Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

1920's Wild Western real life mini-figures

(This is all my Western figures, and if this needs to be moved somewhere else, I'm sorry in advance.)

Imagine the Wild West of the 1880's, but 40 years later in 1920. The spirit of the gunslinger, the sheriff and the Native American lives on still, but how do technological advances and new powers play out in the Wild West?

25169809569_99dc4aa5a8_z.jpg

The Blackheart Gang is a fictional train robbing group reminiscent of the Old West and are on a crime spree in early 1920.

The Blackheart gang is led by the genius gunslinger the "Man in Black" whose name is not known by anyone still living. Also he plays harmonica during raids, giving clues and help to gang members in code as he does not speak much. (lower, center)

This gane features other criminals such as (top row from left to right:)

"Sister" Sarah: she infiltrates the train at a previous station sometimes disguised as a Catholic nun. She then makes mental notes of where the valuables and safe are kept, and how many guards their are

Tuco "the rat": This man puts ties on the tracks to stop the train, then blows the track behind it. He also can blow the safe door easily, no matter how thick the metal. He also knows most locks better than most locksmiths (just in case), and keeps a running table in his head of how much dynamite he has left to use.

"Hot-Lead" Luke: He takes care of any guards (permanently) and relives the passengers of their watches, gold and and cash, with help from Sarah.

"Smiley" Feared sociopath, and is said to kill the train men of each train they rob, though the bodies have never been found. he also makes sure no-one looks at the robbers as they leave or tries to be a hero.

25418813132_57d49c9026_z.jpg

These hardened railroad men are as follows:

Top:

Tom Hardy; senior locomotive engineer and perpetually two weeks from retiring (or so he says)

Joseph Barbara; station master of the Fort Legoredo depot, always punctual and runs through life like a well oiled machine

Middle:

E.S. Hawkins; division manager and a bit of a eccentric. Stops by the Legoredo station every now and then and demands a train be chartered to a fictional / impossible place. He says he's serious, but in actuality he just likes to keep people guessing on his next sentence!

Lower:

Sidney Flattery, junior fireman of engine Number 1 and is very proud of keeping the old girl running like clockwork, even though she needs a thorough overhaul by 1920.

Alex; locomotive engineer of engine 4613 and sometimes old No.1 when Tom Hardy is busy or unavailable. (this is me!)

24910641893_3916b04cf2_z.jpg

Just some local folks, including a old miner 49er, a couple ladies, the honorable Mayor Peter Johnston (with white beard, lower row) and three citizens.

25511217986_b4b1faccf3_z.jpg

Just some local folks, including retired sheriff Woody, Jessie the cowgirl, the current sheriff (Rodger Walker, top row in black) two deputies (lower row), two ladies, and two citizens.

24906819264_a3d1dab4ec_z.jpg

Commanded by General Buford Armstrong, the garrison at Fort Legoredo is ready for anything... or so they think!

24906819014_1992ab1e48_z.jpg

These Native Americans are of the tribe displaced by the US Army and the silver miners in the Raindance Ridge area back in the 1870s. They aren't to happy about that, to say the least, though sasdly these three are the last of their tribe buy 1920. Though they are determined to get the land back, even if they have to team up with the evil Blackheart Gang to do so!

25444599811_eae29fb78c_z.jpg

This is just miscellaneous stuff for my 1920's / western figures, such as the Army cannons, Bullseye (Woody's horse) and some other four legged friends.

Comments, questions, and complaints welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

These figs look great!

Thank you. This isn't all of them: I discovered some more hidden in another bin from a previous photo session... one of these days I'll get these photos "picture perfect"!

So many mini figures, devided into logical groups - nice job. Which one is your favourite?

My favorite is probably a tie between ex-sheriff Woody and E.S. Hawkins (the guy with the dark gray suit and the 12th Doctor's hair). The reason is simple: I love Toy Story (Woody was one of my childhood heroes, and still is today), and I just am fond of the head / hair combo on Hawkins... it just looks realistic.