I am looking for some suggestions.

My daughter is building the Mars Rover set (go here for the details: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98222) for a presentation at school and I told her I would help make it operate by remote control with one of the power function kits. Problem is that it is a lot more complex than I thought. (I have no experience at the expert LEGO building).

I think I can maybe get it moving with a remote, receiver, and simple motor attached to one wheel, but I do not have any idea how to do the steering and don’t know how to move any of the other functions (camera, antenna, robotic arm). see

It was not designed to be converted to power functions / motorized.

Here is a photo of the underside:

brickpicker_set_7471_2.jpg

I am not sure the easiest / best way to add power for drive and steering.

It just has to move a little bit in the classroom, not drive outdoors in all terrain.

I posted in another forum and a member suggested that I post here.

Any suggestions to help me figure out what I need to do and what to buy to easily make this work would be much appreciated.

Thanks much!

If you get rid partially from manual steering it looks like there is some space inside for two M-motors (one for drive, another for steering) and small Battery Box. Sorry, I couldn't help you with exact steps.

Try motorizing the middle wheels of each side with one M motor, and connecting the steering of the model to a servo motor. That should be the easiest way. By the looks of it there is room enough in the model itself for the Motors atleast. Don't know about the Batterybox tough, if you have the train-battery i'd use that one since its a bit smaller. http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-AAA-Battery-Box-88000

Edited by AlphaX

Don't know about the Batterybox tough, if you have the train-battery i'd use that one since its a bit smaller.

Or a MiniZip?

Thanks to everyone for your responses, I appreciate it.

Keep them coming!

Maybe you can copy ppung daddy, this is the the video:

I would love to copy this, but I cannot figure out how he did it merely from that video. If anyone else can, I am all ears!