So, new update. A small one.

There are some things that worked out well, and some that didn't. So, bad things first:

• The lifting boom does not reach low enough at all. I am waiting for a 13L liftarm, which will compensate the length by 4 studs, but even then it is to low. The problem is, I cant make the cilinders extend any further, since that will bring them over their "dead point". If the boom is then taken back up, the LA's will tare the whole chassis apart.
  • The pendular suspension on the first axle is removed. This because I needed the space.
  • I am running low on building space. The gearbox is taking up a lot of room, and the motors take the rest. The BB will be outside the cabin. Ugly, but the only option.
  • The "X-frame" is not for sure a component of this truck. It's all about the space...

Good things:

• The studded parts of the truck did work out very well IMO. I am not finished with the rear, but the side did come out very lovely.
  • The gearbox and the LA's work very very smoothly, need to test the drive though.

Still some poor, unedited photos :cry_sad:

29316255505_e9505f85e5_c.jpg

29028366800_591dac3a67_c.jpg

29028372020_60fd445cee_c.jpg

29282703086_09964b4e9f_c.jpg

Edited by jgw

Hi i solved the problem of the arm action range on a truck i build some time ago. Go to my youtube Chanel to check if m'y solution can éventualy work for you. It use 3 actuators with on working in contrario of the two others....

Hi i solved the problem of the arm action range on a truck i build some time ago.

You indeed solved it. It is a very very clever mechanism! But sadly I can't use it. Too little space for it...

Okay, a new update!

This update is quite drastical, but worth it IMO. It is seen from my position a logical step. The project was in the end not turning out as I wanted it to be. Everything turned out very smooth, but then I connected the drive. The whole

drivetrain was based on U-Joints, strangled in all weird positions you can imagine. This resulted in a very fragile drivetrain. The rear differentials were supported by 2 O-frames, but the scale made it so that I couldn't place a small turnable between them. So the weight of the rear of the truck pressed on a single 4L axle. Now all of you know this wouldn't work, and it didn't indeed. On top of that, I was not able to gear down the 2 L-motors, so the torque wasn't great

either.

I had to come up with a solution, and I happely did find it yesterday.

I removed the already poor performing pendular suspension, Which resulted in one layer of space more. Doesn't sound much, but it fixed a lot! The drive is now going in a straight line. The LA's are placed one stud lower, which means that the boom performes lovely now, it can almost touch the ground! And, who knows, there may be some place for that container attachment, albeit manually.

Got a new phone, so better pictures in bad light!

Don't mind me in the window :sceptic:

29320449263_586676140e_c.jpg

29832805232_1276a0584a_c.jpg

29863538531_e9c227522b_c.jpg

29319529104_8de82099ca_c.jpg

Let me know: big wheelcovers or small ones?

Edited by jgw
added pictures