Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

[ESL - FB1] A Fruitfull Visit

Gods! Leon hated this place. And his luck. First that ambassady, now this... A tanner! Typically his luck. Would the Lady even know what tanners used on their skins? He was probably even lucky the streets were paved in this quarter.

Elysabeth: "Leon. I know it stinks here. But were you going to knock on that door, or are we going to stand here all day?

25468402071_22bc859ab8.jpg

The tanner opened the door. It was the same man. Elysabeth recognized him as the person who as willing to aid a hand when that thing with her legs happened.

"Greetings, tanner. My name is Elysabeth. We have to talk."

-"My... My... M'lady... I'm honoured! But where are my manners? Come in, please. There is tough a small problem: the ground floor is all working area, not something I'd call cosy. Will you manage to get upstaiars, to the living quarters?"

"Sure I will. Leon, please?"

With a gently hand, Leon took up his mistress from her chair. He placed one hand in her neck, while one hand gently supported the weight of the casted legs. In her turn, Elysabeth put her hands around the muscled sailor.

-----------------------------

When they arrived upstairs, Leon looked around where to put Elysabeth. It was clear the man was not rich: the small space was crowded with a storage room, a bed, a small table with some stools he wouldn't trust and a cabinet. The tanner seemed to sense their being at a loss, and asked pollitely wether Elysabeth would mind sitting on the bed. When she answered: "Not at all, sir." Leon put her gently in the corner. The faded blue of the bedclothes contrasted sharply with the clean white of the bandages around her legs.

24934421573_eebfd9631c.jpg

Elysabeth: "So. Here we are. First of all, I need to thank you. Your suggestion of a healer has proven critical in the saving of my legs. I, and with me MAESTRO, will never forget that. If there is any we might do for you, just say..."

The tanner: "Ah, were that you, m'lady? I was wondering what followed of that girl after she left the healer..." His eyes flickered to the special method of healing the casts represented. "But I'm glad you're doing well, m'lady, and it was but my duty. I only wish you, and so MAESTRO, the best of luck, and would not dare ask you anything but..."

Elysabeth raised her eyebrows: "But...?"

"It's... Well, the... Look, m'lady. I like my job, so when being a tanner in the Old World didn't bring up enough anymore, I moved here. But life is hard for someone not belonging to a company, m'lady. The MCTC has a monopoly on cotton, and with that on clothing... So..."

She nodded her head in thought. "I see... Well, I think we might be able to help you with that. What would you think of a contract between you and MAESTRO? You have your protection and a safe income, while we have a reliable source of worked skins and leather." When the tanner's eyes cleared, Elysabeth spoke again: "Do you have anything to write the contract on? Leon, would you bring me to the table please?"

-------------------------------

After she had put her signil under the now official document, Elysabeth sighted of satisfaction.

25534990796_8e88b16fcb.jpg

"So, it was me a pleasure, and the soldiers will you be gratefull for their new clothing!"

Leon sighted, but not of satisfaction. Now they would have to wear things that smelled like this too!

----------------------------------------------------

I had this lying around for way too long, it was past time to have this posted. With this build, I hoped to represent the poorer people and quarters of Elysabethtown, and how these too are engaged in MAESTRO. The tannery itself can be found on the ground floor, and in the courtyard. Anyway, I hope you liked it! CC very appreciated!

Additional images

25561133435_0c380b0c7b.jpg

24934423933_dd7354c12e.jpg

25193580299_d7975428cd.jpg

Very nice! The texture of the walls looks very good and the interior is full of details. I imagine it does smell quite bad however with the open courtyard/tanners workspace! Story is great as well, well done!

Very nice building and interesting story to go with it. The grey/dark brown/black colorscheme is good. It's all well textured, especially the walls. The interior looks pretty good too. Keep it up.

Don't mind me, I'm just taking notes over here. That exterior brickwork looks like it took serious effort to build, but suits the run-down look of the building really well.

The walls and the enteriour look very good. I can definetely see some fast improvement there. However, I don't really like the roof, it's somewhat weird. Anyway, overall a pretty good job!

Looks great!

Building is run down enough, nice colours and I especially like the difference between the main street and the side alley

Nice build, Titus - I like the idea of the tanner, and the more... odious aspects you remind us all about. Not too sure I will ever buy another pair of leather shoes! pirate_wink.gif (Well, not antique ones, at least pirate_tong.gif )

The story is nice, and I too like the difference between the street and the sidealley. Personally, I am not a fan of the unattached tiles and plates on the street, and I think the stone wall is to textured. Both seem unlego-ish to me - I am probably too much of a conservative for this! pirate_wink.gif

I have noticed the same slope of the roof in a few of your other builds, and I think it would benefit from a lower slope - might make it look more natural.

Other than that, I agree - you have improved tremendously over your membership here and in GoH, and you are definitely evolving your own style!

Keep it up! pirate_blush.gif

@all: cheers guys!

Nice build, Titus - I like the idea of the tanner, and the more... odious aspects you remind us all about. Not too sure I will ever buy another pair of leather shoes! pirate_wink.gif (Well, not antique ones, at least pirate_tong.gif )

The story is nice, and I too like the difference between the street and the sidealley. Personally, I am not a fan of the unattached tiles and plates on the street, and I think the stone wall is to textured. Both seem unlego-ish to me - I am probably too much of a conservative for this! pirate_wink.gif

I have noticed the same slope of the roof in a few of your other builds, and I think it would benefit from a lower slope - might make it look more natural.

Other than that, I agree - you have improved tremendously over your membership here and in GoH, and you are definitely evolving your own style!

Keep it up! pirate_blush.gif

Thank you! I've experimented with the wall-technique, but I found it indeed to be too much texture.

That slope has also gone into soms other builds, but other then the walls I'm planning on using different techniques during different builds to get things the way I want them to be.