Sign in to follow this  
robinnilsson403

[OL - FB1] Returning to Breshaun

Lan Bashere and his apprentice Gawyn has returned to LeBellan in order to meet Aludra, who hopefully will be able to help them out with problems regarding the gunpowder used in the new colonies.

24955125903_3ecec3b0f8.jpg

"Finally back ashore!" Lan said. "I don't really like ships."

"It was a long time since I saw so many people." Gawyn answered. "How are we going to find Aludra?"

"Well, I know where her workshop is. We just have to walk to the other side of the town."

"Ah..."

25463224602_d8c245f7a0.jpg

"But master Lan... Perhaps we could get a little something to eat before? The bread on the ship was always full of weevils."

"Boy, do you think I'm made of money? We can eat after we find Aludra."

And so Lan and Gawyn began navigating the streets of Breshaun.

This is my first freebuild this month, showing a part of the port in Breshaun. The Tan building has a bakery in the bottom floor with living quarters on the second floor. The sand green building is a warehouse, with some shady business going on with the newly arrived apples and peppers on the ground floor, and a street merchant out front, showing some tools for the passers by.

And Yes, I need more windows. :pir-blush:

Critics and comments are welcome!

25463230812_c78e07d516.jpg

More photos can be found at my Flickr page.

Nice, I like the characters by the water's edge, especially the guy with the cross, very Oleon. The dark water gives the build an interesting feel and I like the mix of colours you've used :-)

But what's going on above the bakery?

Very nice scene. Both buildings look good except for the "missing window" in the top floor of the bakery. The bakery itself looks great and the warehouse is nicely detailed inside. You've got a lot going on all the way around. The slopes on the top of the pier look really neat and I like the color of the water. Good work with both the build and the story. :classic:

I'm wondering the same thing...

Nice scene!

The docks look really nice, plenty of minifigs doing things, the flowers in the left building are a very nice touch.

It’s a shame one of the windows is missing but you said you need more of those so that’s alright. An idea would be to put the window in the middle of the building then.

Lovely build and scene pirate_wubnew.gif

Great choice of colors, good action going on, and our 'French' heritage simply calls for bakeries pirate_satisfied.gif

The mugger must be a disguised Corrie pirate_tong.gif

Breshaun is well in need for commercial properties thumbup.gif

Cool build, and altough I'd recomment adding some texture to the walls, you've got some cool interiors! Keep it up!

Guys, it's obviously a robbery! This merchant looks terrified in the appearance of the knife!

On the build now, i love the bustling street, the right building's roof (cleverly using two different sloped angles), the water that looks stunning and the overall solidity and "clean" look of this MOC!

Great to see more of Breshaun!

It seems like the city is a well-established trading gateway to the New World :classic:

The busy feeling you've created with a lot happening in different places is really good, and I really like the green house!

The tan house looks a bit out of proportion with too small windows and too high ceiling on the upper storey, larger windows and an attic inside would probably have looked more realistic.

Edited by Gideon

Great scene with a lot happening. Good work and thanks for sharing and growing Breshaun. :thumbup:

What's the green building for? Is it a general goods store?

I didn't even notice the 'missing' windows until they were mentioned. Really good street scene with plenty of things going on in and out of the buildings.

Very nice, clean build, and the interior is a great added bonus. Plenty of Oleandish details that really help to set the scene, and I like the subtle texturing along the quay. As mentioned above, the buildings' exteriors could use a little work, but it still looks very nice.

Not sure about the trans-black for the water. Maybe for some polluted Corringlandish town, but it's really not the best representation of our pristine waters pir_laugh2.gif.

Nice, I like the characters by the water's edge, especially the guy with the cross, very Oleon. The dark water gives the build an interesting feel and I like the mix of colours you've used :-)

Thanks! Senator Palpatine has switched occupation. :pir-grin:

Very nice scene. Both buildings look good except for the "missing window" in the top floor of the bakery. The bakery itself looks great and the warehouse is nicely detailed inside. You've got a lot going on all the way around. The slopes on the top of the pier look really neat and I like the color of the water. Good work with both the build and the story. default_classic.gif

I'm wondering the same thing...

Thank you! I mostly stole the bakery from the Elves set. I bought it just to get a door and a window quick, so why not use some other parts? :pir-wink:

Nice scene!

The docks look really nice, plenty of minifigs doing things, the flowers in the left building are a very nice touch.

It’s a shame one of the windows is missing but you said you need more of those so that’s alright. An idea would be to put the window in the middle of the building then.

The flowers was my girlfriends idea. It sure looks more alive with such a small thing.

I considered having the window in the middle, but I thought it looked ever more weird.

Lovely build and scene :pir-wub:

Great choice of colors, good action going on, and our 'French' heritage simply calls for bakeries :pir-sweet:

The mugger must be a disguised Corrie :pir-tongue:

Breshaun is well in need for commercial properties :thumbup:

Ah, just wait until I can publish the next part of the story. Then you will hear about those pesky Corries!

Cool build, and altough I'd recomment adding some texture to the walls, you've got some cool interiors! Keep it up!

Thanks! I'll try to remember that for the next build!

Guys, it's obviously a robbery! This merchant looks terrified in the appearance of the knife!

On the build now, i love the bustling street, the right building's roof (cleverly using two different sloped angles), the water that looks stunning and the overall solidity and "clean" look of this MOC!

Roofs is a thing I need to practice, and I need more techniques for it. I simply used the slopes I had.

Great to see more of Breshaun!

It seems like the city is a well-established trading gateway to the New World default_classic.gif

The busy feeling you've created with a lot happening in different places is really good, and I really like the green house!

The tan house looks a bit out of proportion with too small windows and too high ceiling on the upper storey, larger windows and an attic inside would probably have looked more realistic.

So true! Next time I'll try some other technique for the roof so it gets less of a slope, making it not so tall. An attic would have been a good idea too. Thanks!

Great scene with a lot happening. Good work and thanks for sharing and growing Breshaun. thumbup.gif

What's the green building for? Is it a general goods store?

Thanks!

It's a warehouse for good being unloaded from ships, and then sold to local merchants.

I didn't even notice the 'missing' windows until they were mentioned. Really good street scene with plenty of things going on in and out of the buildings.

Thanks! €70 worth of windows is ordered, but I'll need more types.

Very nice, clean build, and the interior is a great added bonus. Plenty of Oleandish details that really help to set the scene, and I like the subtle texturing along the quay. As mentioned above, the buildings' exteriors could use a little work, but it still looks very nice.

Not sure about the trans-black for the water. Maybe for some polluted Corringlandish town, but it's really not the best representation of our pristine waters :pir_laugh2:.

Thank you. I'll try to get some good contrast colours in the upcoming builds.

I used trans-black mainly because I don't have so much regular trans tiles, but as it is a harbour area the water should be deep(ish). Now in hindsight I should have added a few small waves.

Thank you so much for all the comments so far! :pir_laugh2:

Great quayside build, RN. I like the little landing ramp, and the posts for mooring along the quay, and those buildings look very nice! (I am perfectly willing to disregard the temporary lack of windows :pir-tongue: )

The liveliness of the whole scene is great too, and I like the minifigs.

As for suggestions, I too think a lower roof or an attic would make the bakery look more balanced and realistic, and I would suggest some sort of crane sticking out from the top window on the warehouse. (Like this)

Using tiles for water makes it look far too calm for my tastes, unless it is iced over or a small pond, so I would suggest plates instead.

All in all, really cool build - will be following your story further! :pir-blush: