oo7

Your First LEGO Set

The sets that I first got consisted of Town and Space sets, though I believe that this was my first set (that wasn't Duplo or a bucket of bricks):

6453-1.jpg

6453-1: Com-Link Cruiser

Some of the stickers went missing ages ago, but the set has still managed to remain completely intact all these years. It's a little dusty and worn out after countless hours of play and display but I suppose that's what makes it sentimental :cry_happy:

I already had Duplo and Lego but the first set I received with a minifig was the 6848 Futuron set Strategic Pursuer.

6848-1.jpg

Don't remember the first set I bought with my money, but I remember buying brand new sets released in 1990.

This is my first LEGO set, 6521 - Emergency Repair Truck, which was my parents' gift to me on my 7th b-day. Thanks to this cute little yellow truck, I discovered the wonderful world of LEGO, and the rest, as they say, is history. default_satisfied.gif

post-5203-127734994062.jpg

The sets that I first got consisted of Town and Space sets, though I believe that this was my first set (that wasn't Duplo or a bucket of bricks):

*pic*

Some of the stickers went missing ages ago, but the set has still managed to remain completely intact all these years. It's a little dusty and worn out after countless hours of play and display but I suppose that's what makes it sentimental :cry_happy:

Hey, I remember getting that back in 1999! Funnily enough, the stickers on my window piece are all perfectly intact - the actual set itself is a different story :sad: As I was fairly young back then and didn't take as much care of them, pretty much all of my sets pre-2003 have been "assimilated" - basically when I stopped playing with them they were disintegrated within my large boxes of unorganised Lego.

My brother already had one of those boxes of assorted pieces, but the earliest set I can remember getting is this:

51oCmJ6HZJL.jpg

Sadly the minifigure and that cool looking helmet was lost long ago :cry_sad:. I have no idea what happened to it.

My first set was:

6420-1: Mail Carrier

6420-1.jpg

I bought it whilst I was on holiday on the Isle of Wight. It was in a little toyshop in Shanklin. They had Pirate sets still for sale, Shame I wasn't into pirates back then.

The cool Yellow bicycle's front wheel arch got crushed my my dad stepped on it, I haven't got a Lego bicycle since, I really should get one, they were awesome!

565 was my first Lego set. I must have been about 6 when I got this - probably started my obsession with sci-fi Well, this and The Clangers. I reckon I've still got all the bricks (the Ladder's broken) - I should try to rebuild it.

565-1.1121286373.jpg

I don't recall the set number and I cant find it online but it was a basic or universal kit from late 70's early 80's.

The yellow castle and police HQ 381 are one of the second ones I had.

I always wanted fabuland but never had any growing up.

I know I had duplo, but the first set I can vividly remember was this. Got it from 'Sinterklaas'. :grin:

6450-1.jpg

*notice the spelling mistake of 'september' btw... :tongue:

Edited by -zenn

Gosh, that was a long time ago. I got a Primo set as a toddler, but I can't remember anything about it, other than that it had a yellow elephant.

The first I can actually remember receiving was the Arctic Explorer Mobile Base thingy, before that I was into stuff other than LEGO. :cry_sad:

The first set I distinctly remember enough to name off the top of my head was the Droid Developer Kit, which was a simple Mindstorms computer brick with instructions to build a robotic R2-D2. :sweet:

oo difficult one. I have vague memories of some older sets that eventually got mixed in before I kept them separate. Some old space sets, etc. The 2 oldest I can remember is the Police Command center and one of the Shell Stations my uncle sent me. These are both from 1986, I'm sure there was something before that, but I can't recall what it was. I remember an old ambulance..now that I poke around brickset, it might be this guy:

6680-1.jpg I seem to recall those parts (printed wall, those parts for the stretcher)

If it isn't this one its one of these:

6378-1.jpg

6386-1.jpg

Edited by crossmr

Thinking back... it would have to be 4701 sorting hat

51QYJ9PNFML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yes, I was born in 1999, but a fan of lego is a fan of lego, right?

Great thread, recalls some awesome childhood memories. :classic:

I skipped the whole Duplo line as a kid; somebody gave me my first system set as a birthday present (can't remember the exact year), and I've been hooked ever since! It was #1785 - Crater Critters:

1785-1.1105127483.thumb2.jpg

I don't remember what my very first set was, but the first one i got really attached to was 600, the little town police car. I got it as a reward for having my first tooth pulled out - which became something of a habit as i had major tooth overcrowding and the only way my folks could get me into the dentist's chair without a fuss was to bribe me with the promise of a new set! :laugh:

I got a good idea for a new sort of game thing.

My first LEGO set was:

first_lego_set.jpg

NAME: Eagle Stunt Flyer

YEAR: 1996 (yeah, I'm a little bit of a newbie compared to most people here)

RATING: *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* out of *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull*

What was you first set? (roughly following the format in red)

That was the first set I bought for myself! :cry_happy:

My first set overall, must have been either:

1760-1.jpg?0

6314-1.jpg?0

6314, though only two of its figs were mine, the rest belonged to my sister. Unfair parents. :laugh:

6535-1.jpg?0

My first was set 600 with the first real minifigure. Not the most exciting set. My favorite was when I got 6395 Victory Lap raceway, I still have it. Sorry, I can't do pics from my iPhone.

I vaguely remember playing with the early type minifigs, but don't remember what sets I had as a young child.

0254-1.jpg

When I was 9 I received my first large lego set, which I played like crazy. This one -

6980-1.jpg

To this day (almost 30 yrs later) I still remember the blue cockpits.