Sign in to follow this  
woofmcmoose

[M - E01] Nature's Magic Space Holes

Tags: Building (Spaceship interior), Spying

Aboard the Mantis Science Vessel Horizon 05 Marzn 3016

MSF1_zps6bxm9zig.jpg

Note: MSV Horizon is a previous build and not to be judged.

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Computer begin log entry."

"Recording."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Henry Moose, Personal Log 05 Marzn 3816. We are en-route to E01 to rejoin the fleet. Our mission to locate the missing Kawashita ship is ongoing. Last week we tracked the OCS Profit to F02 in the hope we could determine the nature of the GATE field anomaly generated by it's drive core which permitted us to receive the Kawa transmission in the first place. Unfortunately we only found more questions. The profit had apparently crashed on Lesser Drigo and both Octan and we were on the hunt. Thankfully we got there first but only just......"

Main Engineering, Wreck of the OCS Profit, Lesser Drigo, 01 Marzn 3816

obroken_zpsk7v0wqf5.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Wow this is quite a mess."

marine_zpsmlelxakk.jpg"Another one! I don't like this sir..."

ohesdeadjim_zpslxqjupgy.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Don't worry, this ones dead too."

marine_zpsmlelxakk.jpg"That's rather my point; the whole crew are dead, with nothing left but bones and spacesuits. Anything capable of doing that to a person is not something we want to meet."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Don't worry, our scans showed not other bio-signatures, stay alert though just in case."

marine_zpsmlelxakk.jpg"I'm always alert Sir!"

mossedownload_zps3owmawft.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Reserve power is still functional. Carlson, get in here, work your magic and see what you can find out."

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "Yes, Sir!"

ohacking_zpsdskbk83u.jpg

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "Sir, the computer still contains the GATE field analytics from the last 12 jumps, along with the Chief engineer's logs. Shouldn't take too long to break the encryption and copy them to my data pad."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Well, get on it. Rover, this is Moose. We found what we came for, we will return to you shortly."

DrF2_zpsjqfcdrbx.jpg "Roger, you may want to hurry it up. I've picked up a flight of Octan Hawks, inbound. Comm chatter suggests they are on a salvage denial mission. I give you ten minutes before they turn what's left of the Profit into dust."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Carlson, you heard the Doc. Hurry it up!"

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "Yes Sir."

MSV Horizon 05 Marzn 3016

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"We made it out just in time. Carlson and the Doc are busy analysing the data we recovered and think we may be able to create the same effect as the Profits drive field. However, given the fate of the Profit I won't risk trying it out with the Horizon, so we are joining up with the fleet to relay our findings and hopefully commandeer a suitable GATE equipped drone ship. In the meantime I am going to study up on the mechanics of GATE travel so I can hopefully understand some of the things Carlson and the Doc are proposing. End log."

"Recording Complete."

Recreational Room, MSV Horizon 05 Marzn 3016

m1_zpshlpvbqwd.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Right, Laser Bean Poppers, check. Larvae smoothie, check."

m2sit_zpsvmvn2zyf.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Time to study!"

m3start_zpsb3dbku5b.jpg

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"The Unitron Corporation presents: Gravitational Anomalies; Natures Magic Space Holes!"

out1_zpsncp077je.jpg

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"Hi, I'm Roy LaFleur. You may remember me from such films as Astroman vs the Olympians"

olymp_zpsolp0joal.jpg

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg "and Bikini Babes of Ice Planet 2002"

ice_zpscktu1rlh.jpg

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg "Mr LaFleur?"

out2_zpstnaa5gal.jpg

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"Yes Jimmy?"

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"How does my Mommy work go to work in the Andromeda Galaxy when we live in the Milky Way?"

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"Well that's easy Jimmy! Mommy just steps through the GATE."

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"What? Like this one here?"

out3_zpsvxuzre70.jpg

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"Yes Jimmy. Except that the street is the Milky Way, this side is Andromeda, and the gate is an n-dimensional singularity which is opened via a Rhumkopf-Brickowski field."

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"I don't understand?"

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"Well Jimmy, lets go inside and ask a Scientologist to explain."

out4_zpsicu6azxo.jpg

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"Okay!"

pig1_zpscth7is2u.jpg

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"Mr Scientologist, how do GATE dives work?"

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Well that's quite simple. Do you recall the experiment "Schrodinger's Pig?"

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"Why yes, the demonstration of the concept that the pig may exist in a quantum state of Superposition, where it can be both dead and alive, until it is measured by opening the box which fixes its state."

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Indeed, well we can conduct a similar experiment to demonstrate topological superposition in n-space."

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"Can we see it?"

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"Why, of course Jimmy!"

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"So, we put the pig and the poison in this box."

pig2_zps8dmyxufk.jpg

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"Poison?"

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Of course! Two experiments for the price of one. Demonstrating theoretical physics is not cheap."

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Now we close the box"

pigclose_zpsofbs9tks.jpg

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Now the pig may be dead or alive but we are certain it is in this box, are we not?"

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"Yes."

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Well, let us see. Yes, indeed the pig is here, and indeed we have collapsed its quantum state to the real state of 'alive'"

pigopen_zps89pabl8u.jpg

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"But how does this explain GATE travel."

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Let us close the box again and consider it's location. Now in conventional 4D space-time we have two separate boxes in this room. But what if we consider additional dimensions and extend those boxes along an additional 4 axes in n-space. They do in fact share precisely the same co-ordinates in many dimensions. So there is a possibility that the pig also occupies this box in certain dimensions that we do not normally observe."

pig2close_zpsyftxhmdb.jpg

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"But it's in the other box?"

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Well yes, to attempt to move it between these boxes in our own measurable 4D space would be impossible, and measuring outside our own 4D realm is also normally impossible. However, the universe has provided a way."

Roy_zpsbvevou6h.jpg"The Gravitational Anomaly."

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"Exactly, the Gravitational Anomalies are points of intersection where it is possible to both measure and move between conventional 4D space-time and n-space. Quite why such points exist is unclear, some postulate they are points of collision between parallel universes. Regardless the Rhumkopf-Brikowski, or GATE, engine allows us to effectively push a ship into n-space at one anomaly and back into 4D space-time at any other anomaly which shares at least 4 identical n-space co-ordinates."

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"But what about the piggy?"

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"So we tip the pig out of our space-time, into n-space and he exists in topological superposition. He may be in both boxes at once! Then we measure him in 4D 'real' space and determine his location. See!"

pigdead_zpsdgsmiuss.jpg

Science_zpssmfm1l7g.jpg"We have confirmed the pig is in this box, thus collapsing the 4D co-ordinates to this point. We also appear to have collapsed his quantum state to that of being dead."

Jimmy_zpslxpz0ye7.jpg"Waaa!"

...fshhh....plink....plink....fshhss...

m4_zpskygne9ro.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Guys! I'm trying to concentrate!"

...fshhh....plink....plink....fshhss...

m5_zps1ljcgde9.jpg

stevens_zpsqanry2bc.jpg "Yeah, in your face Carlson 3-0!"

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg"Guys!"

stevens_zpsqanry2bc.jpg "Sorry Moose."

A rather long story this week. Trying to further cement some of my ideas about GATE travel to feed my missing ship story. I had a lot of fun doing the film vignettes, which are still my favourite part of this build!

The Octan Wreck:

spoiloct2_zpssd2tbcfb.jpg

spoiloct_zpskrabfb1g.jpg

The Unitron Lab interior:

spoilabin_zpsmoab7pad.jpg

The Unitron Lab Exterior:

spoillabout_zps9ckk6ih8.jpg

The MSV Horizon Break Room with holographic-pool-hockey table.

spoilroom_zpslymuaxiz.jpg

Edited by woofmcmoose

Unitron Roy LeFleur is really funny. I love how you curved the walls in the Octan Craft. Moose poking the body with a stick is hilarious!

Edited by Mr Greeble

Oh my! That story was excellent! The PSA style education of gate travel was excellent! I love moose's quarters. The grub grinder is awesome! I like how you included the hologram pool table! I like yours better than mine!

Love the story and the characters! I totally imagined it in Phil Hartmann's voice the whole time!

I like how you've used common pieces in really clever and effective ways. The rec room floor and the frame around the holo-pool table are the two that really stuck out. It just looks so good :thumbup: