oo7

Your First LEGO Set

My first set was 6450 mobile police truck:

6450-1.jpg

I got Guarded Inn the next year and played with it like crazy. I was around seven then.

6067-1.jpg

My first LEGO (non-Duplo) set was 555.

555-2-966217654.jpg

Of course, a few months later I got 6929 and 375/6075 which I considered to be far cooler sets.

6929-1-1004645897.jpg6075-2-970093156.jpg

Glad I caught this second time around. My first set was an old DUPLO train (blue base, red base cars) or a farm tractor (red bottom, blue top). Both where from '89-'91. I am not sure what their specific year or set number.

My first regular kit was 1638 Basic Bucket (blue)

1638-1.jpg

and System set 1896 Trauma Team default_classic.gif

4_sale_1896_tt.jpg

Which I now have 5 of default_wacko.gif

The first LEGO set I remember getting was 6829 Radon Rover.

I absolutely loved it, although, in hindsight, I kinda wish my parents had got me some Fright Knights instead. :laugh:

Unfortunately, I've lost many of the pieces, including the robot minifig. :sad:

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

My first set was 190-1 Farm Set http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/190_Farm_Set

250px-190-Farm_Set.jpg

Date: 1975 (It was probably like 1978 when I got it though)

I still have the pieces and probably the instructions in deep storage.

Soon thereafter, I got: (Well, my sister and I probably each got 1 that Christmas but they both ended up as mine because I was the bigger Lego fan going forward)

261 Bathroom http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/261_Bathroom (date 1979)

185px-261_Bathroom.jpg

269 Kitchen http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/269_Kitchen (date 1973)

250px-269-1.jpg

If memory serves right, the very first set I was given was this one:

6524-1.jpg

It's 6524 Blizzard Blazer from 1988.

I think I was about 4 or 5 when I got it, and I guess I didn't know the meaning of the word 'building instructions' yet: I stacked all the pieces on top of each other, then went to my mom and asked her why it wouldn't look like the image on the box :laugh: .

I got hooked ever since, and not a single Christmas or birthday passed without a box of Lego on the gift table. Until my dark ages began, that is.

Fun topic! I'm not sure how I missed this. Anyway, I was pretty rough on toys back in the day. I had lots of G.I. Joes that ended up being shot at by bb guns or having their fortress bombed by firecrackers. When I got my first Lego train set however, I was very careful with it and didn't allow my friends to play with it. Over the years, regrettably, I had forgotten about Lego until recently when the Emerald Night came out. I am hoping most of the pieces are at my parents house and someday I will have to make the trip over there to dig around for old 7722.

My first set, 7722 from Christmas 1985ish?

7722-1.jpg

My revival set, 10194 Lego Store Christmas sale 25 years later. Amazing how they've changed. I was instantly hooked! :blush:

10194-1.jpg

My first lego set was a Fabuland one! Think it came second hand from my cousin. Still got it! :D

post-22413-13361463652.jpg

My Gramma bought me my first few LEGOs. In 1986, I got #1572 super tow truck. I still Have it. I still have all my LEGOs. I always kept them clean and organized in seperate zipper bags for each set, with minifigs and the instructions. :laugh: