Sign in to follow this  
Mr Greeble

Knight Faction - Bears

I didn't really know what forum to put this in, so mods, move if you feel it is needed.

After snatching up three of the Frightening Knight Minifigs today, I realized that this means there is a new faction in the castle world. The Bear Clan.

What fig combos and MOCs can we come up with for this new faction?

It will be kinda hard to see MOCs with the Bear Clan because we only have 1 shield and that's it.

Not even the Frightening Knight armor has the Bear heraldry on it

(And I think this could be discussed here) :classic:

There is already this too ...

48494pb04.jpg

And if you want to combine it with a bear "helmet" / head-gear from Chima for the pack leader to either wear over his head, or on top of his helmet, then there is some more to be going on with. And if you don't mind mixing in ice-bear insignia, then there is also a plastic flag banner in Chima too.

It will be kinda hard to see MOCs with the Bear Clan because we only have 1 shield and that's it.

Not even the Frightening Knight armor has the Bear heraldry on it

(And I think this could be discussed here) :classic:

One shield is all you need. This is the only reason KK was in any way useful, and the variety of shields it produced (like the octagonal shield shown above) made it an extremely useful line for army builders like me. Heraldry is great for your unified armies, like the lions, dragons, falcons, etc, but many forces just wore the same color or a colored bandana on an arm to signify allegiance. One shield is all you need, making every new CMF shield a huge boon.

The Chima banner is also a good item to potentially integrate.

I did the obvious thing: I bought 4 brown bears. As soon as I have the time I will customize bear cavallery with bear shields.

I did the obvious thing: I bought 4 brown bears. As soon as I have the time I will customize bear cavallery with bear shields.

This I will also do.

Or.... maybe this is a forshadowing for a Bear faction in the next Castle line :oh:

Or.... maybe this is a forshadowing for a Bear faction in the next Castle line :oh:

Probably a techno-bear in Nexo Knights.

Probably a techno-bear in Nexo Knights.

There will be a normal Castle line at some point

Even if Nexo Knights is around, I don't think TLG will abandon the classic castle line for too long

This I will also do.

Bears cannot take saddles, so some technique will be necessary to make them mountable. I am going to use the "fake leg" technique I used for Snaefellsness the white bear (see my signature).