Sign in to follow this  
Phadeout

[ESL - CH2 Cat A] Dedicated, Professional Soldiery

Whoa... now that is dedicated professionalism alright! :pir-laugh:

But seriously, when you're a guard/soldier with no enemies to fight and no one to guard, and a crate of rum sitting under your feet, what can you do? :pir-grin:

Overall the build reminds me of a remake of some of the classic sets: small outpost, a cannon, a few men and their accessories, etc. It looks nice, and from the looks of things I'm guessing it would be a popular post.

Good work and a fine challenge entry. :classic:

Very nice entry and great outpost here, the roof is particularly neat, and I like the additions of the leaves and cat up there! pirate_wink.gifpir_laugh2.gif A few tiles mixed in with the sand would improve the look generally, as well as tiling the stairs and base of the outpost, but this is a good and neat entry overall! pirate_classic.gif

Altough I like the build, I can not agree with the story! :laugh:

Great rockwork, keep it up!

Looks like your soldiers have plenty of supplies, I don't blame them for chilling out!

Seems they got it all covered pirate_laugh_new.gif

Well, a goog soldier knows when to recreate, right? pirate_wink.gif

Good job!

Just... why is bathtub guy so mad at his banana?

Great build, and a pretty realistic view of 18th century garrison life in peace time I reckon. Some of the stories from the early Amercan military outposts are fairly shocking; duelling, brawling, drunkeness, insubordination and open conspiracy against the government.

'A few tiles mixed in with the sand would improve the look generally' says Garmadon. But it looks fine to me; I don't know why so many builders here are obsessed with loads of texture? We have plenty of beaches round here which are just miles of plain flat sand (shameless plug for Northumbria's tourist industry!).

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

...'A few tiles mixed in with the sand would improve the look generally' says Garmadon. But I don't know why so many builders here are obsessed with loads of texture? We have plenty of beaches round here which are just miles of plain flat sand (note the blatant plug for Northumbria's tourist industry!).

Erm, "flat" is kind of what I was talking about pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Just... why is bathtub guy so mad at his banana?

Oh, the statements you can find on Eurobricks!! :grin:

KB, you should get that printed on a bumper sticker and put it on your car. :pir-laugh: (The literal wording strikes me as funny, not the suggestive interpretation. Who gets mad at a banana? :laugh: )

Oh, the statements you can find on Eurobricks!! :grin:

KB, you should get that printed on a bumper sticker and put it on your car. :pir-laugh: (The literal wording strikes me as funny, not the suggestive interpretation. Who gets mad at a banana? :laugh: )

Ahahahahahahahahaha! I havent noticed the angry look of his towards the banana! Build is nice and so is the life of those pour souls left to rot at this outpost!

Everyone needs some time off once in a while. That's a good slice-of-life build, though the size of the build makes it seem a little underpopulated.

These guys need to join us Sea rats.

If our guys are not doing this, they're not Sea Rat-ing right pir_laugh2.gif

That's certainly not what I was expecting. Good job on the overall build. There are some good details throughout the build, such as the small rocks and the moss on the larger rock formations.

I sure hope they have another crate of rum stashed away somewhere. There's no way 6 bottles will last for long.

Nice little fort, and (by Eslandian standards, I am sure) some very professional soldiers! :pir-wink:

I like the landscaping, and the idea of placing a cannon on top of a small cliff is as simple as it gets!

I hope the lookout isn't mistaking that bottle for a looking glass! In that case, he will presently be pouring rum into his eyes, which I am told can be quite painful! :pir-grin: (My father actually did this once - raising the wrong hand, and pouring the contents of a bottle out over himself... I laughed... :pir-tongue: )

Nice entry!