Sign in to follow this  
Kai NRG

Musician’s Talent Fair – Mini-Challenge (Winners Announced)

25245529959_7d722a6004.jpg

To the outsiders, the Merchant’s Colonial Trading Company may look like a profit grubbing organization, but in reality, we’re interested in a lot more than just money. And Eslandian culture is one of those things that is high up on our priority list. That’s why, every year, we sponsor a recurring Musician’s Talent Fair. Come on over to Bardo and join in the fun!

Rules:

• Your entry must showcase a musician performing for the Musician’s Talent Fair.
  • Your entry must be located in Bardo (post in the Bardo settlement thread).
  • You must provide a link to your entry below.
  • You must submit your entry by the 25th of March, 12:00 PM, your time zone.
  • Your entry must measure 8 studs in width and length.
  • There is no height restriction.
  • Your entry may only have a minimal (2 stud) overhang.
  • Only one prize maximum will be awarded per entrant.
  • Prizes will be paid in April, not March.
  • We’re looking for quality, not quantity, so you may only submit a maximum of two entries.
  • You must be a BoBS member to participate, but you can belong to any faction.

Prizes:

• A panel of judges, including the leader of MCTC and the mayor of Bardo, will judge all entries and choose a select number of favorites to be exhibited on the front of this year’s Musician’s Talent Fair Paper.
  • One winning entry with be awarded 20 DBs.
  • The best MCTC entry will be awarded 20 DBs as well.
  • Every entry chosen for the newspaper will be awarded 2 DBs.

Great idea guys, but the deadline is really close, wich may make IT hard to enter...

Great idea guys, but the deadline is really close, wich may make IT hard to enter...

I don't know about you, but I think 17 days is plenty long enough to build an 8x8. I mean, 17 minutes would probably be long enough for some people! pirate_wink.gif

But anyways, we wanted to give people the last few days of the month free so they could work on their challenge entries! :thumbup:

Do we use the Freebuild Webform when registering builds for this challenge?

I will get back to you on that.

Do we use the Freebuild Webform when registering builds for this challenge?

As I had kind of thought already - entries to this mini-challenge (like entries to the other challenges) do not count as free-builds.

Four days left to enter! Start the band playing!

The contest is now closed - I'm looking forward to judging these entries! We will try to have the results out shortly.

The Bardo Bands are Back!

The Official Musician's Talent Fair Paper

This year, the editors are happy to announce that the MCTC Musician's Talent Fair has been a pleasing success; with quite a few participating musicians from Eslandola and even a Sea Rat! Exotic and unusual instruments abounded... from live drums to bagpipes to organs!

26108376216_1389501bcc_z.jpg

Note: the above MOCs are by @TitusV, @Legostone, @Phadeout, @Capt Wolf, @dr_spock. Each one will be awarded 2 DBs in recognition of publication.

In conjunction with the Mayor of Bardo, @Sir Stig the MCTC is pleased to award first place to @Legostone with his amazing organ, Is Gold an Instrument?

The highest scoring MCTC entry was @Capt Wolf's The Amazing Amadeus and his One-Man Band!

Congratulations!

Both of those two entries will be awarded 20 DBs (in April, not in March).

A round of applause for our winners and our thanks to all participants!

Woo-hoo! I didn't expect to win top MCTC honors, as there were several strong entries. Congrats to Legostone for his overall win with his wonderful gold organ! Congrats also to all who participated, and Amadeus says "Bananas for everyone!"

Congratz to both the winners and to the MCTC for the wonderful competition. And to all participants for amusing and alternative entries!

Congrats to the winners, I'm very happy to have gotten an honourable mention - I have to say as soon as I saw legostone's entry I knew we had first place decided, that was spot on. pir_laugh2.gif

I'm thankful that I won! Thanks everyone, I'll put those 22(or 20?) DBs to good use! And congrats to all other winners, especially Capt Wolf with his first place in the MCTC!

Edit: Great, 22 DB for me!

Edited by Legostone

I'm thankful that I won! Thanks everyone, I'll put those 22(or 20?) DBs to good use! And congrats to all other winners, especially Capt Wolf with his first place in the MCTC!

22. pirate_laugh2.gif

Although I didn't enter, I have really enjoyed following this competition which led to some really fun builds. I hope we will have some more like this in the future which require small builds, forcing everyone to be really imaginative and fun with their entries. 2 very worthy winners certainly, although I don't think there was a single bad entry in it.