Sign in to follow this  
kaiju

[SR - March FB1] Haven Common House, Isla del Diablo

The first settlers to the ominously named Isla del Diablo needed somewhere to stay. So it was that they pooled together to build the Haven Common House. A few simple rules, and some common sense, generally keep the peace while the Sea Rats build up their presence and resources on the newly discovered island.

The common house is built from a mix of local wood and timbers removed from damage ships from the flotilla that brought the Sea Rats to the island. Although little more than an overgrown shack it does have a fire pit for cooking - and keeping the residents warm - and a small bell in case of emergencies.

commonhouseb.png

commonhousec.png

commonhoused.png

commonhousee.png

This is a neat design and should translate to real bricks really well. Pity we can't see the inside though. One concern - the fire pit might be dangerously located considering all the wood structure around it. Otherwise this is fine for that setting.

This is a neat design and should translate to real bricks really well. Pity we can't see the inside though. One concern - the fire pit might be dangerously located considering all the wood structure around it. Otherwise this is fine for that setting.

Thanks. I'm trying to stick to the non-extended mode for LDD builds as much as possible though some elements, such as cannons and rigging, aren't available in standard mode. Consequently almost every element I use should be available in some form. To actually build this would probably require some more support in the roof sections. Regarding seeing inside, there isn't much to see aside from some more bedrolls like those you can see in the above pics and a second set of stairs; it's a pretty austere building to be honest. The firepit is placed where it is partly because of how much room the entry steps ended up taking up, and partly to fill an otherwise empty space on the decking.

I may get some pics of the interior later.

Pirates' Party Place thumbup.gif

Solid build. And all is most likely buildable, judging by the parts on first glance. Be careful with the bright light yellow (cool yellow in LDD) concerning tiles, though, as only 1x2 tiles offer sufficient quantity to work in real bricks.

I suggest to cross check with bricklink reference for improved 'realism'.

And you might want to try out rendering, it really improves presentation value.

Good job, keep it up thumbup.gif

Agreed upon.

I really like the woodwork and windows

Pirates' Party Place :thumbup:

Solid build. And all is most likely buildable, judging by the parts on first glance. Be careful with the bright light yellow (cool yellow in LDD) concerning tiles, though, as only 1x2 tiles offer sufficient quantity to work in real bricks.

I suggest to cross check with bricklink reference for improved 'realism'.

And you might want to try out rendering, it really improves presentation value.

Good job, keep it up :thumbup:

Availability of real bricks is less of a concern for me, as I can barely afford the bricks I need to finish off the big(ish) ship I'm working on, so things like this are remaining virtual builds only for the foreseeable future. Though you're right to say using readily available bricks would likely help (a lesson I I have learnt after the issues I had with part of my ship). As for rendering, I have to admit I have no idea how to do that and have yet to look into it. Sometime soon, perhaps.

That said, I'm glad you like the overall build.

Agreed upon.

I really like the woodwork and windows

Thank you. I try to break up large sections that could easily become featureless masses of a single colour, so I always try to mix up the browns a bit when using a lot of them.

Nice looking pirate hostel, Kaiju! It seems like a very roomy place, with a nice view and location!

While it looks very fitting for a colonial environment, I wonder why they would opt for the more complicated option of building so high, rather than building nearer to the ground. Of course, you can't have a penthouse without several floors! pirate_wink.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif