. What do you want? I've got lots of work to do."

"Straight to business, eh?"

"I could just have you thrown out, or perhaps jailed."

"Sorry Aludra. The thing is that we ran into some problems during my expedition. You see, the gunpowder acted up strange. Sometimes it burned very quick, and sometimes not at all."

25519038022_b22a25095e.jpg

"Strange... I have lots to do on the cannons right now. With all the ships and forts being built. The crown wants more all the time. I do have an idea how to fix your problem. On one condition. If you ever are attacked by the Corries, do what ever you can to send death in their face."

"Do you have anything against them?"

"I'll need supplies, lots of it. Salpeter, cotton... If you can't farm it, buy it. Lots of it."

"Sure, sure. As long as you promise it will work. If it doesn't, lots of soldiers might die.

"Oh, it will work."

"But Aludra, tell me what you've got against the Corries."

"The raid against Poseidons Crest. My parents was there..."

Little did they know about the man eavesdropping on them from the drain...

25637726265_222818149f.jpg

25342072660_7e372ab61c.jpg

This is my second freebuild this month, showing a part of Aludras workshop where gun carriages are being painted.

Critics and comments are welcome, as usual!

More photos can be found at my Flickr page.

Edited by robinnilsson403

I like IT! Altough I'm not totally sure about the roof, you've done a great job on the rest!

(do you get inspiration from the Wheel of Time sery?)

I like IT! Altough I'm not totally sure about the roof, you've done a great job on the rest!

(do you get inspiration from the Wheel of Time sery?)

Well, the roof was an experiment. And maaaaaybe I get inspiration from WoT. pirate_laugh2.gif

I like the roof as well. Maybe shortening the lower beams would make it look better. Great work on those angles though !

(Recognized your avatar from WoT but not the story, been a while since I read it but to this day it's the most epic series I've ever read!)

Superb creation! Splendid addition the the ever growing city of Breshaun.

I really like the roof, the drain shows how advanced Oleander city planners are, intruiging story, and nice side action going on. Guess the paint is a hint to the 'true colors' of the spying dude.

Great job!

Very nice moc and a nice addition to our city. I am eagerly waiting for the outcome of this eavesdropping!

Well, the roof was an experiment. And maaaaaybe I get inspiration from WoT. pirate_laugh2.gif

Ah, gods! wheel of time are probably the best books ever writen! My whole GoH is based upon them! Congratz!

While I highly resent the slander being spread on honest Corlanders and our Glorious Empire, I still found this story very interesting. pirate_wink.gif

I too like the roofrafters and the sever, and the posing is nice too. I do wonder at the red line through the sewer, though - has the building been built on a border? pirate_tong.gif

Well done! pirate_blush.gif

Edited by Bregir

I love the roof, it gives a real feeling of a huge building. It reminded me of the medieval stables (now cafe) at Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire. But the drain is a bit clean, could do with a bit of mould and stuff!

I like the roof as well. Maybe shortening the lower beams would make it look better. Great work on those angles though !

(Recognized your avatar from WoT but not the story, been a while since I read it but to this day it's the most epic series I've ever read!)

Thanks! It was hard as youknowwhat to get that roof up without a wall on the other side. The weight of the roof bent the wall, so it was a quick setup, fast shooting and then taking the roof of again. I could stand for about 30 minutes, if there is no vibrations.

As for WoT, I first bashed a few names together for my first characters. Now I think I won't bash them any more, as it gets confusing for me. I didn't take any of the story, just names, and of course a bit of Aludras profession.

Superb creation! Splendid addition the the ever growing city of Breshaun.

I really like the roof, the drain shows how advanced Oleander city planners are, intruiging story, and nice side action going on. Guess the paint is a hint to the 'true colors' of the spying dude.

Great job!

Thanks! I realise that it didn't show so well on the pictures posted here, but there is a bucket of spilled red paint. pirate_laugh2.gif

Great mop piece. What is that, a friends wig?

Nope, it's from the latest CMF series, the janitor. pir_laugh2.gif

Ah, gods! wheel of time are probably the best books ever writen! My whole GoH is based upon them! Congratz!

Well, I stole some characters names so far. I have an idea of making lots of vigs from the series, but that idea is shelved for now.

I love the roof! I have to study this more.

Thanks!

While I highly resent the slander being spread on honest Corlanders and our Glorious Empire, I still found this story very interesting. pirate_wink.gif

I too like the roofrafters and the sever, and the posing is nice too. I do wonder at the red line through the sewer, though - has the building been built on a border? pirate_tong.gif

Well done! pirate_blush.gif

As stated above, it's supposed to be paint. pirate_blush.gif

I love the roof, it gives a real feeling of a huge building. It reminded me of the medieval stables (now cafe) at Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire. But the drain is a bit clean, could do with a bit of mould and stuff!

Noted about the sewer. The idea at first was to build modular style, adding more and more of the factory, but the roof is to heavy not to have an opposite wall. pirate_look.gif

Cool scene I like the underground part of the build and the roof looks impressive with the height of the wall, works well for a factory. I look forward to finding out what this spy is up too.

As for WoT, I first bashed a few names together for my first characters. Now I think I won't bash them any more, as it gets confusing for me. I didn't take any of the story, just names, and of course a bit of Aludras profession.

Well, I stole some characters names so far. I have an idea of making lots of vigs from the series, but that idea is shelved for now.

Please say when you're starting on these vignettes! I'm really curious to what you may build, and maybe I could even throw my own in...

I like the technique used to depict the building, and other than the lower beams of the rafters protruding a little too far the roof looks great. The built-up base is nice and the story sounds promising. :classic:

I had never even heard of "Wheel of Time"... :look:

Nice build, I like when people make cutaway vignettes in "proper minifig scale" and hint at a greater structure instead of the downsized entire buildings you typically see in MOCs.

The roof beams look good overall, but I think it would have been even better without the exposed "antistuds", maybe turning the ceiling and beams upside down and tile the surfaces would be possible another time? (At least if the outside is to be ignored)

Your photography is improving :classic: