"Please don't take it apart, it is so well playable", was what my wife said when I announced that I would like to significantly modify this fortress:

25499641841_24386d3889_c.jpg

So I added a few Eslandolean touches to a build that I'm showing here for the first time (but it has been played with a number of times).

25224820239_b62e2cf9ed_c.jpg

Then an Admiral appeared, inspecting his soldiers...

25566218966_74d4e1bd93_c.jpg

... and some guy met up with another strange guy... :pir-laugh:

24961869124_c9ceacb3ae_c.jpg

And you can see on the sides that this was actually meant to be part of a larger layout.

25224814269_a6e351dcce_c.jpg

My problem is that I don't do those raised baseplates anymore ... and sand is now "tan" for me not "yellow". :pir-grin:

But as I have said, I cannot take it apart...

25296723440_6b2c9472c1_c.jpg

As this is a modular build I can actually take it apart! :pir_laugh2:

And there you have it: An Eslandolean Fortress on Nelissa!

C&C Welcome!

More and larger pics can be found on flickr.

Hey... it's the Eslandorado Fortress!! :pir-wub:

It looks great, and you're not kidding about the play features with that modular design. I like the overall design and colorscheme, and it would compliment the classic sets well. Good work.

The question remains: is KB the "some guy" and you the "strange guy" or vice versa? :grin:

It IS that playable after all!! A nice fort that with the addition of some greenery (soldiers) looks really pleasant to the eye! I have that thing with the sand as well... Wasn't it beautiful when sand was yellow...???

Nice build which would certainly dominate any town or island. Looks the part as well; a fortress rather than a mediaval castle, and a great colour scheme. And I love the green soldiery. By the way, in preparation for my current build I have been looking at lots of beach pictures and discovered sand can range from dark yellow to pure white, so that seems fine. For me the only weakness here is the sea, but as I am only starting to learn how to create Lego sea myself, I can offer no advice, sorry!

It's sooooooooooo playable! pir_laugh2.gif

It is, it is!

Hey... it's the Eslandorado Fortress!! :pir-wub:

It looks great, and you're not kidding about the play features with that modular design. I like the overall design and colorscheme, and it would compliment the classic sets well. Good work.

The question remains: is KB the "some guy" and you the "strange guy" or vice versa? :grin:

That will depend on your point of view. Did you see that CD in the background?

It IS that playable after all!! A nice fort that with the addition of some greenery (soldiers) looks really pleasant to the eye! I have that thing with the sand as well... Wasn't it beautiful when sand was yellow...???

Yes, it was beautiful. But now you use dark tan for the wet sand and tan for the dry sand (and you sell off all your yellow bricks... goodbye yellow brick sand)

Nice build which would certainly dominate any town or island. Looks the part as well; a fortress rather than a mediaval castle, and a great colour scheme. And I love the green soldiery. By the way, in preparation for my current build I have been looking at lots of beach pictures and discovered sand can range from dark yellow to pure white, so that seems fine. For me the only weakness here is the sea, but as I am only starting to learn how to create Lego sea myself, I can offer no advice, sorry!

Thank you - let's see what your next sand will look like.

But who are these two fellows? :laugh:

No, great build!

Who knows? pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

Really nice fort with so much playability !

Your wife is right, don't take it apart ! Haha ! :)

It has a real nostalgic atmosphere. Good work !

This is actually not too bad. However, you could easily exchange the yellow for tan without taking the whole thing apart!

I like it, especially the fort layout with the courtyard. I guess you are right sand isn't really bright yellow, but I like the nostaglia. You can get green sand (like on Hawaii) so maybe Eslandola needs an island with green sands.

Nice fortress with a lot of nice details - and it does look really playable - I can imagine kids having hours of fun with this fortress! :pir-grin: (And by kids, I mean... erhm... myself... :pir-laugh: )

It does seem a little low on firepower, with only one gun, but there seems to be room for 2 or 4 more in the lower levels of the main tower? The cranes, the different rooms and courtyards, and all the action is great - well done!

PS. The yellow sand and the general utilitarian simplicity of this somehow wishes me back to simpler times, when yellow was sand and tiles were a rarity! :pir-blush:

Nice build. It looks fun to play with a cargo ship unloading or a pirate ship shooting at it.

With a mischievous monkey around, it is plausible to have yellow sand. There is a saying here, "Don't eat the yellow snow." In this case, the yellowed sand. :laugh:

That is a very nice fort. Digging the modular playable aspect as well.

Yepp pirate_satisfied.gif

I really like builds that are playable.

Looks like it could make it as a Lego set.

Could have been a set in the 90s (but with that Indiana Jones baseplate it would move into this century) - maybe it is made of too many bricks...

That's really cool!

pirate_laugh2.gif

Really nice fort with so much playability !

Your wife is right, don't take it apart ! Haha ! :)

It has a real nostalgic atmosphere. Good work !

Nostalgic - yes!

This is actually not too bad. However, you could easily exchange the yellow for tan without taking the whole thing apart!

Yepp, I could. But did I tell you that there is a secret trap door in the middle of the yellow island?

I like it, especially the fort layout with the courtyard. I guess you are right sand isn't really bright yellow, but I like the nostaglia. You can get green sand (like on Hawaii) so maybe Eslandola needs an island with green sands.

Green sand? I'd stick with yellow! pir_laugh2.gif

Nice fortress with a lot of nice details - and it does look really playable - I can imagine kids having hours of fun with this fortress! :pir-grin: (And by kids, I mean... erhm... myself... :pir-laugh: )

It does seem a little low on firepower, with only one gun, but there seems to be room for 2 or 4 more in the lower levels of the main tower? The cranes, the different rooms and courtyards, and all the action is great - well done!

PS. The yellow sand and the general utilitarian simplicity of this somehow wishes me back to simpler times, when yellow was sand and tiles were a rarity! :pir-blush:

This has been played with many times, I can assure you pirate_laugh2.gif

Nice build. It looks fun to play with a cargo ship unloading or a pirate ship shooting at it.

With a mischievous monkey around, it is plausible to have yellow sand. There is a saying here, "Don't eat the yellow snow." In this case, the yellowed sand. :laugh:

I'd be more careful regarding dark tan/dark yellow then.... pirate_laugh_new.gif

Ahh, when sand still was yellow... we must have grown old...

Captain, this has it all: nostalgia, lookout barrel, monkey, strange dudes... Just have one thing to say: Please don't take it apart!

Oh, and where is that other shady character, that scoundrel going by the name of 'CD'? Still don't know what that fellow looks like. And I'd love to shamelessly misuse default_devil_laugh.gif gratefully include him into my creations default_innocent.gif

Ahh, when sand still was yellow... we must have grown old...

Captain, this has it all: nostalgia, lookout barrel, monkey, strange dudes... Just have one thing to say: Please don't take it apart!

Oh, and where is that other shady character, that scoundrel going by the name of 'CD'? Still don't know what that fellow looks like. And I'd love to shamelessly misuse default_devil_laugh.gif gratefully include him into my creations default_innocent.gif

Thanks. I would also like to see the avatar of the infamous CD...

As to my MOC: I understand now that I can not take it apart.

I might be able to discuss and agree some minor modifications ... pirate_blush.gif

Just scrolling over your builds, you have really nice MOCS!

I would add to the fact that I would compliment this fortress in a brick film just to show its beauty, it truly is quite the fortress.

-Divine.

Just scrolling over your builds, you have really nice MOCS!

I hope so! pirate_laugh2.gif

I would add to the fact that I would compliment this fortress in a brick film just to show its beauty, it truly is quite the fortress.

-Divine.

Ok, feel free.

(But I would build it differently now, if I was allowed to. pir_laugh2.gif

Wonderful fortress with a strong classic feel! Love the similarities to the old Eldorado fortress. But there are also a few neat updates. Especially that large window on the inside. Great work!

Wonderful fortress with a strong classic feel! Love the similarities to the old Eldorado fortress. But there are also a few neat updates. Especially that large window on the inside. Great work!

Thanks. pirate_satisfied.gif

I like that large window - and I really would like to update more. But as the title has suggested: the fortress will remain untouched for the time being pirate_laugh2.gif