appiah4

(Kitbashing?) Pop culture minifigures..

Kitbashing, in reference to another hobby of mine, is using bits and pieces of different kits to build a model to represent a wholly different figure.. I don't know if the term applies to minifigures, or if there is a different term for this, but I want to kitbash a couple of pop culture minifigures as a gift. Specifically, I want to kitbash Dexter Morgan and Debra Morgan (Dexter), Walter White and Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad) and Olivia Dunham and Walter Bishop (Fringe). I'm quite new to collecting minifigures and bricklinking, so I thought I would ask Eurobricks' suggestions as to which legs, torsos, heads, hair/hats and accessories would probably work best for representing these characters.

I apologize if this is not really the best place to ask but it seemed to be the most relevant :)

It would probably help if you mentioned in the thread's title the minifigs you're trying to create, e.g. "Help needed to MOC Dexter and Debra Morgan, Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, Olivia Dunham and Walter Bishop." I'm not sure if all that would fit in a title. If not, I would list the main ones and add "and others".

You should also specify whether you want to create purist minifigures, i.e. only using LEGO parts as sold or non-purist ones. If non-purist, are you willing to alter parts, e.g. remove print, and/or use third party parts? You should also state whether you have a preference for fleshy, i.e. natural skin tones, or yellow, i.e. classic LEGO skin tone, or whether you don't mind which.

Sorry I can't answer your question more directly. I have no idea who those characters are. :blush: Links to pictures might help.

Edited by AmperZand

Those characters listed would primarily need civilian clothes, except maybe Walter/Jesse who could benefit from a hazmat suit from the CMF line. With that said, given the basic nature of the looks, it should be easy to find the parts. The only tricky part would be the heads. Walter would need a goatee, while everyone else would be really basic.

My only concern would be to make basic, generic minifigures that can look enough to be recognizable. I mean, Olivia is just a girl in basic clothes, Walter Bishop is just an old guy in basic clothes. Might be hard to pull off.

Well.. Going character by character, any pointers towards which sets/figures could contain the following would be great:

Dexter Morgan (Day): Short sleeved, light colored shirt, tan colored pants, dark orange ruffled hair, any neutral face with a slight stubble, camera as accessory. Could alternatively wear a white lab coat on top.

Dexter Morgan (Night): Olive green long sleeved sweater with buttons at the neck, preferrably last few open. Light brown or Olive Green pants with pockets on the legs, black gloves, knife as accessory. Alternatively, could wear a brown/black apron on top.

Debra Morgan: Basically a dark grey/black business suit/skirt, maybe with a police badge on it, pretty female face, black long straight hair, handgun

Walter Bishop: Long sleeved jumper over shirt, preferrably in dark earth tones, dark grey pants, elder clean shaven face, grey ruffled hair. Alternatively could be dressed in white lab coat or a brown woolen coat over the sweater.

Olivia Dunham: Same as Debra Morgan but blonde long straight hair in pony tail and a light grey business suit/pants

Walter White: Shirt, dark colored jacket, dark colored pants, pork pie hat, shades, head with goatee and serious look, money and handgun.. Alternatively, same dude in yellow hazmat suits..

Jesse Pinkman: Basically very loose skater clothes, blond very short hair and a stubble..

That helps? :)

I wouldnt call it kitbashing, but building a fig. I enjoyed Dexter a lot. I cant help you built the figs, but here is the normal procedure. Go to bricklink, open the cataloque, go to the minifig, torso category. Scroll a lot, look at hundreds of torsos. Decide. Check price. Repeat with legs. Repeat with heads. Repeat with hair. Make a wanted list on bricklink. Use the "by shop" feature to show the shops that have your Parts. Compare prices. Order. Celebrate. Realize that the chase is better than the catch.