oo7

Your First LEGO Set

mine was this one, also the first model I pulled out of storage as I got out of my dark ages, and still on display om my model shelf :classic:

456-1.jpg?200512121141

NAME: Spirit of St. Louis

YEAR: 1977

RATING: *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* out of *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull*

Obi-wan's jedi star fighter i'm pretty sure. It's definitely the oldest one I remember.

I'm honestly not sure what my first Lego set was but the one I have the earliest and most vivid memories of was the Blacktron Invader #6894 from about 1987... I'm honestly not sure if I owned this set or my brother, maybe a friend, but I recall thinking it was awesome. Strangley enough, I remember it having a transparent green canopy but it seems it was yellow...

As a TFOL, my first LEGO set was the 3178 City Seaplane. I remember building this set with my dad in our apartment. My first Star Wars set was the 2010 Luke’s Landspeeder.

1 hour ago, Toastie said:

My first set was 323

Don't recall that train coming with Classic spacemen. :grin:

1 hour ago, Toastie said:

that is me "in" the photograph

A fine looking chap indeed.

You know, the wood of that shelf is older than dirt me - my father brought the planks home when he was doing reconstruction work on (very) old houses in that (very) small town we lived back then, for unknown purposes, maybe burning them in the stove. When I turned (about) 13 years old, I was allowed to use his tools - along with a Bosch jigsaw ... and made this shelf 47 years ago. It since travelled with the family ...

Yeah, the space men ... (small) LEGO sets were part of my younger life. Then there was a little decade +/- few years of disorientation, and then it began all over :)

Thanks a lot,
Thorsten

13 hours ago, Toastie said:

made this shelf 47 years ago. It since travelled with the family

Sounds like the shelf has had some wild adventures.

13 hours ago, Toastie said:

LEGO sets were part of my younger life.

One of the best toys out there for a small child. :pir-thumb:

9 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

One of the best toys out there for a small child

I absolutely agree.

Best wishes,
Thorsten

I can't remember my first owned lego set, but the first lego set I played with was a safari figure with a safari jeep. It wasn't like the types of jeeps I see of the safari sets, there... It was 1 figure, and had a map piece installed onto it. It was more like a United Kingdom well-watcher pith helmet figure type of thing. I don't know how to think of naming those things.

Edited by Viper Knight
changed "what" with "how" in the last sentence.

My first LEGO set was Forbidden Island. I love the old Pirates theme! I had the Big Red Bucket of Bricks for free building/MOCs but actual set-wise, this was probably my first:

NAME: 6270 Forbidden Island

YEAR: 1989

RATING: 💀💀💀💀💀out of💀💀💀💀💀 (5/5)

It's still my favourite set. I spent many happy hours playing Pirate baddies!

On 1/22/2023 at 5:42 PM, Viper Knight said:

I can't remember my first owned lego set, but the first lego set I played with was a safari figure with a safari jeep. It wasn't like the types of jeeps I see of the safari sets, there... It was 1 figure, and had a map piece installed onto it. It was more like a United Kingdom well-watcher pith helmet figure type of thing. I don't know how to think of naming those things.

Probably this set ? 2995

2995-1.jpg?199807061200

Edited by TeriXeri

On 3/7/2023 at 8:52 AM, TeriXeri said:

Probably this set ? 2995

2995-1.jpg?199807061200

Similar. Perhaps it was a personal build. There was no skeleton or scorpion, just the 1 Figure and the automobile. I feel it was smaller, and that map was the 'extra' module on the automobile.

Sheesh i dont think i can even remember the first, had countless sets when i was a kid!

On 7/12/2006 at 12:31 AM, oo7 said:

first_lego_set.jpg

NAME: Eagle Stunt Flyer

YEAR: 1996 (yeah, I'm a little bit of a newbie compared to most people here)

I had this set too and I loved it so much! Need to look for the parts, maybe I could reassemble it again...

Anyway, for me I think the first one I got just for myself was this one, or at least this was the first set that I remembered extreeemely well. My dad and me playing with this set on a sunny sunday morning... memories which last forever :sweet: 
 6662-1.jpg

NAME: Backhoe (6662)

YEAR: 1992

PARTS: 85

RATING: ***** out of ***** (yes, totally biased by nostalgic feelings :grin:)

Mine was lego tri wheel https://flic.kr/p/2oxUiNF

Blacktron 1991, 39 pieces.

And it's funny because i have still all pieces, even if i have lost some of my following sets.

Edited by CDKiii