Sign in to follow this  
Balbo

Lord of the Rings - Tabletop Football

Hello everybody :classic:

After seeing that fantastic Iron Builder MOC from Legopard ( https://www.flickr.c.../in/dateposted/ ), I decided to make something similar. Due to the fact I love playing Tabletop Football, I tried to make an Lego Lord of the Rings themed version.

25133893849_1029a83ed7_z.jpgLord of the Rings Tabletop Football by Balbo ., auf Flickr

It works quite ok (so it´s possible to play with it), but the bar construction with the 1x1 bricks and the Lego 4L bars (they are inside the 1x1 bricks) isn´t perfect, especially when playing a real game because sometimes the bar construction can break. But I´m planing on updating the MOC with a new and more stable construction for the bars in the future

Thanks for watching :classic:

Very cool. I think you should connect Technic axles as the control bars. You can then use the brick with the axle hole to attach the minifigs. I would try 2x2 round bricks on the axle for looks, but if they get in the way of the ball, use the axles only.

The idea using Lord of the Rings for a board game is rather unusual. There are lots of chess sets with such mini figures. But for such a game - that's rare. It's better than computer games. I'm also a LEGO board games fan. Your game can have much playability.

Thank you very much for your comments - I'm glad you like my latest Lord of the Rings MOC :classic:

It is great... But the real question is does it work? :P

Yes it works, but it's still not perfect, especially when playing a real game, but I'm planing on updating it with some modifications in the future :classic:

Very cool. I think you should connect Technic axles as the control bars. You can then use the brick with the axle hole to attach the minifigs. I would try 2x2 round bricks on the axle for looks, but if they get in the way of the ball, use the axles only.

Thank you for the hint - using 2x2 round bricks would be a great solution, too :classic:

Edited by Balbo

I couldn't help but look at the title and post a comment. What a ridiculously bizarre concept that you've executed perfectly!

Interesting concept. I've been wanting to do a LOTR game of some sort, mostly was thinking of Pinball, but it looks like someone beat me to it. Granted, mine would look different than theirs. Also, everyone does chess, which is neat, but it is good to see some variety, like foosball.

I hadn't considered foosball, but I haven't really played much myself. This is a neat concept. I would probably choose different people as my players, but that's just me. Good work. It will be interesting to see your updates if/when you do any.

I saw this on BB lately. Great work! Technique Axle connectors would work well I guess. A nice idea would be to have iconic miniatures of the factions main fortresses as [Tore] you know what I mean, I don't know what it's called in english.